Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
i went to iceland to fart in the blue lagoon. i took some pics around the golden circle, too.

keflavik coastline

tough as gently caress keflavik cat

crag giant's dick

big ol crater

gullfoss

north american plate up high on the left. europe to the right.

reykjavik is also pretty sweet to get drunk in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joke_explainer
Dec 28, 2011

scott zoloft posted:

big ol crater

reykjavik is also pretty sweet to get drunk in.

hey I also went to Iceland like a week ago

also I took a picture of all that other stuff

how do you even get drunk in reykjavik, even beers are like 10-12 dollars

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
sweet!

my buddy and i stayed in a place on laugavegur which seemed like a pretty happening street. and yeah eating and drinking were hella expensive. our last night we ended up getting drinks bought for us and the bartender was giving us drinks to keep us talking and laughing.

what tour did you do?

joke_explainer
Dec 28, 2011

We were at the reykjavik downtown hostel on Vesturgata. But most of the time we were out on our own in a rented camper van. Went to the golden circle and golfoss/geysir etc, then Þingvellir, then to Borgarnes and went off through Snæfellsbær peninsula camping at Hellissandur, going to Stykkishólmur and doing the sea tour thing with the eating fresh scallops and all, then eventually working our way back to Reykjavik. It was an amazing trip. The number of tourists seems to be drastically increasing though, which is great for Iceland but I've heard they are worried about their infrastructure straining to keep up.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
A camper would've been a good idea. We didn't get a car or anything. Just took buses when we needed to and walked around. I would've liked to have seen more of the countryside and maybe get on a boat or some poo poo. Sounds sweet.

That's definitely the case with iceland's tourism. everyone I talked to seemed pretty open about how they need to take advantage of the tourist boom.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
My friends and I got drunk in Reykjavik on a tuesday and the locals all thought we were weird. We then left and drove round the ring road for 7 days. It was very cool. Have some pictures I took.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
I'm thumbing through your pics, aphex, and they make me want to go back and take a look at the full main loop. very nice pictures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Thanks man. It's such an easy place to take pictures, everything looks loving amazing.

I highly recommend doing the full loop. You can do it in your own time and stop where you want. We did it in a week but it would have been better with I'd say two weeks. Our route was Reykjavik > Akureyri > Lake Mývatn (really really awesome place) > Höfn > Vik > Golden Circle > Reykjavik. Lots of stops on the way between those places to check out waterfalls and stuff.

• Locked thread