Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Did they not learn from FMW that the words fire + wrestling do not mix unless the word pro falls between the two words?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

C. Everett Koop posted:

https://twitter.com/juicefreak247/status/739579235615006722

i'm the pane of glass that shatters due to the sheer force of the 720 lariat

It's called selling bro, even inanimate objects sell the power of JOHN loving ZANDIG

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

House of Hardcore is running a cross-promotional show in Melbourne this weekend with Outback Championship Wrestling and the card & personnel is exactly what I would expect.

MadDog vs Cletus ladder match for OCW championship
Victoria vs Mickey James
Krackerjak vs MVP vs Tommy Dreamer vs Andy Phoenix
Mark Silva vs Bull Dempsey

Other international blokes on the show include Magnus & Carlito. What I don't understand is how do they intend to make money from this show? Flying out a bunch of people from America is not cheap and why couldn't they book just one of James or Victoria and have them work with Kellyanne who has created some genuine buzz on the Australian indie scene? The only thing about the show that interests me is that Mark Silva is making his debut and that's mostly because Silva is the son of legendary AFL commentator Dennis Cometti.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

If you don't vote for Zandig vs Deej as WON Feud of the Year you are delusional.

Zandig for wrestler of the year also

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Flair/Thesz Award or Most Outstanding?

Both of them, also for WO Hall of Fame.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

tnimark posted:

Any Australian/Melbourne goons here who've been to PCW shows? I just got tickets to my first on July 30th because Ricochet is appearing. Anyone know what the quality of PCW is like in general?

I've only attended one or two shows that were running out my way but they were solid albeit shows that were filler-ish in that they were obviously minor shows. At least you should be getting a sweet main event

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Freakin' sweet, Ryan Rollins (Australian Suicide) is returning to MCW for the MCW double header in two weeks. Between Rollins & Marty Scurll working the show it should be pretty good.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

How annoying is ordering IPPV's on Nico Nico? Dead or Alive is this week and that show is always rad as gently caress.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Ospreay cut the same promo after the Melbourne City Wrestling show on the weekend so I'm inclined to think he might be legit relocating. He's also working a show in Melbourne in a couple of weeks which Bad Luck Fale is also going to be on.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Oz is much more convenient for working Japan. I'm guessing he's incredibly beat up physically, so just working Japan and a few Aussie indies and resting up the rest of the time should be great for him.

Yeah, New Japan & Ring of Honour are both his priorities since he's contracted to both but the difference between a ten hour flight to Japan and a flight from the UK being absurdly long thanks to having to do a transfer would be very attractive to Ospreay.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Seems like Jonah Rock has a lot of buzz coming out of BOLA. I mean even if you're a first round elimination it still basically means that you're on the verge of breaking through on the Indy circuit.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

oatgan posted:

davey richards no showed the ted petty invitational

What a shock.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Their only presenter with any notability left is Simon & their fanbase is split completely down the middle on him.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

All-Star Weekend cards are out

Night One - Oct 20
Adam Brooks (Aussie talent) vs Mark Haskins
Joey Janela vs Trevor Lee
Jeff Cobb vs Jonah Rock
Flash Morgan Webster vs Travis Banks
Keith Lee vs Matt Riddle
Ricochet vs WALTER
REY FENIX vs Sammy Guevara vs Rey Horus vs Flamita

Night Two - Oct 21
Rey Horus vs Matt Sydal
Adam Brooks vs Jonah Rock
Travis Banks vs Trent?
Joey Janela vs Marty Scurll
Flash Morgan Webster & Mark Haskins vs the Young Bucks
Zack Sabre, Jr. vs WALTER
Ricochet vs Chuck Taylor (c) - PWG World Title

Tickets available Thursday, Sept 28 at 8 pm PDT

Dude, Cobb vs Jonah Rock? That's loving sick.
Also mad props for my man Brooksy who I've watched in Melbourne City Wrestling for years now and have even met in a crowd with him and KellyAnne.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Gabe takes after the man who taught him everything he knew.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Sounds like there's more developing with the Melbourne City Wrestling-New Japan partnership. At MCW7 today TMDK member Slex called out NJPW for a match at the show taking place in November. Since MCW 7 is a double header (it's the seventh anniversary) they'll probably announce it tomorrow.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Dr. Dirt posted:

I believe Slex gave them 24 hours to respond, so we should know who his opponent will be tonight.

Also, Trent Seven is in the tournament MCW are putting on for their anniversary this weekend. Night 2 happens tonight in Essendon, featuring a title match between Jonah Rock and Matt Cross.

I'm just glad MCW aren't falling into the same trap that OCW fell into where they focused so much on the international talent that the locals fell to the wayside and the only draws became who they could bring in. OCW making Drew McIntyre their champion basically told the fans that nobody there was good enough and I'm pretty sure that he never even dropped the title.

edit: Cross also won the IWA heavyweight championship last night and tonights title match is for both titles just like with Adam Brooks winning the PWA heavyweight title from Ospreay in the triple threat match in August. Rock is on the IWA roster at least so it's not a unification match.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Oct 14, 2017

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I can't believe that I miss out on Okada since I don't live in Melbourne anymore.

edit: Mr. Juicy has also invited Fale to come back down again.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Oct 14, 2017

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Can Ultimo Dragon still go?

He's nowhere near the athlete that he used to be but he's still pretty decent.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Sounds like Brooksy killed it with Haskins.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

MCW was apparently real good last night. Okada got on the microphone afterwards and said Tanahashi, Naito and Omega could come to Australia next year.

Show had an amazing atmosphere from what I've heard

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Aesop Poprock posted:

I forget exactly what he did but didn't Fonzy pretty much have to almost die in that match to keep his job because Heyman was going to fire him and the rest of the locker room wanted to murder him?

Dunno. Heyman says that Todd Gordon was brokering deals to get guys to ECW while Todd Gordon says that it was a work to make him a heel character which never actually came to pass. Reportedly Gordon had been pushing really hard to become a heel authority figure so his story kinda makes sense

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Strawberry Panda posted:

Pre-sale tickets for Melbourne City Wrestling aren't available anymore. So, what time should I show up to get a ticket at the door? I have a General Assembly class downtown until 4 p.m.

They're generally still available at the door but they're just going to be standing room tickets.
Obviously you wouldn't have gotten tickets at the door when Okada wrestled there but generally you can rock up and buy them.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

tnimark posted:

I woulda said hi if I saw this earlier! What a great show that was, though. One of the best I’ve been to.

Moved up to Brisbane last year so been out of the loop for MCW, what happened?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Masked Horse is a hero of the people

who the gently caress is he?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

PWG Time is a Flat Circle
March 23

Rey Horus vs Joey Janela
Brody King vs Jake Atlas vs Eli Everfly vs Douglas James
Jonah Rock vs Jeff Cobb
Zachary Wentz and Dezmond Xavier vs Flamita and Bandido
Adam Brooks vs Will Ospreay
Matt Riddle vs ZSJ
Chuck Taylor defends the world title vs Keith Lee

Good poo poo, Brooks & Ospreay killed it back in August in Melbourne City Wrestling.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Sounds like Melbourne City Wrestling had a killer show on the weekend; Ospreay vs Gambino was apparently real good and the ladder match between Robbie Eagles & Slex also sounded like it was a fun match. They're also setting up Ospreay vs Slex while we're also getting Jimmy Havoc & Toni Storm over the coming months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Oh my loving god, I hate the fact that Melbourne City Wrestling is getting legit huge stars to their shows since I moved to Brisbane. Their 100th ever show is coming up in August and it's being headlined by Naito vs Jonah Rock.