Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Glad I'm not the only one who uses that song in frag videos. :dukedoge:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i think i have like 3000 hours in TF2 or something retarded like that, but 90% of that was idling for hats back when i had AIDS.

I got a 150 dollar hat scammed off me by a guy pretending to be an extremely popular hat trader cuz I didn't care enough to do the research about him... :eng99:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I had a stupid set of goggles for medic which I never play that looked stupid as hell and it had floating hearts on it for years and someone finally contacted me and offered 150 dollars out of the blue but then they just stole the hat.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I did at least enough research to see that the Market Value of the hat was indeed that much but I didn't bother checking the dude out. I had a proxy person who was familiar with Hat Trading helping me or something but she let me down.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

how is that even possible

I wasn't really sure what I was doing so I just thought you were supposed to trade on good faith or whatever so I told the guy my paypal address and gave him the hat and then he deleted the steam account after giving it to his real one. lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The first time I played steam TF2 a guy convinced me to trade my iPod headphones for his boxing gloves

lol Are those the ones that are the SoJ of TF2.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ever since that happened to me I just give away the rare hats I get if they look ugly.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

My friend has a pair of earbuds and hes been sandbagging them for years as they value kept inflating but apparently last year someone learned how to dupe them so theyre valueless now.

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

ive never been scammed for items because i assume anyone wants to trade anything its a scam

My experience of being scammed goes back to someone telling me I could dupe a crystal sword with 6 perfect emeralds in it if I dropped it on the ground in cold plains.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My sister used to pull mad scams on like every free online game and got filthy freakin rich doing it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

rediscover posted:

duh. i thought maybe there was another less obvious and more interesting reason

The gun gets in the way usually. Plus he probably came from Quake or something where you play with the gun off most the time as well. Though when I play it these days I put the gun on Ghost Mode so it's transparent grey cuz I like to see the model of the gun to make sure it's the right thing.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Outside of CoD TF2 has some of the most obnoxious gun models.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

i play quake with gun models because it feels better watching the gun fire

Agreed. QL had a gunmode 3 that was the most badass. Ghost gun ftw... best of both worlds.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

TFW i purposefully made TF2 look like a 3DO game to get 120+FPS.

It looks awesome to do that in Quake.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

r_picmip should be in every game, in this gamer's opinion.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

I seen some footage of pro quake players and theyre looking at a game of nothing but lines and cubes, its completely insane.

Some people also turn off (or on I can never remember) vertex lighting so there's absolutely no perception of depth as well. It looks really cool though IMO.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

this is just a google image search but my game looks almost exactly the same

The only sad thing is you can't see the sweet stained glass texture in that room.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lol ive never seen that before in my life

I never seen it until zoot turned the textures back on on his stream.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

But I also only played quake off and on since 2012 so my story isn't as epic as yours. Sorry.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

i imagine ql at this point its just 2 godtier russians dueling forever

Well they only play duel in europe now but in NA you can play instagib or clan arena. :witch: But the kind of cool thing is that almost 100% of the people who still play quake in the US go to QuakeCon every year and get like headbands of their clan tag. lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

i truly and honestly hope to god the new quake is actualyl good and not pure unmitigated aids

My friend told me the Heroes have Abilities.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I don't remember if in my current config I have just smooth flat textures or the texture filtering turned off so that it's big checkerboards all over the place.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Was Quake 4 bad. I never see anybody talk about it

It was in between Quake 3 and Quake Live so it just existed at an unfortunate time, plus I think it took a long time for the multiplayer to be patched enough to be taken seriously. The single player is alright and the multiplayer was about as good as you could hope a sequel to Quake 3's MP could have been so it wasn't bad, just mistimed I guess.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I posted a cool Q4 video in Lowtax's thread about whatever sarcastic gamer culture joke he was making but I forgot which thread that was.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzDksm-GnFo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRZszw14Im4

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

i just want dueling to remain pure. they can make their aids esports team gamemode all they want

The reboot of dm6 looks badass. Well the only part of it I saw was the guy looking down the jump pad in pillars so I don't really know what it looks like but that part looked badass.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3785434 This.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I just want them to make her ult more visible because it's nearlyi mpossible to see where she's throwing it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pharahs get really mad at me when I kill them as tracer sometimes.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ride The Motherfucking Hog.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Kazvall posted:

Im sorry but what does this mean? Given that I know what the public test realm is.

I think he meant he can hit people that are behind him.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

fearing mccree

Uhhh, why.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If you're going to be scared of McCree then you should be scared of Roadhog, Soldier, Ana, Pharah, and a bunch of other ones because they all have a way to stop a tracer and/or kill them in one hit if you let them.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In quick my top 5 most played are Tracer, Pharah, Widowmaker, McCree, and Soldier, and in last season's competitive it was Tracer, McCree, Soldier, Pharah, Roadhog.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I spent so long playing Widowmaker because I used to be really good at sniping in TF2 but I just done fell off and can't snipe anymore for whatever reason, and I was in denial about it in Overwatch for a long time. lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

God, TF2 is so awesome. It was p. mediocre at first, but once they added all the new poo poo it really took off. I'll never forget the day i bought my first Hat, t'was an awesome moment indeed. Thankfully the sprit of the new tf2 has been carried over lovingly by Blizzard to OW. Awesomeness as far as the eye can see. Too good, too good. Love this drat game. Waiting for the album to finish downloading (its a freemium compilation based on Movember) and now I just gotta grab some noms before the new tracer skins come out.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Me was 90% scout 9% sniper 1% everything else I think. I was trying to get into Demoman but then I stopped playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I got banned from a Crysis 2 server the very first time I played the game for that. 'Twas epic.

• Locked thread