Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Hello I humbly submit this shamefully late :toxx:

But uhm i voted for the Hill in 08 so I'm gonna spend my banked tokens and accept credit for doing this months ago thank you

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Bass Bottles has issued a correction as of 23:29 on Sep 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

PARTY UNITY, MY....... favorite!

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Instant Sunrise posted:

donald trump has the wrong ram, he is the xbox one of candidates

Oh for sure

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Moon Atari posted:

That 'The Choice' special made me realize that Trump's entire life has been dedicated to an elaborate performance art parody of The Fountainhead.

It made me even more afraid of the idea of him being president

I knew he was dumb, and not fit to be president, but I didn't realize that literally all of his success has come from dumb luck, scamming people, and getting bailed out by smart people, nor did I realize the catastrophic scale of his failures.

We would be SCREWED.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Instant Sunrise posted:

that's an accomplishment.

best i can say is that i got blocked by richard dawkins on twitter for calling him a racist and a dick

lmao

That dude is the worst. People like him and Julian Assange helped me to realize that the people on the news aren't necessarily any smarter than that pretentious kid from your freshmen year dorm.They probably were at one point the pretentious kid from someone's freshmen year dorm!

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Al! posted:

I really want to see conways deflection because she seems the most out of all of the surrogates to seem like a normal person who is basically extremely mercenary

She probably came up with the "locker room" line.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

Less than a month left of this party!!!

So crazy to think that in just 29 days we'll all be bannNNnaAHAHAahahaHAAAHA

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Sounds like you're looking for 85% of the front page of Politico lol

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Engineersean why don't you want to support the candidate with the most progressive platform.

You can't spell progressive without progress!!

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

EngineerSean posted:

I do but Hillary Clinton is not the candidate with the most progressive platform!

My question was dumb, let me rephrase it.

You believed in Bernie enough to donate $2700 to his campaign. That's pretty cool. Judging from that, and from the passion you display right now, in this thread!!! I have to ask:

Why do you ignore Bernie's current stance that Hillary Clinton is the only choice? Why do you think he took this stance? Why is he wrong?

And you said you were double-toxxing, so you support Trump? Why would you support the very candidate that Bernie says CANNOT become president?

And if you're voting third party, I mean, I guess I just hope you live in a state where she's going to win anyway? Because that is the only excuse for wasting a vote on a third party candidate, though in this election it still isn't a good idea.

Bernie is right that Trump cannot become president. The consequences would be extreme.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

I think a lot of it is also that Trump is (or at least WAS) so vague you can sort of project your own image of what he is on to him.

Like, forums poster the Saurus saw Trump as secretly pretty liberal. He did take some unusually progressive stances in the beginning, but then he'd take the opposite the next day. Everyone knows that Trump is a pandering liar because he's so obvious about it. I can sort of understand how someone might assume they figured out the REAL Trump. That THEY were the ones who could tell the lies apart from the truths.

I mean, in the beginning. And if they were already kinda dumb.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Discendo Vox posted:

What is this toxxing rulechange? I see discussion of it, but can't find the actual post, in the op, in the subforum rules, anywhere.

Trump thread only, not this one

Check it out lol 😂

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

why do you want to get permabanned, idgi

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

I wouldn't mind President Chuck Tingle in 2024 if Michelle doesn't run

sorry but the establishment candidate has already been chosen

it's kanye

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

If we're gonna image dream scenarios let's imagine liberals vote in the midterms

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

They should convince Trump to run in the midterms.

That would be one way to spread awareness.

If I were Hillary I'd be like "ooohhhh man, I hope Trump doesn't try for congress. That would be soooo baaaaaad!"

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

I don't think there will be serious riots or anything, but I'm starting to worry about the long-term effects.

Trump is now aggressively driving the narrative that the system is rigged. He has also created the deplorables party. It's not enough to win him this election but it's probably going to snowball into something very ugly over time.

Like, we're all cheering-on the destruction of the GOP, but sometimes the devil you know is better than the devil you don't??? The future is scary.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

The notion of things being rigged is bigger than Trump, though. People have been cynical about politics for a long time, obviously, but you can't ignore the amping-up of aggression.

It's comforting and feels like common sense to say everything will go back to normal but idk

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Bast Relief posted:

So when's she's president, what is her equivalent of "Thanks Obama" is she going to get?

I'm pushing for #HillarysAmerica

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

If tags are coming I want one, nasty woman

Bass Bottles has issued a correction as of 08:04 on Oct 20, 2016

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Yea

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

The Whole Internet posted:

I can't think of an explanation for that last part other than blatant partisan hypocrisy. I'm trying to think of a logical argument for covering one thing up and going public with the other, that actually relates to national security, but I can't think of anything.

His explanation was that he had publicly testified about the email investigation being closed multiple times, so he felt the need to be open about a change in its status.

Regardless of what you think of that explanation, I don't understand how disclosing the Russia thing would have been partisan.

Saying something like "we are investigating whether or not Trump paid Putin for his services" could be.

I guess they meant that people knowing Putin wanted Trump could influence them to not want to vote for him because of their negative opinions of Putin? I dunno. I guess that's debatable.

But these two issues compared side-by-side do not feel balanced to me.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Let them. America's first grandma president will welcome the frightened ones into her warm embrace on November 9th.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Amnesty for permatoxxers who stood up against a literal rapist imo

Or at least the ones who donated to RAINN

Edit: I didn't permatoxx btw

Bass Bottles has issued a correction as of 07:36 on Nov 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006