Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Problem description:
I post on a few forums but I'm only having this issue with the phpBB ones. When I click a link to open a thread on these forums the page will sometimes open with no dramas, other times it'll load part of the page and stop, and sometimes it won't load at all. It will often appear not to leave the original page but the original page will be 'frozen' and none of the links will work. Other times I'll just get a blank white page. There does not appear to be a pattern to any of this. Refreshing the page works, although sometimes it'll take several refreshes for the page to load properly.

This is the only other example of someone with the same problem I could find via google: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/_HFk7pS83jo
I tried the solution suggested there but to no avail.

I haven't been having this issue when using Chrome on my phone.

Attempted fixes:
cleared the caches on Chrome and Firefox, reinstalled Chrome
Recent changes:
No

--

Operating system:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

System specs:
Acer Aspire V3-571G
Intel Core i5 3210 CPU 2.5GHz
16GB RAM

I have Googled and read the FAQ: