Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Zema Ion hasn't done anything stupid on social media for 2 years, so he's ok again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

RealFoxy posted:

IWA Mid-south doesn't have a single star anymore. CM Punk was the biggest ever IWAMS star and he got his rear end handed to him tonight

their regular draws are Gresham and Tremont. IWA hasn't done enough business this last decade to really cement their own exclusive guys.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Harry Smith not entirely sure how he got here.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TheCool69 posted:

Who is that witch lady? Is her gimmick that she is a...witch??

I thought she was british.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Basic Chunnel posted:

Am I to understand that AR Fox's gimmick is "head bumps"

and copious amounts of weeeeed :420:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

tried to make it through the match but that commentary sounds like a hammer to my sinuses.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

you'd think the photoshop guy would fix Hoot's eye, jeez.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chris James 2 posted:

Yep, Del Rio just pulled out

To the surprise of no one.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

hold up, Paul London is alive and able to travel internationally?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

how much to kiss them? they are adorable.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

so I guess the new Vince Russo booked fed lost their Roku TV slot before ever going to air?

https://twitter.com/THERockyMtnPro

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Basic Chunnel posted:

I'd never received any hint that there was any pro wrestling in Denver, the promoters apparently don't have the fortitude (or the sense) to hock outside a WWE show or something.

All for the best, though. I'm not yet sad enough to attend a no-name local indie in a dead territory.

Shindies are super fun tho. The regular fans are weird as gently caress, the regular wrestlers clearly don't give a poo poo and might drop an indie darling on his neck for a cheap pop.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I like Ethan Page but he's not growing into the main event spot quickly enough. That hangman gimmick is pretty tight tho.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oatgan posted:

i dont like ethan page because he is tremendously unfunny

thats adam page

well gently caress Gabe for getting the lesser Page.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

is the NWA title still a bought title or have they stopped doing that?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Basic Chunnel posted:

I'm approaching it like any other startup, ie a long shot over the long haul. I'm not expecting an amalgamation of cult promotions with short-term cash boosts to sustain momentum as essentially a federation of feds, when they each put on shows on, what, a monthly basis? There would be such a glut of exhibition wrestling. If ROH could get the shot in the arm from this that it's needed for years (and they got a better booker c: ) then they'd have a real product that could break out of the enthusiast market. Regular cult pro wrestling plus coverage of all the sports that most people don't see outside of the Olympics sounds like a shaky proposition.

Once I see the actual line up, I'll make my decision. Right now I'm pretty much paying cable prices on the amount of streaming action I've got going:
-WWE Network
-NJPWWorld
-Stardom(the pajama party interviews are really interesting, ok??)
-NWA Classics
-Progress

so if I could get a service that bundles those+others for around $60/mo mark, I'm ahead.

Right now, there's a dearth of information and it mostly looks like hearsay. I know that Flo is desperately looking for NOC tech to handle the technical parts of their streaming stuff. That's a bad sign.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bard Maddox posted:

what the hell

he's kinda poo poo. All his big matches in ROH were just him doing moves off the Dynamite Kid rolodex. And now that him and Eddie have matching stupid tattoos, its best they fall into TNA's black hole of debt and basement tier TV stations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rovert posted:

Prazak seems to have checked out of SHIMMER mentally for the large part. The last two years fans privately wondered if the next taping is the last. The booking is decidedly different corroborating the rumours he doesn't have that much to do with it anymore. Also the promotion fulfilled it's mission as serious women's Wrestling is everywhere you turn now. Last year Prazak said his exit strategy was to sell his tape library to WWE.

I know SHIMMER and it's fans have perception problems but some of the absolute best indie matches have come from there.

SHIMMER's model really doesn't need loving with, really. They're at the sweet spot of effort vs profit. Same deal with PWG.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Flo's not getting Beyond's back catalog. This is just new events.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kid Kash got punched up.

https://twitter.com/FloCombat/status/795104351442321410?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

sportsgenius86 posted:

Tommy End wrestles Tony Nese on Saturday and Tracy Williams on Sunday and they're both dark matches which will not be on the stream.

