Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

found this pic of qnqnx

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Looking forward to put near 300 hours in Torbjörn and Junkrat, each

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Epic session with the imps, ending in opening 6 loot boxes and getting one of the biker skins for Torbjörn plus a bunch of random purples
A good first day

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

In Training posted:

The trial scene from MGSV but it's all the soldiers screaming and losing their minds while Kaz pries open a loot crate

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

In Training posted:

YobGoblin ftw.

teh friggin byob goblin

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

NickRoweFillea posted:

Wait. You can reflect that huge bullshit dragon

You can reflect the arrow before it transforms into the dragon, apparently you can also reflect Mei's drone before it activates

Lumpy the Cook posted:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/394230/ scroll down to the 'More like this' section

lmao

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Junkrat ftw

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Larry's Burning-Man Style Sister: What's up fag? You using my monitor to play you lovely MOBAs? lol

Larry: For the last time. Overwatch is not a moba.

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

My memorial day/birthday weekend. Sorted.

Excellent b-days all around

Happy b-day bob

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Of 23 hours played total, 11 are as Junkrat and the next one is Torbjörn with 3

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Waiting is the other half of the battle

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

balance patch came out, mccree's alt fire got nerfed really hard and so did widowmaker's bodyshots, her ult got slowed down a good bit too. good changes

I'm going to play more McCree now that its cool to do so

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

Guys... There's something we need to talk about, and thats Overwatch's Laughably Convenient Ageism / Sexism!

Overwatch is a game that after criticism has expressed interest in catering to non-ludotypical body types for women, and it's true that Zarya - short of the Amazon in Dragon's Crown - is perhaps the most musclebound woman in videogames. She's a spritely 28 years of age.

Though its heroines may be diverse in body proportions, however, they cannot be old.

Of the Overwatch team, Torbjorn, Soldier 76, Reinhardt, and Reaper represent old men who've been with the division since its original incarnation, making them 50+. And Roadhog and Hanzo are 48, and 38, respectively.

The women, however, are frozen in youth and beauty.

Mei is 31, but was frozen cryonically for a decade plus, conveniently keeping her out of those dreaded forties and within the realm of waifu-bait.

Tracer was a part of Overwatch's original assembly but was frozen in a temporal vortex, making her a perpetually perky, attractive 26. It's jarring to see her alongside the grey men of Overwatch with whom she worked many years prior.

Pharah's mother was originally in Overwatch 1.0, but thankfully she's dead so the game can sport Pharah, keeping her essentially the same character but more youthful and easier on the eyes.

Widowmaker is 33 and her breathing and aging has been slowed by an artifically-reduced heartbeat, keeping her blood less oxygenated and granting her skin a bluish hue.

Symmetra has no such contrivances that keep her young. She simply is. She's 28.

Mercy is the game's oldest female at 37, though her medical training requires her to be and sports a cybernetic Valkyrie suit.

D.Va is a 19 year-old K-Pop starlet in a skintight bodysuit.

It's worth nothing that no robots or true cyborgs in the game can be female.

I found it amusing that for all its posturing on inclusivity among body types (which is essentially six Barbies, a thicker Barbie in a parka, and a short-haired weightlifter), the game sports a glaring juxtaposition in age gaps between those of its male and female protagonists, even when keeping backstories part of the same, original team.

Women in Overwatch, it seems, can vary slightly among body types provided they're a youthful, attractive complement to an aging assemblage of grizzled men.

NeoGay

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

yikes at everything

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

ppl were using the "avoid this player" system to ban good players that owned them instead of griefers so blizzard took it out lmao

Salt

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

ArfJason posted:

yearly replays of quake half life and doom every year, year in and year out

this

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

The TF2 Pyro, but with cold instead and as a girl

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

blizz teased one of the new characters, looks like it'll be a sniper that can also heal team mates

Wishful thinking: hanzo/widowmaker maining preteens switching to this hero and being useful

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

jfc

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Some people have things called Friends that they like to chill with on the couch and just shoot the poo poo and game like bau5es. Crack open a cold beer and pass the controller around to your friends, you know. Oh wait... You wouldn't since your too busy looking up the prices of what GPU you have to buy every 2 weeks on arstechnica.

pc gaming ftw

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

multiple ppl playing as ana asked me to sit still as winston/dva so they could heal me lol

crusader crossbow feels

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I think Winston is fun as hell but I feel like he gets eaten alive by a few popular characters. Lot of Reapers and Bastions in the babby ranks

Also, I will always remember when I ult 'd and accidentally jumped off the cliff on Ilios in front of my whole team ftw

Ilios in general ftw.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Scout got split into Tracer and Genji depending on if you want horizontal mobility or vertical mobility.

Bobnumerotres posted:

yeah but genjis damage is dogshit and he sucks in nearly every fight. hes the pest class lol

Left click at heads when away, right click when close, run the gently caress away if things aren't yet dead.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Homework Explainer posted:

it's fun to play ana in comp and when other team members complain about your choice save their asses on a regular basis and help win the match

THings that never happened

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

One thing that playing Ana made me realize is how gay it is there's a jump button, even though there's never anything to jump on and half the poo poo you can get on forces you to slide off because Blizzard didn't want you there. Anyway it sucks because you can jump with no penalty, so everyone does it, so you miss heal darts a lot at range. And for some reason nobody ever picks Lucio or Mercy when you're Ana because they think you can somehow heal everyone yourself

Larry has never experienced bunnyhopping his way to school.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

yeah, rip

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Lowtax posted:

Lucioball is great, it's just like Rocket Arena except slower! And worse! And not fun! And not great!

Faster lootbox grinding!

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

The numbers...

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Lowtax posted:

you see, Ana is Pharoah's mom, which explains why there are two of them and they are trying to shoot each other during this match

The explanation is abusive parents.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

never had that happen..but comp is really bad at the moment. if both teams win it goes into a billion extra rounds like a soccer cup match, even if one team beat the other in half the amount of time

Blizzard has yet to discover the stopwatch, for A/D control points maps

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

qnqnx fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Aug 11, 2016

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

In Training posted:

My friend has a pair of earbuds and hes been sandbagging them for years as they value kept inflating but apparently last year someone learned how to dupe them so theyre valueless now.

The economy of the game that has it's own in-house economist analyzing it for months and then left to become Greece's finance minister ftw.

qnqnx fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Aug 11, 2016

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

hype

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/yue_co/status/765974952738566144

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

Hanzo and the Hog just got sweet buffs on PTR.. My God it feels good to game.

The era of Genji is over, and the era of Hanzo begins.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

lmao

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Less than 2 hours until Sombra.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/22813879/
The ARG post has been counting down to something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Squeezy Farm posted:

Spies are the 2nd worst class after snipers.

This.

• Locked thread