Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

A totally unsolicited review:

https://www.cratejoy.com/review/fresh-balls-club-review-february-2015/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Marenghi posted:

Honey isn't cruelty free?

Workers of the world unite, you have nothing to lose but your lancets!

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Parallax Scroll posted:

they squeeze the bee to get every last bit of honey out, but this kills the bee

Those poor bees

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Even if the box didn't come with complete junk, what the hell am I going to do with all that crap. You only have so much shelf space for toys and drawer space for shirts. And your laptop can only have so many stickers on it

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

all i can see is the skull under her face

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

i think death waits for us all

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

WhyteRyce posted:

Even if the box didn't come with complete junk, what the hell am I going to do with all that crap. You only have so much shelf space for toys and drawer space for shirts. And your laptop can only have so many stickers on it

"And this is my Crate Room..."

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
My friend told me recently that he and another friend of mine are going to start doing unboxing videos for 1 or 2 of these nerdy geek crates.
Do they have a decent camera and mic to do this with? Nope.
Do they have video editing software to cut it with? Nope.
Do they have the disposable income to do this? Nope.
Is there demand for unboxing videos? Nope.
Do they need any of the paper RPG poo poo or whatever the hell is in the crate? Nope.

But that's not going to stop them! :downs:

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Ema Nymton posted:

My friend told me recently that he and another friend of mine are going to start doing unboxing videos for 1 or 2 of these nerdy geek crates.
Do they have a decent camera and mic to do this with? Nope.
Do they have video editing software to cut it with? Nope.
Do they have the disposable income to do this? Nope.
Is there demand for unboxing videos? Nope.
Do they need any of the paper RPG poo poo or whatever the hell is in the crate? Nope.

But that's not going to stop them! :downs:

Why the gently caress would you think you need any of that poo poo to make an unboxing video?

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
They need to start doing 5-part unboxing videos where they show off each item and every single video is 20-30 minute explanation of everything about it: An unmasked Batman Funko Pop Vinyl?

"Wow, where to start on this. First, this is a Funko-brand Vinyl. Funko started in...." (5 minute history of Funko)
"Now, you notice the heads are in the SD style, popularlized in Japan and known in the US originally due to..." (5 minute history of SD designs and anime collectibles)
"So, Batman, unmasked... What can I tell you about this... Batman is really Bruce Wayne, who..." (10 minute history on Batman, another 5 minutes on significance of it being an unmasked batman figure.)
"Tune in tomorrow, when we'll examine, in-depth, the next item in our crate: A T-shirt with Korben Dallas and Leeloo dressed as Batman and Robin."

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah just tape a cellphone to your forehead and talk in a bored nasal voice, bonus if you frequently get the mic to clip

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
we did graze back when it was $5 a week cause my wife thought it was cute and everything was tasty enough, now its twelve loving dollars a box for about $0.79 of granola

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

opus111 posted:

I'm not sure you know what 'cool' means.

art is cool

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

White people are the worst

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
I'm pretty sure people are paying to be on that crate list site

Unless there's some stupid separation of "crates" and "subscription boxes?" But I saw what I would call subscription boxes so...???

All of the popular, corporate random-poo poo-in-a-box brands for makeup aren't on there. Just lovely ones.

Makeup and food are the only two things that I could see subscribing to. You can't try everything, this helps you learn about poo poo you wouldn't have known about otherwise

Still a waste of money but if you've got the money to waste, what the hell

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Jonny 290 posted:

we did graze back when it was $5 a week cause my wife thought it was cute and everything was tasty enough, now its twelve loving dollars a box for about $0.79 of granola

at least these you can eat instead of accumulating dust in your nerd hole, but yeah I've never seen any service that wasn't at least a 100% markup over just ordering snacks on amazon.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
The best part about all this is the poo poo that's not available by itself will be approximately 48 after the eBay/Amazon sellers get their boxes

Reason I know anything about makeup subscription boxes. Stick with the ones with popular brands and a lot of funding a popularity, they'll often work with companies and sell their poo poo in full sizes on their website, companies make special trial-sizes of products that aren't otherwise available. Each item goes for about $10 plus shipping, that's 50 bucks for a ten or twenty dollar box.

