Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

oh yeah forgot MOBAs too. Awesome, Based Blizzard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

NV,M,i take it back, Blizzard are awesome

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

when are people going to buy overwatch without adding that they hate themselves for it

No idea. How could you have anything but love for this game? (Except Tracer. You stay away from her. My waifu. :colbert: )

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Not gonna lie lads, before this game came out I was in a pretty bad way. I was a pretty lonely guy. (I'm a 29 year old virgin and had a HUGE chip on my ahoulder about it, and sex/women in general.) I never dated, stayed in most nights, and was really starting to get cynical about love and whatnot. I was reading red pill subreddits on the daily, and becoming pretty bitter when it came to the concept of love and companionship. "True companionship is not real, its a media creation", "Women will just take your money and leave you", "Love is just an emotional reaction to chemicals, like chocolate. Find a new bar" etc. etc. But when I first popped in Overwatch to my Xbone, EVERYTHING changed.

Tracer, for all intensive purposes, healed my soul. I had been out in the cold for a long, long time when it came to love. But then this girl, this woman appeared before my eyes. She was gentle and sweet, with an adorablely chipper attitude and accent, and I melted like butter. She showed me that true love is possible. A lot of healing began that day, and by the end I sat in front of my 50' tv in my mancave, balling my eyes out. I will forever be indebted to Blizzard for showing me that true love WAS still possible. And I will always praise this game because of that, opinions be damned. This game is special to me. Not for it's fun factor (which is enormous), but because it truly made me want to live again.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

i keep thinking of tracer tong instead of the sexy blizzard wive's

Nah, she was a Overwatch Character who caused a bit of controversey (Source: [urlhttp://www.fark.com/comments/9097528/Blizzard-takes-out-a-controversial-butt-pose-from-Overwatch-due-to-feminists-complaining-that-it-objectifies-womenand-replaces-it-with-a-pose-ripped-straight-from-a-cheesecake-pinup-painting[/url]

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

that's the most informatve, and infuriating, url i have ever seen

Aye, sadly she's a bit misunderstood. In reality, Tracer has made me change my views and learn to love and appreciate women again, not objectify them.

I actually wrote an performed an unplugged acoustic song that serves as a parable about the whole affair entitled 'Oh, Lord, Please Dont Let Tracer Be Misunderstood' a side project from my main nerd rock acapella group: The Eight Bits at the local Gamestop last Friday night. I swear to you, there wasn't a dry eye in the house. The place was packed (though admittedly there WAS an Amiibo release happening as well that night. Still, I got a LOT of cheers and more than mario-style 'wahoos', a sort of ultimate seal of approval in the world of the Brooklyn gaming scene.)

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

PleasingFungus posted:

who paid $10 for this thing.

This. Who bought it and also I demand to see the source material its taken from. To further mock, I mean.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

born out of love my contemporary, moba influenced take on bugs bunny in drag

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

listen up. every game blizzard has made is objectively bad, and they single handedly ruined gmaming, and all of them are mobsas

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

ill take the "avoid this game" option instead.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

thank god blizzard has ensured that every shooter released from now on will mimic them in an attempt to chase that sweet Overwatch revenue

Awesome. MOBA shooters FTW!!!

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Muh shootmanz theories. Shut up & FRAG!!!

Thats why I play Quake and not this Garbo.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

i bought this because i get tired of playing against wormskull and the other guy on quake live

Yeah, i mean, not knocking anyone for trying to have fun or a good time online with the lads, so long as its acknowledged that the game is Objectively Trash.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

Quake is pretty good actually :troll:

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

are there still ppl that play quake 1 because i downloaded a bunch of server browsers and couldnt find any games

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

You guys need to get with the times. overwatch is the future. join us

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

In Training posted:

I picked up quake in the steam sale and while the single player is just ok (it's so drat brown) I bet the multi is fun. We should get an Imp game going sometime

Yeah, Quake 1 is Meh. merely "okay", at best. Needs more colors to distract my brain+ waifus

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

most nteresting thing about this game so far looks to be that horror mod dead by dawn or w/e. i was watching kaceytron stream it earlier.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Really not digging the new competitive mode they've added. Overwatch has been an amazing experience so far (i say experience over 'game' because its more than just a 'game') and the though ot if degrading into yet another dudebro COD-esque "git gud" simulator makes me worry. I love that when I pick this game up no matter what win lose or lose I always end up with more XP, or some kind of loot crate or trophy just for participating. The thought of losing that makes me super uncomfy.