I'm still trying to figure out why WWE really gives a gently caress that 6000 nerds watching Tommy do a couple of safe goodbye matches for a business partner needs to be a dark match.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I thought the whole Trent Acid Cup thing got nixxed when Acid's family said they weren't informed.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

RealFoxy posted:

I can't wait for next world champion, Gran Akuma

in terms of tiny kick men, Akuma had the best attitude and I'm surprised he's not at the performance center.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

during the first few shows, the dg guys were getting banged up and akuma was viewed, by them, as at fault.

one story is that they saw he was keeping knee braces under his pads and that freaked them out. didn't want to get messed up by a guy that they viewed as unsafe. dg runs one of the most strenuous schedules and they were sending over their top guys and have had bad experiences (roddy nearly paralyzing naruki doi) so they were incredibly skittish about what us talent was stiff or not. this happened before akuma's fallout with chikara and he mentioned it somewhere as a reason he was scaling back as he was a huge michinoku pro/toryumon fan and it was disappointing to him.

Which is funny because of all the times gaijin on DG JPN tours got hosed up.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

please use Matt Cage more. I like to look at his butt.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I was watching the show, Joey made his stupid comment during a time killer segment while they were taking the ring ropes down. Crowd booed him as soon as he got on the mic. Audible groan when he did that. Especially since he framed it with "FloSlam told me not to make political jokes..." Dude fired himself. What a fuckin dummy.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gabe's gotta be double pissed now.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Striker not announcing wrestling is a funny chill dude.
Striker announcing wrestling is a trashfire.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

mariooncrack posted:

Might be a reference to go the promo he did for the Roh vs czw feud where he threatened Zandig with a Louisville slugger.

no. OVW had several documented instances where someone hosed something up in-ring and Cornette went back into the abandoned area of the arena and beat the poo poo out of stuff with a baseball bat. Then would go lecture the fuckerupper with bat in hand. Jim's told this story on his podcast a few times.

I hope Cornette takes a baseball bat to Joey Styles. Simply because he's on Josh Mathews or Matt Striker level commentary.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

When he was calling ECW's shitshow, he was a solid fit. But once you get him away from that smoke poo poo out of lightbulbs crowd, his ability to communicate is limited. I thought he did well during his WWE run simply because he paid attention to the action(neither JR/King/JBL/Cole/whoever were that interested at that point).

What I'm saying is Joey might be able to get away with ruining IWA-MS's shows and not have any effect on their bottom line. Even CZW wouldn't let him have a live mic.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Nick Gage needs to go to jail more often because everytime he gets out, its like loving christmas.

E: "I told GABE to fire me!" yeah I don't think he needed much prompting on that one, champ.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oatgan posted:

https://m.facebook.com/mickieljames/posts/1640214492670850

"you CAN NOT fire an independent contractor" is my one big takeaway here

my big takeaway is Mickie's been hit over the dang head too much. Paragraphs, ma'am, we use them in the adult world.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TV Zombie posted:

Kinda curious to see how Hero and Taylor would do, doing commentary together.

I think they called a few matches for Chikara. Fun but, not really additive to the match tho.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

"I spent 10 years of my life being called a whore and I thought that was just FINE"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

as much I think Gabe is a whiny manbaby, he is 100% justified and correct in his dealings here.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MrBling posted:

I don't really know the first thing about CZW backstage stuff, but DJ Hyde seemed pretty normal for a wrestling promoter.

The actual doc it self didn't really go into too much depth but I get that it wasn't the point of it either.

when DJ took over for Zandig, he saved a dying company. Zandig managed to piss off everyone including their foreign excursion partners. This was around the time BJW decided to work with Chikara instead of CZW, in possibly one of the weirdest Tag World Grand Prix shows ever.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

its bullshit Gabe is too cowardly to book a deathmatch fed.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Suplex Liberace posted:

Maybe deathmatch will be one of the styles?

Orpheum's too small for flying glass

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oatgan posted:

excited for Matt Riddle to defend the WWN Championship against Luscious Latasha in SHINE

SHINE booking would have Latasha go over Riddle by countout when SoCal Val lures Matt away with a big ol bag of weed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The Page Power Rankings:
Diamond(c)
1. Adam
2. Mitch
3. Ethan