Feel free to try it with anything you can think of, if something doesn't sell you can always include it as a freebie with a large order and get more repeat business because holy poo poo people love freebies.

Dunno if it would work with the nerd poo poo, though.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

I know I've seen a Attack on Titan survey corps logo cup from one of those boxes on ebay for like twice the price of the box.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
the front page is stealing our incredible humor

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I've thought about getting one of those crates, just to film myself dumping the contents into my trash chute every month, but I need motivation for that.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

brylcreem posted:

I've thought about getting one of those crates, just to film myself dumping the contents into my trash chute every month, but I need motivation for that.

Take out a loan on a hydraulic press so you can combine two YouTube staples into one, crushing the gently caress out of useless Funko POP! toys and other geek garbage. Your millions of dollars in YouTube revenue will more than pay for the press.

Just make sure to practice a funny accent, like Irish or Swedish or something. Not Eastern European because that's already taken.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

quote:

Now what else is in the box? Holy moley. This is nerd Christmas! It's more pencils with Funko Pop written on them! There must be at least a hundred, maybe two hundred! I'd say that nearly two thirds haven't been used at all. What an incredible value.

LootCrate people have once sent one of the youtube reviewers a huge box full of lovely inflatable crowns after he made fun of them including this extra cheap and not even remotely relevant item in their Game of Thrones box.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Germstore posted:

I know I've seen a Attack on Titan survey corps logo cup from one of those boxes on ebay for like twice the price of the box.

After actually thinking about it, franchises/specific nerd poo poo is probably similar to the more popular brands of makeup and skincare and nail polish and poo poo. I sold a Popular Brand single eye shadow sample (a small pan in a cardboard compact) for $28 once, because people assumed it was box-only. Then it was released a few months later on every website ever, $14 for one about three times the size and in a sturdy plastic compact. lmao.

A big chunk of my business is selling travel-sized poo poo that's not available for singular retail sale, not sure how that would translate to geek poo poo. Different sized figurines? Exclusive colors? "Gamer-Fuel" products from companies that are still in business?

oh god I'm going to end up selling nerd poo poo

Randumb Thots
Apr 5, 2015

quote:

And beneath that is... woah! Woah! It's an entire ream of office paper! On the wrapper, crammed into one of the few blank spots on the packaging, someone wrote "super hero movies" with a pen.

The parody falls apart here because I refuse to believe any actual nerd crate seller would put forth that level of effort.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

Makeup and food are the only two things that I could see subscribing to. You can't try everything, this helps you learn about poo poo you wouldn't have known about otherwise

Still a waste of money but if you've got the money to waste, what the hell

I get a fishing lure one that is pretty legit and there are a ton of guys to swap stuff with if you get a lure you cant use.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
GamerCrates is the ultimate gaming subscription box on the market today…PERIOD! With our countless themes, look forward to a brand new GamerCrate every month loaded with 6-8 kick a** items focused on new game releases and fan favorites. Not only do you get to rock the gear from your favorite game, but you get to experience the eSports scene with the top products in the industry. Whether it is Game On Snacks, Gamer Grip, Gamer Gloves, or Avenger Controller, you’ll get a taste of the competitive side of gaming.

We created the one and only snack subscription built for gamers. With products like G FUEL and JerkyXP, you'll be able to snack and game all the time. Get all of your favorite snacks delivered right to your door every week, every 2 weeks, or every month. It's completely up to you!

this one came with a can of soda and some potato chips

more horror
https://gamercrates.com/pages/past-gamercrates

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Madcosby posted:

GamerCrates is the ultimate gaming subscription box on the market today…PERIOD! With our countless themes, look forward to a brand new GamerCrate every month loaded with 6-8 kick a** items focused on new game releases and fan favorites. Not only do you get to rock the gear from your favorite game, but you get to experience the eSports scene with the top products in the industry. Whether it is Game On Snacks, Gamer Grip, Gamer Gloves, or Avenger Controller, you’ll get a taste of the competitive side of gaming.

