Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

mm time 2 gargle piss and shit

Gamerofthegame posted:

not really tbh it was pretty unbalanced everywhere

I didn't really play the game that much but heard friends gush over it, what were some examples?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

They should add some sort of (possibly very basic) logistics systems for armies if they're doing the 1 unit per tile, it would create some interesting choices in how you advance on a front.

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

Should have had hitler in the list 30 times

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

Have they said anything about the effects of the cassus belli system in multiplayer? Like it doesn't matter much who or when I war against in multiplayer, unless there's some sort of ingame effects since obviously players dont use a diplomacy system.

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

How intensive is it going to be? I ran civ 5 fine but my computers getting olddd

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

Any word yet if the ai diplomacy is functional in multiplayer? In 5 we just usually played with only humans but it would be nice to have some functioning ai from time to time

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

Eiba posted:

So is there any penalty at all to discourage infinite city spam?

I was trying to work it out and couldn't find a major one. Settlers have an increasing cost the more you've built, and districts have an increasing cost the more you built, but does the number of cities matter? It seems like it's always worthwhile to throw out an extra settler to fill any gaps you can find, as even a really bad city seems to be purely beneficial, no matter how marginal that benefit may be. Settlers would have to get pretty drat expensive to discourage city spamming.

Luxuries get distributed to the four cities that need them most, but tiny cities don't need many luxuries to remain happy, so they wouldn't get allocated any at the cost of core cities.

Everything I keep reading suggests that tall is the weaker option in this, and even going tall will be 6 or 7 cities as opposed to 10 to 13.

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

what was bad about smac?

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

lots of people saying the ai looks pretty bad, not that 5 was too hot. At least it'll be themed in a neat way

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

Was quill specializing in science to go that fast? The times seem similar to civ 5 where with Babylon you could be really far ahead pretty quick in prince.

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

Most importantly the strategic view in 6 looks amazzzing compared to 5, and close enough to the regular map that it doesn't look too jarring. I used it slot in 5 due to playing a lot on a laptop and it always took a bit to get used to the visual change between the iconography and the way the units were shown in strategic view

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

Still getting used to the game, how do I use for Japan for the best effect? I'm not quite sure how the adjacency bonus works for them

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

ThisIsNoZaku posted:

Normally, districts gain +1 output for every 2 other districts next to them. Japan gets +1 for every adjacent district (possibly stacking with the normal bonus, the wording suggests it does but I haven't checked) so they're encouraged to make super build up cities.

Ah ok thanks

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

Hmm so does this make Japan better or worse?

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

Honestly there's not much of a difference between no victories (paradox excluding stellaris as mentioned above) and a victory that is trivially easy (civ 6 deity once you have built walls)

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

why the hell is there a continue button in the game in order to reach the main menu

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

Judge Schnoopy posted:

I've read some crazy strategies about rushing science victory in 150 turns. It abuses chopping for rushing construction of everything and requires a lot of forests / jungles.

:justpost:

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

There was a turn 150 Diety science win on regular speed with Pericles on civfanatics (I think someone upthread might have mentioned it) involving going 3 theaters before building any campuses (campii?). I wonder with Magnus if it would speed that up at all.

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

He’s pretty drat good. No sure if this is optimal, but played Rome, built the government plaza and the building that gives +50 settlers, the policy card for another +50, and of course magnus with the bonus to chops and no pop loss from settlers. Chopped with a bunch of builders all in the same turn and got 8 settlers out in the same turn, with no pop loss from and 8 pop city. Seems good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

The funny thing is once those 8 settlers made cities, it also created builders that then chopped 8 more settlers (after a handful of turns growing to pop 2). I could have moved Magnus around to maximize it I think? But I forgot.