Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Alright, you seem to be pretty dedicated so unlike the other goons, I'll explain what's up.

Here on SA we don't like straight up video dumps. Generally people release an episode of a game, allow for some discussion, a link to this episode is added to the thread OP, and we wait for the next episode which repeats the process. This is great because the discussions can be genuinely pretty cool and if you really like (or really hate!) the game, you usually have a lot to say. When you just kinda put it all up front, we kinda don't know what to do with that.
I know the LP Archive is a thing and everyone wants to get their efforts chiselled into it, but both your LP and the game you're showing off will be a lot better received if you get some discussion going. It will be much more memorable and popular too, if that's what you're after.

EDIT: oh. Uh. Well, it's better but that's not quite what we meant.

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 02:45 on May 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I'd cut out repetitive deaths but eh, ymmv.

I see what you mean by the Souls elements but I always feel poo poo like "explosive barrels post screen transition" was some good bullshit. Like what is that supposed to teach the player?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Kinda sucks that after all that you just got the item you had before :v:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Could you use that Necklace of Sacrifice + Bloodstained Missive + Drilling arrows to just burn down the boss? She attacks pretty slowly so you should be able to just roll past here and the drilling arrows should kill her dogs too.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I figured. Japanese games are big on sacrificing your health for power boosts.

I'm kinda surprised they let you stack those together.

I was honestly annoyed how long the default arrow charge is. I'm glad there's a power that reduces it.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Horikawa Otane posted:

However, I am almost entirely certain that the game is not Japanese. It simply appears that way (and is clearly inspired by some aspects of Japanese game design). rdein is Brazilian or something, I think? There's rather a lot of enemies in Momodora 1-3 that are based on Portuguese words, so that's sort of my guess.

I know that the Japanese version of Momodora: RUtM was translated from English into Japanese by Playism, rather than being the source text.

Oh huh didn't know that. Yeah fooled me cause of the art style, game mechanics and being sold on Playism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Interrsting, what would you say made 2 so much better?

• Locked thread