Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Will the dlc likely get packaged or discounted at some point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

In my current tiny game everyone is green or teal happy face with me. :shrug:

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

In my current game I was a declared friend of Cleopatra who then proceeds to invade a commercial city state I'm suzerain of. The only option I seem to have available in her diplomacy screen is trade. Is there anything I can do because this seems pretty hosed up.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Gort posted:

You can declare war on her after she takes the city, for a reduced warmonger cost.

After the friendship wears off? She took the city and I only have the make deal option.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Could implement the SMAC thing where building a settler in a 1 population city abandons it. Just need a little pop-up to make sure noobs don't do it accidentally.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Try waiting a little bit after you save and then exit to the main menu before exiting the game.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

I like the game and I like it 100x more than base Civ V.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

The thing Civ 6 needs to bring back is moving into hills, forest, or across river tiles with your remaining move points instead of forcing you to wait/end turn.

Why?

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

Because making you unable to severely limits both your tactical options (and, by extension, the AI's capacity to move units effectively), and it completely removes the puzzle aspect of maximizing your movement points.

It opens up more options than it removes.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

please explain in more words than "it opens up more options than it removes"

Your decisions are more impactful if terrain is more important.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Niwrad posted:

They should just give you more movement as eras progress. It's weird that units get better at everything as the game progresses but speed. Takes like 30 turns to get an army from one side of the map to the other late in the game.

That's exactly what happens with your roads getting better each age??

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

theres a will theres moe posted:

I agree. I also think that it's stupid that you have to choose where to put them. IMO civ didn't need the puzzle minigame element of physically arranging assets in each city. It is more an annoyance than a challenge and it only takes one errant click to irreversibly gently caress up a city's production forever.

Load an autosave.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

It does spread passively. There are arrows showing you the pressure under the religion lens I think.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

I want a new Master of Magic with hexes and army combat as well as traditional technologies and magic tech and have end game units be combinations of both. Fast flying jet's with paratrooper wizards that shoot lightning bolts at infantry :allears:

Have you played Age of Wonders 3? No jets but it's good.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Do Greece get a hill bias start? Everyone says the acropolis is poo poo because you lose a valuable hill but anytime I play Greece I seem to get a lot of starting hills.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Dammit I was hoping for Ethiopia/Aksum. Egypt 2 is lame.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

homullus posted:

Aksum would have been great too, but if you know about Aksum, you should feel bad about calling Kush/Nubia "Egypt 2."

I regret nothing.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

What are those Spain buffs though lol

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

I really don't like any of the scaling costs of settlers/districts/builders.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Gaius Marius posted:

The point is that the Roman empire was a vast territory that encompassed thousands of miles and millions of people and whose center of power only remained in Rome for a short period compared to the vast length of time it existed. Every game with Rome has the civ representing the classical empire of Augustus and Trajan. Saying it's a representative of a separate polity that existed a thousand years later after Mass migrations and annexations on the peninsula is ridiculous. It's like saying the US shouldn't be in since there's already Cherokee in the game.

The civs generally represent cultural centers through time and are named for when they were most influential/unified/notable whatever. Rome/Italy works exactly the same as Aztec/Mexico, Classical Greece/Greece, Persia/Iran or 5000 years of dynamic Chinese or Indian history etc.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Taear posted:

Having Rome be representative of Italy just feels wrong to me. Rome is most of Europe, it's not just Italy. Even if that's where it started! Does England represent Canada?

I don't see how associating Rome with Italy is weird at all.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Rather than pointless community crap, they're putting all their resources towards the amazing expansion that will make this the best Civ ever. :yayclod:

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Poil posted:

Do they even have a soulless and fun hating marketing department, that for some reason seems to be out to sabotage everything, like other companies do?

They hosed up the marketing and dlc structure for Tyranny.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Kalko posted:

My favorite was Detailed Worlds but it broke in the previous patch; no water resources would spawn. I did a quick search for other random map generators but I can't find any either, which is a shame because the default map gen makes really bland maps.

I wondered what was going on.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Space orcs vs space paladins is the lamest poo poo imaginable.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Efexeye posted:

what's that got to do with the price of tea in china

GalCiv.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Settlers are too expensive and I don't see any point in scaling costs either. The early game should be a land grab.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

it is. grabbing your enemies' land with archers :getin:

I usually play peacenik zen India, wars of aggression are immoral :colbert:

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Can't wait to get +5% culture and science in cities with a governer. Exciting stuff.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

So do the polders let you build land bridges?

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

It's dumb they keep ignoring actual North American civilization Mississippians in favour of nomadic hunter/gatherer tribes.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Negrostrike posted:

Just pretend Civ is some alternate reality where they settle down during the Neolithic. :shrug:

But yeah, I'd love to see some extinct pre-Columbian civs like Mississippians, Nazca and Kuhikugu (there's so few Civs in South America in comparison to elsewhere).

It's crazy the Inca aren't a core civ.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

I like the leader art.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

My biggest issue at the moment is just getting a good, fun starting position. 80% of my games I give up on after 20 minutes because I'm on a tiny island/I'm the only player on a vast continent/there are no hills or mountains anywhere near me/there are no decent expand spots/I'm in a spot that directly undermines my civs abilities.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Goddamit. Civ's been defaulting to my integrated graphics for the last year without me realising. I just assumed it ran like poo poo on my laptop :argh:

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnZPWuKpkXk

Statue of Liberty gives you settlers apparently. :confuoot:

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm not sure why that's confusing

“Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore,” she wrote. “Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

aka: yo, come settle here we got tons of space (that may or may not have belonged to someone else first)

It makes sense, just not sure how useful late industrial era settlers are.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Mapuche, Scotland and Zulu as the final three might actually get me to hold off on the expansion. Would suggest they're going to continue with dlc civs as well I guess.

Ratios and Tendency fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jan 17, 2018

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

They're saving civs I'm interested in and including ones that I'm not. Zulus go even further into insulting given Africa's pathetic representation so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I guess I mean, which civs are the obvious DLC-bait, given this information? The Zulu and Celts would be near the top of my list of civs that I could see being saved for DLC. I guess Ottomans, Byzantium, Canada?

No argument on the Zulu front.

The only rationale that I can see for including Mapuche over Inca is because you're saving Inca for dlc.