Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx
:toxx:ing for Hillary

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

Sinistral posted:

Basically election night is going to be this but drinking Republican tears out of Donald Trump's skull.

With 300+ EVs and a shattered GOP at her feet, she will enter the Presidency with a near mandate from the American people.

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

smg77 posted:

And impeachment proceedings will begin before she removes her hand from the bible. :shobon:

Inevitably resulting in her acquittal, and a landslide midterm Election ensuring the nail in the coffin of the GOP.

Requiescat en pace Republican Party.

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

Majorian posted:

I'd be fine with a gay or bisexual man, or a FtM. That would be fun. God would it make the Republicans so loving mad.

Fox Ironic, Bisexual Jewish, occasionally cross-dressing Syndaclist for President.

My campaign platform includes UHC, a Moonbase, Guaranteed Basic Income and transition to a crypto currency based Dollar.

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

Gyges posted:

This is what is going to happen.

Hillary is going to win, and she's going to probably be a little above average as a president. She will however give us a liberal leaning Supreme Court for at least a generation.

While that is happening the GOP will once again do a post election autopsy, the results of which will indicate that maybe they could be less racist and bring in some minority and younger voters. The establishment will champion this cause.

Meanwhile, the base will be apoplectic and double down on their old white rear end in a top hat ideology. Trump will have lost not because he's a clown, running in a miasma of hate that they have inculcated. It'll be because he was betrayed by the RINO establishment. They will be emboldened when in 2018 they take back the Senate and the media pretends that the country is clearly rejecting Clinton policies. It's not that Democrats are physically incapable of turning out in off year elections.

In 2020 the Republicans will nominate some jagoff like Tom Cotton as their standard bearer. He will likely be destroyed in the general election.

While the Republican party is getting more and more conservative, repelling any real attempts to expand the party, the Democrats will be getting more liberal. This will continue until another party realignment happens because the dessicated corpse of the modern GOP can no longer sustain itself. Once the parties begin realigning, the the Republicans will have another shot at the Presidency. Or, if Hillary is caught with an intern in 2019, that might make a difference.

This, with some minor tweaks.

I think the GOP will try to pivot towards a socially moderate (at least domestically), pseudo-nationalist policy platform for 2020. Basically try to do a non-protectionist Trump-lite thing, probably by running an Independent turned Republican as an insurgent standard bearer. It'll still fail since, like, 30% of Trump's appeal is the combination of protectionism and anti-Latin American sentiment.

2024 will be the major realignment, with a young Technocratic Nationalist outsider winning the nomination with support from the Koch brothers. Probably a Venture Capitalist Silicon Valley type who can draw the youth into a New Republican Coalition of Libertarians, Nationalists, Blue Collar Workers and Technocrats with tacit support from the Social Conservatives because they'll probably drone on about States Rights a bunch.

Edit: they could even put an atheist in on the ticket, especially if they're a psuedo-Christopher Hitchens type that hammers exclusively on Muslims.

Fox Ironic has issued a correction as of 22:18 on May 21, 2016

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

Mirthless posted:

Also worth noting that muslims were a pretty reliable Republican demographic up until September 10th, 2001

Even a while past that, too. George W Bush was pretty careful to not associate the majority of Muslims with a small, violent minority in his public addresses. The rest of the GOP screwed the pooch on that one though.

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

Zeroisanumber posted:

I'll :toxx: for Hillary because I believe that she hates the pack of cocksuckers who run the GOP as much as I do, and I don't think that she'll get stomped over and over looking for a non-existent bipartisan dream like Obama did.

DolphinCop posted:

i feel good about being on the right side of history

Ghetto Prince posted:

I toxxed for Obama because I believe in him; I'll :toxx: for Hillary because I believe she can gently caress people up. Seriously, that women has been attacked by these punks for longer than I've been alive and I can't wait to see what she does when the shoe is on the other foot.

Basically these are the reasons I toxxed for Hilldawg.

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

computer parts posted:

Important to note that she doesn't believe in a universal $12 minimum wage. Rather, she believes that the minimum wage should be regionally weighted, and that minimum should be $12.

