Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005
Found the new thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005

Fausty posted:

Anyone know why \ doesn't let me guild chat when using Sallos?

You have to put a space after it.

also "| space" for alliance chat.

All goons can join EQMS.

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005

Deuce posted:

Ughhhuuuu not this again.

It always pulls me back. ALWAYS.

Apparently I briefly played UOF in the past, because I have a couple starter characters on two accounts. Did they used to only allow 3 chars and 2 accounts? Because thats what I seem to have.

Yep. You are allowed 4 characters on 3 accounts now.

And you can add more characters to accounts at 1mil each, to a max of 7 chars per account.

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005

bomb posted:

Got wineskin working with uosteam + uo so I guess I'm playing again. For a new character on UOF should I go archer/provo? Currently macroing hiding and musicianship at the bank, but if there's a better alternative to starting fresh then I'll stop.

I tried them all and just as a heads up, Bootcamp is/was the best.

That being said, I'm using a Retina iMac, so not sure if that is true for laptops and everything else.

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005

Deuce posted:

Yeah, I am now "Deuce" with a period on the end.

Not that it matters because I don't actually have a character in EQMS after two weeks.

Need in? I can get you in tonight.

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005
The anti-EQMS post on the UOF forums these days is amazing. People are really getting riled up.

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005
Is Seek still in the guild? He is PM'ing me about the 120 taming, and is calling me a loving human being because I don't want to trade it for 4k dono.

I won't be able to get online until probably tomorrow night or so.

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005

FormerFatty posted:

Seek is gone from the guild -- good PVPer, horrible emo attitude.

Long time coming, IMO. Poison in the well.

I'm gonna just use the 120 on my 2nd tamer.

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005

Shy posted:

What is uo.com? Is it dead? Is it subscription only still? Do their client downloads work with other servers?

If you're looking to play UO Forever, just use this:
http://www.uoforever.com/download.php

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005

Pixelslol posted:

How are reds punished on this server? Is it stat loss when killed or what? Also what would a good solo gank build be?

Reds can have their heads cut for stat loss, but it's not perm stat loss. Have to wait 48hours (at an absolute max). There is areas where reds can't have their heads cut, and you can't have it cut if died to another faction player.

Is solo gank a thing? If you mean't solo pk, I'd go with an Alchy Lumberjack currently. They do big damage.

My build:
100 Carpentry
100 Heal
100 Anat
100 Resist
100 Swords
100 Tactics
80 Alchy
20 Margery (for casting Reflect)

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005
Nah carpentry lets you build table/stools on the run, to block your opponent.

(I meant Lumberjacking)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005
Also, you can get 7xGM in like 5 hours of macroing.

• Locked thread