Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

My child, Social Media Strategy, is genderqueer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

When I got the job at Lootcrate, I don't know if I told you guys this, but if you enter promo code: LarryIsAPoorFaggot you get %15 off your first months crate
7.11 percent

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I like it, but it's missing something..

*puts up 3rd psychedelic mushroom sticker*

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

It's my sisters monitor
Lmao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

*Le me derping in the Doom 4 looks loving amazeballs thread while listening to Courtney Barnett and sipping a Stumptown latte*
Me, singing along: I think you're a joke, but I don't find you very funny.

Courtney Barnett: Turn your monitor on.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Also lmao at all the posts

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Aye, sadly she's a bit misunderstood. In reality, Tracer has made me change my views and learn to love and appreciate women again, not objectify them.

I actually wrote an performed an unplugged acoustic song that serves as a parable about the whole affair entitled 'Oh, Lord, Please Dont Let Tracer Be Misunderstood' a side project from my main nerd rock acapella group: The Eight Bits at the local Gamestop last Friday night. I swear to you, there wasn't a dry eye in the house. The place was packed (though admittedly there WAS an Amiibo release happening as well that night. Still, I got a LOT of cheers and more than mario-style 'wahoos', a sort of ultimate seal of approval in the world of the Brooklyn gaming scene.)
lmao at this and all Retarded_Clown_ posts

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Typical Sniper Picker: You can't expect me to hit a moving target.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Just got this. Rufio is a really cool concept, I wish I was good with him.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yeah, that's the one.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm a pretty good Soldier 76, but a goddamn terrible tank. I can't play any of the tanks worth poo poo.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

winston is also great for just flying into the enemy's backline and loving them up
He's definitely been my big success so far for tanking, I like his mobility. But I think I just like to play ambush classes, and there are other characters I'd rather ambush with.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm very interested in learning the woman with the energy beam and all the tiny sentries, but being a support without healing seems pretty limiting.

The guy with all the floating orbs also seems like a cool take on healing and support.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

One benefit I've found playing Lucio: it's really easy to get people to stick close to you and move as a unit if you promise to keep them all healed, and then you can use his speed boost to rush a point. Also boosted healing will heal everyone to full in like a second, and you can do it pretty frequently.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Kazvall posted:

I'm watching these over and over wondering just what the gently caress?
The hitbox on the Huntsman in TF2 was also hosed. Game designers don't know how to do bows.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

yeah i was thinking it was the huntsman all over again. great -_-
It's weird because, just like TF2, this game has multiple projectile-based attacks that don't have hitbox problems.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

So the best way to deal with Reinhardt is to ignore him and go somewhere else, right?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

With Winston it seems like his short range means Reinhardt can just drop the shield and use his shockwave or charge, Winston's been the character I have the most trouble handling Reinhardt with.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

McCree seems pretty standard for an attacking class. He's never seemed unfair to me at all.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I love Lucio, I end up playing him basically every match because nobody else wants to heal. He's definitely my favorite of the healers. I see him in a ton of games. I don't think he's necessarily super strong as much as playing him forces your party to think about working as a unit to use his healing, so just switching to Lucio makes your team better.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

brazil won on the last penalty shot, im going to kill myself w/ a million beers and probably play this for a while

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

overwatch logo print white suit with dress shirt underneath that has art of all sexy overwatch ladies posing like that guy who landed a drone on a comet

solid gold overwatch+male symbol combo medallion
*while flashing medallion discreetly* Girl, are you Tracer? 'Cause for all intensive purposes you healed my soul.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Spy would be cool, if it was less loving useless than the TF2 spy. Spy is a cool concept though.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

PleasingFungus posted:

the tf2 spy was really strong at launch, and just got worse and worse as people figured out how the game worked and what they were doing. i'm extremely fond of the class, personally.

overwatch is already designed in a way that makes it really hard for the spy to work, though - being able to see all your team-mates silhouettes and death indicators and so on. it'd have to be a completely different design...
Spy is a really cool idea, but relying on disguises and cloaking for most of what it does just makes it too weak. I think Reaper fulfills a lot of its role in Overwatch, really.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Oh awesome... Computer--[Desk turns into the bat cave and my computer says Already done, Sir Edwin III] [500 screens with scrolling math equations and digital clocks surround me and my face peels back to reveal a Neil DeGrasse Tyson cyborg face with glowing blue eyes and mustache plate] Time to get muh stealthmans on.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It'll make Winston stronger because he's effective at getting in past whoever she's healing and killing Mercy, which is cool because Winston is fun.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

PleasingFungus posted:

i once played a match against a team that just cycled through gimmicks. all winston (which took the first point!), all reaper, all mcree. every time we switched our composition to counter theirs, they'd regroup and come out as some new gimmick. it was ridiculous - like playing against some AI wave mode.

i appreciate that kind of goofiness.
All Winston with a Lucio can be really effective. I also had a group take both points really fast with all Soldier 76.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

i've reported larry ingame a number of times everytime he says human being and friend of the family which is anytime he speaks really, i hope blizzard bans him
Larry's code name is The Salt, because that is the emotion he carries with him into battle.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

PleasingFungus posted:

encountering a good widowmaker is always surprising and often distressing

she can do a lot of damage in the hands of someone with a working mouse...
I don't believe this is true.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Theyre totally reworking symmetra Like giving her different moves and stuff. They said it in a vid.
Symmetra's my favorite character, and this owns.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

I like this idea but I'm not sure what it would be. Maybe add a couple more placeable turrets?
Make her turrets fire energy balls like her alt-fire while her ult is up?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Been pounding the competition (and my Pud, God i love you Tracer) to smithereens in this game lately. Shits been cash as gently caress. I like to believe its because of my lucky team fortress 2 mug that ive been drinking all my w00tstout from lately.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Symmetra is my favorite character and I'm glad she's insane now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wormskull posted:

I been thinking for a while about how it's possible there can be people thinking essentially as critically about the game, or at least sound like they do, but still be thousands of SR apart from each other so I can offer more advice besides obvious matters of sheer practice like improve your aim but I don't know. I feel like maybe some people talk the talk like just parroting something they heard on a stream. Sometimes when I watch lower ranked people play I feel like I'm more aware of situations in the game than they are, not just as an observer but just knowing the kinds of things I would notice if I'm playing. A lot of people suggest just instalocking road hog or soldier every game to Climb but that wasn't how I did it so I can't speak to the effectiveness and I feel like as you get higher ranked any single person's ability matters less so I don't like the Solo Carry Character advice anyway.

All that said I haven't really been playing comp this season because 3 tank and symmetra comps are boring to play against and play as usually.
This is good advice and makes me want to play more Overwatch.

• Locked thread