Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Toxxing for Clinton even though I'm voting third party unless hell freezes over and Illinois becomes a swing state.

Instant Sunrise posted:

it was 2007 and he was in favor of legalizing pot and ending the iraq war

also that \/

It was even better than that. He opposed sending the US military to the middle east, but he supported issuing Letters of Marque and Reprisal to PMCs so they could go and hunt down Bin Laden where ever he was hiding because 9/11 was "air piracy". :allears: But of course that's complicated and insane so people just boiled it down to "He's anti-interventionist".

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

theflyingexecutive posted:

your vote is private and it's "cool" if you want to express some sort of political opinion with it. Don't advertise that you're voting third party if you really want Hillary to win though. It doesn't send a good message to people that you aren't excited to vote for Hillary and amplifying that message could negatively affect turnout and enthusiasm

I'm not delusional about the chances of a third party actually effecting anything, doubly so for one that isn't the Greens or Libertarians, so it's just a personal thing. I'm pushing hard for Hillary and actively engaging in evangelism for her with left-wing/progressive friends, especially ones who do live in swing states, just like I did for Obama even though I didn't vote for him either. I'm totally pushing the third party option with Republicans I know and encouraging them to vote Johnson though. Hypocritical? Yep. The most moral choice considering what a worldwide disaster Trump would be? Also yep.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I don't tell everyone I'm voting third party IRL, and my friends who know that I do also aren't really the ones who need convincing. :shrug:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
That Trump thread rule change is pretty funny, but not as funny as the guy who butt posted in the Third Party toxx thread.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

:pusheen:

Also, if it's literal daddy/daughter incest stuff, I don't think there's any way to unfuck the power dynamics in a parent/child situation of ANY gender pairing enough for it to not be rape beyond "They were separated at birth and never, ever found out", but that's just me.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I would go early vote, but my early voting place is like 20+ miles away and my election day voting place is about 2-3 miles away and :effort:. I'm definitely gonna vote for abeula instead of third party(I'm in a safe blue state which is why I normally do it) now because Trump's whole "I'll only accept the results if I win" bullshit is terrifying and he needs his face ground in the dust as hard as possible.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Work just posted my schedule for the week of the 6th. I have the 8th AND the 9th off. :getin: Any suggestions for celebratory drinks when Iron Abeula wins? I'm thinking of going with my usual Revolution Brewing Eugene, but maybe spicing things up would be good.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

trapped mouse posted:

remember to help out with your local GOTV effort before getting hammered. or during. i don't really care

Farm town in the middle of nowhere, I don't think there's any real GOTV infrastructure for either party.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Good Citizen posted:

Are you talking about the October thread? Because, y'know...

No, the mods went "actually moderating poo poo is hard" and closed the November thread down.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Jeedy Jay posted:

What was the breaking point?

People calling them out on probating black posters for longer periods over smaller infractions than white posters.

In other news, I decided that even if there's no organized GOTV out here, I'm offering rides to the polls for all my friends/their families if they can't make it themselves since I have the day off. :911: They can gently caress off if they're just too lazy to drive though, I ain't made of gas money.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

stone cold posted:

Boy, what's he gonna do when he has to quit twitter forever?

Join Rush Limbaugh in Costa Rica.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

stone cold posted:

:gonk:

Personally, I'm hoping for heart explosions like Breitbart.

You're thinking of the wrong Limbaugh incident. Limbaugh promised to move to Costa Rica if Obamacare passed, and then proceeded to not do so.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Asimo posted:

The meltdowns and denials of reality already happening in the Trump toxx thread are hilarious. In less than a day Boosted will be gone forever. :toot:

RIP Boosted, not even Reddit wants him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
My ban may signal the end of the body of the BB Crew, but it will not end its spirit.

• Locked thread