Yeah, pretty standard compromise in place which was put in place by my state (Oregon), to be fully implemented by 2020 : $12.50 in rural areas, $13.50 in transitional areas and smaller cities, $14.75 in major cities (Portland, and possibly Eugene-Springfield if current growth estimates hold).

It's an experiment to influenc the growth of smaller cities and keep cities like Portland from gentrifying too hard.

Edit: It's actually by 2022

Fox Ironic has issued a correction as of 02:22 on Jun 10, 2016

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx
gently caress it:

Perma:toxx: for :abuela:

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx
Has a single Trump fellating member of Boosted's little cult of personality perma-toxxed for their Daddy yet?

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

Wanamingo posted:

gently caress it, I'll hop on the perma-:toxx: train

Are people in the Trump thread doing this yet? If not, I'm sure they would if they knew that we are.

They know and they haven't.

Cowards.

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

Gyges posted:

The only way that Hillary can end up not being the President Elect come November and we still don't get banned is if whoever wins changes their name to Hillary Clinton and we successfully rules lawyer the issue.

OP says that if Bernie manages to ursurp Hillary's nomination, we're off the hook.

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx
So when do we get the gang tag? I perma-toxxed for Hillary!

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

Blizz Pizz Love Us posted:

So thread, which do you expect is likely to happen first? Will Trump
A. Call :abuela: a oval office near a live mic
or
B. Offer some Pat Buchanan-esque praise for Hitler?

Cuntghazi

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx
:bernout:

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

Gyges posted:

If you're going to hold someone's political affiliation when they were a teenager against them you can just gently caress right off, because that it's just idiotic.

Yeah, I was a anarcho-capatalist from 15 until I was 17 then an anarcho-communist from 17 to 19.

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

Al! posted:

Yeah, syndicalism or primitivism just make more sense

Yeah, at this point I'd consider myself a Syndicalist considering that economically I'm fairly center left (in comparison to the world, not the US alone) but I have a huge hard-on for Left-Libertarian ideals.

Not a big fan of Primitivism though.

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

Gyges posted:

Hillary Clinton is a very left wing person by American standards who took from her struggles in Arkansas and Washington that the best way to get things done was through incrementalism. Remember that Hillary and Bill came into office and tried to get gays the ability to openly serve in the military and pass universal health care. The resulting backlash got them as far as Don't Ask Don't Tell and stuck them with DOMA, while comprehensive health care reform was shelved for another 16 years. It's also what lead to the Clintons going along with Welfare Reform. Meanwhile she found that she could get bits and pieces of her original health care plan through congress in a piecemeal fashion. She found that this method of getting drips and drabs of her true agenda passed worked much better than pushing it all at once. Meanwhile she stayed on the left edge of the party as the party itself moves leftward.

You can absolutely disagree with the Clintons' actions and strategy, but there is very, very little to suggest they aren't themselves actually personally on the deep blue end of the national spectrum. So Hillary is going to get her agenda pushed as far as she thinks she can, even if it means working with a Republican here or there. Because she realizes that they're not a monolithic block of assholes and individually tend to have at least one issue where they've evolved past the political acumen of the Middle Ages. Those who can not be made useful idiots shall get the fire. Fire and Blood.

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

point of return posted:

he should get banned anyways. even if trump wins.

:agreed: with a twist:

If Clinton wins the Election, Boosted may only post in the Trump Toxx thread, or the Toxx threads of any other future Republican candidates. If he posts elsewhere, or if any alts are discovered, he gets permabamned.

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

Captain_Maclaine posted:

He also was our Trump-centric Idiot King, who famously talks big but refused (until allegedly recently) to wear his MAGA hat outside due to a combination of cowardly fears that his neighbors might react negatively and nagging from his wife. Eventually ZDR got tired of his antics and took away his trefoil, giving it instead to Baloogan on the principle that a alcoholic Canadian malcontent who spends his working days knee-deep in literal feces would be a better fit for the role than a hat-phobic Floridian chickenhawk.

Not to nitpick, but Baloogan is Canadian-American. He has dual citizenship.

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx
Just got my mail-in ballot from the state of Oregon. Going to drop it off on my way into work today.

I'm proud to be voting for :abuela:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

iospace posted:

You need to do polling stories again! Those were good.

I've got some good ones, but I need to set aside some time to type them up.

• Locked thread