Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Thanks for the writeup on that, I was hoping to get to that show but nobody I'm visiting right now wanted to go. Sounds like it was good though, I'll try to find it on wherever they upload to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I saw someone on twitter call MJF a high school baseball team all compressed into one man and the only reason that's not true is because it'd be lacrosse instead.

Also, in AIW at least he's become Colt Cabana's son.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

SalTheBard posted:

Is there any chance they do Young Bucks vs. Golden Lovers 2 as the main event?

Yeah, but Bucks vs Lucha Brothers seems more likely. Whoever the IWGP champ is will probably be main eventing. Cody might, but I don't think he as a booker has the ego his character does.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Big Bidness posted:

Nova Pro has them booked in June.

The funny thing is that outside of his death match stuff, Gage works pretty light. His worked punches actually kind of stink. I’ve seen him live a bunch this year, and he it’s like he takes care of his opponent until the plunder comes out. Then all bets are off.

PCO works way more stiff in general, with hard chops and clubbering forearms.

He does a ton of brawling through the crowd at AIW shows but now that you mention it, none of its especially stiff unless he pulls a table out. The big dangerous spots have all been Matt Justice climbing and then diving off a wall or something.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I can't even remember the finishes of most of AIW's JLIT night one (twelve matches is so many) but it ended with Joey Janela promising Marty Janetty that he's gonna raise money to get Marty's wrecked ankle fixed. I like Janela.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Chris Brookes too.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

VJeff posted:

Thinking about it a little more, it'll be a really great match I'm sure, but it's actually a match NJPW could book pretty easily, just by having Scurll start punching above his weight class, like Devitt did once (which might already be happening, he seems to be setting up a feud with Tanahashi?).

I kinda wish Okada could be wrestling somebody that's not from NJPW, the more I think about it. What about Okada vs. Penta? That woulda been pretty cool.

...is Riddle announced? I think I've been taking it for granted that he is but now that I think about it I dunno.

Okada/Penta would kick rear end. He's doing a couple shows for CMLL now too, so there's a chance we'd see him around New Japan in the future. I really wish they'd done that actually.

The Jr. Heavyweight division is interesting right now because it feels like there's about six guys who could conceivably go for the NEVER title. I think Marty is on that list, even though I don't like him much.

Riddle isn't on it as far as I know. Janela is, you might be thinking about him.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Better than the latest promotion to bankrupt itself near me, which decided Eric Bischoff was worth ending their business.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Phenix Rising posted:

I love how weirded out Tony is by all of Joey Ryan's dick-based everything in his match with MJF. He sounds like he's having fun but can't figure out how to call it in a professional way while Striker makes puns and innuendos. Striker is mostly grating but I liked him in that match because of the dynamic between the two.

Mostly unrelated but I'm extremely glad MJF is getting booked in so many places this year, especially for someone so young/new. He's really great at what he does, I always have fun watching him.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Gage matches are all basically no DQ. I don't think I've ever seen one happen.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Best Friends and Besties are different tag teams.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Best Friends have just been announced for All In. I think everyone's assumed they'd be there, but they were probably waiting to get the all clear on Greg's busted arms.

They got a zero effort graphic that one of the Bucks probably made on his phone, which is I guess what you get for trying to throw away the IWGP tag titles.
https://twitter.com/ALL_IN_2018/status/1025125847152218112?s=19

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

The other All In matches announced today, besides Amell/Daniels, are SCU/Briscoes and a 15-person battle royale (revealed so far: Rocky Romero, Colt Cabana, Jordynne Grace, Moose, Ethan Page).

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Pinwiz11 posted:

Him v Pentagon will take care of that, I assume that's what will happen.

Watch it be him and Pentagon vs the Best Friends.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

TV Zombie posted:

I think that Daniels' veteran presence would be able to carry Amell to a better match than Marty. I wonder if Best Friends would be used in that rumble or whether they are having a tag match on the show. Using them in a rumble would seem like a waste in some ways.

When they were doing the "oh we forgot you guys were coming" thing on twitter Cody said that they had a match but might not like it, which makes me suspect they've actually got something cool.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

One, does he wrestle in jeans and a t-shirt? Because it looks like he does and I genuinely love that.

