Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phyzzle
Jan 26, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

One thing I really hope for this game is that diplomacy messages don't just randomly pop up and take over your entire screen. That annoys the poo poo out of me in Civ 5. Why can't it just be an alert along with all your other alerts that you can either respond to or ignore? Especially since most AI diplomacy messages are inane bullshit like "tee hee your friends are my friends too" or "you built a city too close to the city that i built right next to your capital, rear end in a top hat"

I was forced to play in multiplayer mode with all AI opponents because of this. Games went much faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phyzzle
Jan 26, 2008

shadow puppet of a posted:

I like the sound of multiple rulers per civ with different personalities.

I think this was done in Civ IV, where Washington and Lincoln were both options for America. They even had different special abilities (though not unique units of course).

I had been hoping that Gold and Production would be somehow merged, but nothing like that was mentioned. They are two resources produced in (largely) the same way and used to reach exactly the same goals, except that one of them scales weirdly. (And of course they're practically interchangeable in real-life: Nations aren't able to "just produce" a bridge that they can't afford. And they don't "just buy" infrastructure that they lack the productive capacity to make. Except Dubai.)

But I'm glad that unhappiness is going local again. Perhaps uprisings and nation-switching will be more common for more distant colonies. It's better to put consequences on a map rather than on a read-out.

Phyzzle
Jan 26, 2008

Comstar posted:

- How do I tell other rulers to stop bothering me, no, I will not sell you anything for 1 gold a turn!

Play multiplayer mode, with the opponents as AI.

Hell, everyone should do this every game. All the dealing and diplomacy are still there whenever you decide to check on it. And you can change the difficulty level of individual Civs whenever you want, in case you are snowballing to an easy victory and want to spice it up.