We created the one and only snack subscription built for gamers. With products like G FUEL and JerkyXP, you'll be able to snack and game all the time. Get all of your favorite snacks delivered right to your door every week, every 2 weeks, or every month. It's completely up to you!

more horror

I hope all food items for team retro are out of date. For team modern, too, really.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Madcosby posted:

more horror

drat, I really need to get in on that. For $20 a month, I'll send you snacks that are about to expire, and a shirt I have no desire to wear ever.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i wouldnt take any of those things if they were handed out for free

im guessing most of it is handed out for free at gaming events

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Madcosby posted:

i wouldnt take any of those things if they were handed out for free

im guessing most of it is handed out for free at gaming events

I like Coca-Cola, and I would enjoy that, but I can buy a gallon of it for like $2.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
gamer jerky

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
If I had a kid is probably get them a sub box cuz it's a fun thing for children to look forward to every month. But lol at adult human beings getting minecraft key chains and Nintendo t shirts for their own drat selves.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I really am curious what "Honey Badger" is

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Iron Crowned posted:

I like Coca-Cola, and I would enjoy that, but I can buy a gallon of it for like $2.

Plastic crap doesn't give you diabetes though

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

unpacked robinhood posted:

Plastic crap doesn't give you diabetes though

It gives you vaginatitus and causes all the nearby vaginas to have a drought.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Max and Zach owned a beef jerky company but were lost on what they wanted to do with it. Upon their arrival home from the convention center the brothers decided that they wanted to position their beef jerky company in a way that it helps fuel competitive gamers. They did countless hours of brainstorming and landed on calling their company JerkyXP. The XP in JerkyXP was derived from the XP you would receive in various video games. They then took to the streets (twitter) to spread the word on JerkyXP, causing a twitter storm of questions and interest in their new product. In the beginning stages they could not keep up with demand from their small apartment room. By the end of 2015 the two brothers had purchased a warehouse in Warren, Ohio to outfit as a fulfillment center with a mission. The brothers mission was to employ members of the recovery community, giving them a second chance at work and life. They wanted to develop an atmosphere where employees could work as a team and keep everyone on track and meet the same goals for a successful life. The brothers want to see everyone thrive during and after their work at JerkyXP.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
hey i have this jerky company my dad gave me what should we do with it

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Madcosby posted:

hey i have this jerky company my dad gave me what should we do with it

it's close enough to Youngstown, it was probably just some dried up squirrels they found under a pallet.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Iron Crowned posted:

it's close enough to Youngstown, it was probably just some dried up squirrels they found under a pallet.

The XP in JerkyXP was derived from the XP you would receive in various video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Madcosby posted:

Max and Zach owned a beef jerky company but were lost on what they wanted to do with it. Upon their arrival home from the convention center the brothers decided that they wanted to position their beef jerky company in a way that it helps fuel competitive gamers. They did countless hours of brainstorming and landed on calling their company JerkyXP. The XP in JerkyXP was derived from the XP you would receive in various video games. They then took to the streets (twitter) to spread the word on JerkyXP, causing a twitter storm of questions and interest in their new product. In the beginning stages they could not keep up with demand from their small apartment room. By the end of 2015 the two brothers had purchased a warehouse in Warren, Ohio to outfit as a fulfillment center with a mission. The brothers mission was to employ members of the recovery community, giving them a second chance at work and life. They wanted to develop an atmosphere where employees could work as a team and keep everyone on track and meet the same goals for a successful life. The brothers want to see everyone thrive during and after their work at JerkyXP.

I thought you were making a joke and about half way through I realized it was an actual blurb.

• Locked thread