Two, do you think they booked him solely off last night cause I've never heard of this guy before then.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

It helps that while EC3 looks like an 80s action hero most of the time, MJF looks like you compressed a high school lacrosse team into one guy.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Is Brookes hurt? It seems like it's rarer for both CCK guys to be uninjured than not lately.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Ah poo poo I guess I've got to start going back to AIW shows in November. It's been a couple months. I guess Tim Donst is a champion there now though and I always like seeing him.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Basic Chunnel posted:

He seems like a shorter and more jacked Baron Corbin to me.

Isn't that Austin Aries

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Well, they did the only thing that could get me to care about that show.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

So many other better options. Stokely Hathaway Presents Bloodsport was right there for the taking.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

AIW is running LA Park vs Nick Gage for their Hell on Earth show this month. Should be exactly what that sounds like, I'll probably start going back to AIW for it.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I think it's just on Smart Mark right now, they haven't had anything on Powerbomb since last June. It's kind of a flaw with them lately.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

There's a bunch of smaller venues around Cleveland that are really excited to run wrestling lately, and their new Akron venue has been going great, but they're definitely running low on 500-seat places in Cleveland. Maybe St. Ignatius would let them? I think the first match I ever saw was during a summer program there, between Ray Rowe and The Duke.

Columbus would be a pretty bold move that I think would be likely to pay off, but I don't know if Thorne would be willing to try.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I was at JLIT, there's a lot of good matches on that. Andrew Everett vs Jody Fleish is probably worth the price alone, and I'd honestly recommend it to anyone who's interested in AIW. The particulars of how the promotion works these days means there's a ton of very talented guys you don't really see elsewhere - most of their students are really good for their level, great at character work, or both.

I have some complaints about the sort of names Thorne likes booking (It was painful to see Marty Janetty wrestle Joey Janela, I don't want to see a barely functional Little Guido hobble around) but a lot of the homegrown talent is really very good.

Draxion fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Nov 18, 2018

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I suspect not many of you ever got a chance to see Magnum CK wrestle (I know there's a couple other people who follow AIW, and he was working smaller indies surrounding Ohio as well) but he's retiring Friday due to persistent injuries. He and his stable were one of the most memorable parts of the first indie show I ever went to, and I'm sad to see him go.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

It's him and Frankie Flynn vs Tre Lamar and Chase Oliver for the tag titles. I'd assume they're dropping, but I could see them freebirding the titles to another Production guy and maybe giving him a bigger singles send-off.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Probably pretty tricky to get pinned when you don't have shoulders.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

It's in this week's Observer, near the top. Fight Club Pro has pulled Trent Seven off their January show at Korakuen, as well as Tyler Bate, Pete Dunne, Jordan Devlin, and Travis Banks.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

He showed up to the the show they booked him on in July, at least.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

That makes the how more clear but not the why

The first wrestling match I ever saw was at a catholic high school, maybe it's just a thing they do. Admittedly it wasn't an insane indie megacard and was instead 2008 Ray Rowe vs a man called The Duke, but still.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Mancer is great to see live but I don't know that he translates to video. Or at least, the type of video from smaller indies, he might be fun on MLW.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I think maybe nobody should be doing those unless they're Finn Balor.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

They should do all their title matches like this.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

His hype is that he's got really weird charisma, is one of the big early-ish 2000s indie deathmatch guys who's still going, and MDK is fun to yell.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I saw RSP as a whiskey baron who tormented the other wrestlers on the show with the help of crooked cop Dick Justice before being brought down by the valiant "Orange" Julius Cassidy once so I think he's good actually.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

AIW's Hell on Earth 14 from November has you covered.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

https://www.fite.tv/watch/the-collective/2oi3i/

This one may be the actual version, it's $100 and is the 11 Collective shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Phenix Rising posted:

Did Tracy Williams get signed somewhere and I missed it? Posting lots of sad goodbye tweets and Wheeler Yuta pumped out this gem:

https://twitter.com/WheelerYuta/status/1100058037321109505?s=19

He's been signed to ROH and he's just wrapped up his last "drop your titles" run on the indies.