Regardless, even if the community does go to shite I'm in the process of a coding a total conversion mod called Underwatch which is more story based and mixed with the universe from my other favourite game. Here's hoping things dont get too aggro.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Editing threads/posts is the ultimate bitch move and to think I once had hope for you

This.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Wormskull posted:

I was playing this a few minutes ago and "Tracer, for all intensive purposes, healed my soul" was going through my head the entire time. Le most pure Winsauce.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Some people have things called Friends that they like to chill with on the couch and just shoot the poo poo and game like bau5es. Crack open a cold beer and pass the controller around to your friends, you know. Oh wait... You wouldn't since your too busy looking up the prices of what GPU you have to buy every 2 weeks on arstechnica.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_08O4i47sM&t=0m28s

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

https://vine.co/v/5aUipJvi0t0

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Anyone up for some puff puff pass n' play O-Watch? (Smoke big time weed for a few hours whilst playing some ranked Overwatch on Xbox Uno baby... Talking about blowing big clouds and passing blunts around left and right, discussing the lore, running some characters to see whom has special dialogue with whom, maybe put on an impromptu Weed-Fueled 420 ArtJam and express our love of the game with some fan art, just have a hell of a time. Hit me up on the Uno at gamer tag xGreenLeafs91.)

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

has anyone else experienced times where theyve suddenly started uncontrollable weeping out of joy when playing this game? I dont know...I'm just so....happy that this game exists. The amazing gameplay, the girls, the amount of good this game has done for the games industry in general... i dont know...i just know everytime i pick up this game my hands are soaked from joyful tears.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

checked the whining thread and it is very sad

Wisdom. Overwatch is literally without hyperbole the greatest game ever made. If anything, my only complaint would be how much free time this game has sucked off from me. But its literally worth it.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Larry: Why do they call her Tracer when bitch doesn't even draw? Game is retarded.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Wormskull posted:

I think Bob just has brain damage and some form of Stockholm's Syndrome from playing this too much.

:dva:

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Word to the motherfucking Bern. All games should be f2p iOS garbage. *holds up gem bagz* ONLY THIRTY BUCKS FOR A THOUSAND GEM BAGZ!!! :D

you joke je but i literally think the loot crates in this game are loving awesome. not bringing the model to other games? Gently caress that noise, all games should be f2p and have microtransactions.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Lmao i cant believe people played that garbage shooter tf2 (incouding me, had a bit of a Hat problem & i actually ended up having to go to a specialized gaming rehab in south korea for) so much. Rediculous. Anyways, back to Overwatch.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Born out of love, my first drawings in 30 years.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

they should add Kermit and Dat Boi as heroes in DLC

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

HORMELCHILI posted:

they should just add the tf2 scout so i never have to try playing as tracer

hrep a drep

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

God, TF2 is so awesome. It was p. mediocre at first, but once they added all the new poo poo it really took off. I'll never forget the day i bought my first Hat, t'was an awesome moment indeed. Thankfully the sprit of the new tf2 has been carried over lovingly by Blizzard to OW. Awesomeness as far as the eye can see. Too good, too good. Love this drat game. Waiting for the album to finish downloading (its a freemium compilation based on Movember) and now I just gotta grab some noms before the new tracer skins come out.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

*the opening bass riff from the o'jays - money is playing while i strut into the thread wearing a saturday night fever disco suit, rainbow afro wig, a giant gold medallion of the overwatch logo, round sunglasses that are also the overwatch logo, extremely tall platform shoes that are as long as stilts, and holding an equally long swagger stick/pimp cane with a diamond at the top that has the overwatch logo encased inside it* Whats the word, playas? *one of the platforms get stuck in a pot hole and i tumble over, breaking my overwatch sunglasses and making me grab my knee like peter griffin*

ssst ah

sst ahhhhhh

sst ahhh

sst ahhhhh

ssssst.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

overwatch logo print white suit with dress shirt underneath that has art of all sexy overwatch ladies posing like that guy who landed a drone on a comet

solid gold overwatch+male symbol combo medallion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

lol

• Locked thread