Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Zandig had a good feud with Yamakawa (aka Japanese Jeff Jarret) in BJW.

Also Somebody ran over Zandig's car is the only WWE create a storyline story that's as good as ghost problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Is Extreme Sports being broadcast in the UK? because that seems like the natural place for ICW to end up, right alongside z-tier MMA and X games re-runs.
Actually it's kinda shocking they don't have any pro wrestling content, considering they have been dedicating large amounts of airtime to roller derby and bull riding, two things with considerably smaller audiences (or so I would imagine).

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Chris James 2 posted:

Urban Wrestling Federation is coming back to PPV. The hourlong return show, "Bloody Bullet," is out today on demand for $9.99

This is amazing and I am so down. UWF is loving amazing. Very few wrestling promotions have ever felt as earnest as UWF.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Electric Lady posted:

the entire audience is a bunch of drunk, out of touch white people who are going because they see it as a sideshow attraction

Ah, so Hoodslam.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

C. Everett Koop posted:

Cody should put out another list with stuff like SGDQ/$5 wrestling/Cage of Death on it.

I know he hated the gimmick but Stardust seems tailor made for DDT.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Has anyone ever done a LEGO deathmatch? Seems painful.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

rovert posted:

Observer:

Chikara King of Trios weekend.

Hasn't KoT been pretty meh the last few years anyways? If they're making guys choose which to go to I doubt Chikara will win and this has the chance to straight up ruin them which is pretty brutal. Don't gently caress with the king of the indies I guess.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Clearly he just needs to start being booked as Johnny Morissundo.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Grozz Nuy posted:

Idk who their vector for getting CMLL guys would even be, the AAA guys made sense last year because of Ricochet and Cage in the LU locker room. I guess Elgin's in Mexico for CMLL right now but I'm sure the entire field for BOLA weekend has been booked for a while. Plus we're presuming a lot to think a guy on Rush's level would even care about working American indies. Horus isn't directly tied to AAA as far as I know despite wrestling for LU so I assume he'd be a lot easier to book. Flamita as well, for that matter. Ever since I saw that killer Puma/Azteca match that just aired today at the tapings I went to I've been hoping Ricochet would get Horus to Reseda.

But again, there are only 8 spots left and most of them will probably be going to people who already wrestle for the company regularly. I'm only holding out hope for Tozawa because he's already performing in the States for the CWC around the same timeframe, and he's managed to make PWG twice in the last year despite Dragon Gate's heavy touring schedule.

BOLA is weird because on one hand its an American indie show but on the other hand it exists in this strange place where a assload of talent has passed through it's gates so it does sort of sit as a tastemaker in indie wrestling. It's no shocker that right when UK wrestling is booming a bunch of UK guys turn up, they understand how strong the ability to sell DVDs in the future featuring guys that eventually get signed to bigger and better things can be.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

oatgan posted:

The HIV Kid from Incredibly Strange Wrestling. Dave went to a show once

Yeah I mean, you can't really compare them to other wrestling shows. ISW was more like a sort of rocky horror/drag show type of strange underground subversive comedy but applied to pro wrestling. My dad, who hates pro wrestling and most forms of combat based entertainment used to go to their shows because he thought it was hilarious. I mean, they had a guy in a wookie suit named Macho Sasquatcho.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

KungFu Grip posted:

AAW are money marks for them luchadors then

It really depends on your local demographics. If you have a strong Latino population luchas can pull enough tickets to pay off a show sometime, if you have a big smark population AAA or NJPW guys can also draw huge numbers to places. Chicago has a ton of Latino people and also is one of if not the smarkiest city in America.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

coconono posted:

Orpheum doesn't mind it when SHINE does spots off the bar or when Saraya Knight decks a patron. That's a super sweet heart deal.

Also a lot of Ybor is owned or secretly invested in by Scientologist money. I know a lot of places down there have very strange bookings because certain types of stuff violates the ethical code of scientology or whatever. My cousin used to book musical acts in central FL and he always said Ybor was really shady because of all the strange SciTi influence on everything there.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Grozz Nuy posted:

He'll probably try to hold the promoter up for more money on the day of the show and generally be an unprofessional rear end in a top hat

I thought Del Rio was still signed to WWE?

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Few things in wrestling are as funny as the huge dude dressed as dollar store Shao Kahn being named Robert Anthony.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
That trios match is gonna be on fire.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Grozz Nuy posted:

idk who Deej thinks the market for a televised CZW product is, or why he expects his company's garbage fans to not immediately poo poo all over everything to put themselves over when they do that already without the additional incentive

If my local fed can get a lovely TV timeslot on a local channel no one watches, I'm sure CZW can get limited regional distribution or something. Hell, Championship Wrestling from Hollywood technically has a national TV deal.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
King BW

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Now they just need to bring back Indoor League and all my favorite British sports programming will be back on the air.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
I just learned my local fed has hired a tag team of a guy in a black zentai suit named Shadow and a guy in a black zentai suit wearing a camo shirt and cargo pants named Shadow Ops.
https://twitter.com/TheWCWC/status/789658943542800384

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

RealFoxy posted:

I mean on the indies, or in Low-Ki's case never made it in the WWE. Chris Hero came into NXT as one of the best wrestlers in the world, it didn't work out, and he's on the indies again but he's still one of the most humble guys I've ever talked to

In that case the answer is any Indie guy who worked for a cup of coffee in WCW or who did like two matches on Velocity in the early 00s. I cant remember how many indie shows I saw back then listing people as "former WCW/WWF wrestlers!" and it ended up being a dude who jobbed to 2 Sexay on an episode of Heat before a PPV.