Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Zandig did an interview in one of the British magazines in like 2004 which is sadly lost to the internet where he absolutely buried his own talent, saying that he just took the guys who were too small and not good enough for the WWE and used them because he knew they would be willing to do anything he asked of them and would die for the opportunity to do so. It was about the time that Steen and Generico came in for their run and he name dropped them as two guys where CZW would be their peak.

He has a great mind for the business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

His price is a lot lower now than it was before, to the point that there was a story about a promoter who passed on him because he thought that he couldn't have been the real Zandig because the price was relatively reasonable.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

BBC will never touch wrestling as they consider it too low brow. There was a conversation about ICW after the first documentary but it went absolutely no where and the sense was there was no place for it in the budget. Entertainment doesn't want it, BBC Sport can barely afford to invest in "real sports." It's fine as a curiosity subject in documentaries but they don't want to be associated with it.

Channel Five are the most likely terrestrial home if they were to ever find any. If Bravo still existed I would have thought they would have been picked up by them a couple of years ago. And well when TNA dies there will be a spot open on Challenge.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Dave is a real possibility. They've been flirting with more combat sports since they had a couple of MMA shows last year. They picked up the UFC Dublin card through Sky when BT wasn't willing to pay more for a show, and the Haye boxing card last week. There's been rumour's that UKTV might be looking to add a sports channel in the future, picking up off shoots from Sky and Eurosport. That would be a great fit.

The other possibility is one of the Discovery channels. Eurosport has been picking up as many sports rights as possible the last 18 months and then putting content on appropriate Discovery channels. DMAX would be a great fit for ICW.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Who was the guy in UWF who won a title or whatever who then got literally murdered in a skit that started the next PPV?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

It's roughly analogous to calling him "Johnny human being" in English.

There was a guy who worked the northern UK circuit in the early 2000's who worked under the name "Tommy human being." He did not have much of a career to speak of.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

To return for a second to strange gimmicks, the greatest heel gimmick I've ever heard of was from the 80's and the dying days of the old British wrestling scene. I'm told someone worked almost exclusively the working mens clubs in the mining towns as Margret Thatchers illegitimate son. I've never been able to find any details on who he was or anything more about the gimmick but a couple of the old Joint Promotion workers mentioned him to me in passing.

That might well be one of the greatest cheap heat gimmicks ever.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Anal Surgery posted:

What's the best Pinkie Sanchez match?

The one in the company that had shoot point scoring for matches where he worked out how to get the highest score possible by gaming the system.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Grozz Nuy posted:

I assume that's a prelude to them hooking up with RevPro to complete the circle of 'feds that put NJPW talent over'

Lets be fair here, RevPro gets to put its talent over NJPW guys far more often than ROH does. Then again I think the dynamic between the bookers is a bit different.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

One of the things that I think sort of marks him out from the other people who come into PWG is that those who have these big performances all have a point to prove. Like even with Cody, he's trying to prove he can hang with the top talent and prove something to people and to himself. I honestly don't think that Morrison has that mentality.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

The overseas talent for NJPW are on different rota's to the Japanese talent, but theres a few people who are on schedules tha aren't that far removed. Rocky works essentially one step down from a Japanese workers number of tours, and Trent as his tag partner has picked up the same. You see them often on shows where they are the only non dojo foreign talents.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Going to be interesting in so much as RVD is open about not giving a gently caress anymore and his dislike for putting over people he doesn't know.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

rovert posted:

Will wants to expose Vader's ego, but not his own. That account is right but he leaves out Will asked for more money himself.

Dunno if Will went into it or if I posted it here before but the UK guys who interacted with Vader felt he was suffering from the early stages of Alzheimers or such like. He would ask about the most basic things several times.

The way I heard it was that Ospreay asked for more money when he knew that Vader was going over.

Someone who saw Vader in the hotel thought it was as much that he looked terrified of doing so and the money was almost an excuse not to. Guy did not look well by all accounts.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Still bigger than the ICW ring.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Well trying to pivot by repeatedly bringing up Thatcher's injury is one tactic that I'm sure isn't going to get even more people pissed off with him.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Shibata apparently really wanted to work with Riddle.

Which is a sure sign that Riddle is not going to enjoy his flight home.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Wasn't that before Tyler worked an angle with Vinces fave guy R-Truth and essentially saved his WWE career (at least in the short term)?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

oatgan posted:

I'm kinda bummed I'm not going to see him wrestle 8 matches wrestlemania weekend but excited to see who steps up and grows into that role even if he's irreplaceable in many ways

It's going to be Cody.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

My interest level in World Of Sport lasted as long as it took for Grado to get to the ring.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

MagicCube posted:

It's really not looking good so far. Camerawork is really bad and Grado vs. Dave Mastiff in an 8 minute championship match to start the show. It's nice hearing JR call wrestling but that's about it so far. I'll give it time, but the camerawork is rough as hell.

It also has the worst authority figure I have ever seen in wrestling.

This segment on the old school world of sport is pretty okay. Completely out of place on the tone of the rest of the show but I would watch a whole show based on this.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

oatgan posted:

why are these men competing in a ladder match for a chance to enter the battle royal for the second title shot of the night

Why could they only get ladders with rungs on one side of them?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

This is real bad.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

How many takes do you think Sha Samuels had at that don't try this at home bit?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I hope this gets 10 million viewers.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I legit would love for this to do solid ratings. Everything since the womens match has been solid.

Just shoot the producer into the sun.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Mastiff is so good. He delights so much in being a dick.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Colts not got a full ROH contract though right?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

checksin posted:

Should British dudes be considering themselves extremely valuable right now

Probably. But there are enough skeptics who are starting to feel like this is a bubble.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

LDN wrestling are doing a tv taping (I'm assuming for a pilot) for Sky in Herne Bay of all places on the 26th.

That's a strange choice for somewhere to tape a show.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I'm the broken bottom rope.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

https://twitter.com/judekilgour/status/896231102523863040

This is the state of Dunne at the end of the match. The injury was off a really loving sloppy and unsafe belt shot.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Who booked the venue? Gabe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

The best part is her being mad about a pwg guy word searching for PWG