Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Hey, y'all. You have some strong opinions. Let's have some fun and benefit some charitable organizations at the same time.

:siren: Rules: :siren:
1. To comment in this thread please have skin in the game. If you want to post once or twice but don't see something you want to take -just yet- that's fine, but if you have 25 posts in this thread and no skin I'm gonna call you a douche.
2. Winner names charity and the loser has to pay and post proof within 3 weeks of a confirmed loss. Please don't make a bet that takes more than a year, the point is to get some charities some money.
3. The $ amount is :10bux: unless both parties agree after the bet is agreed to. Do this via PMs if possible and please don't pressure people to go up if they say no.
4. If the winner disappears and doesn't post a charity within three weeks the loser picks and the obligation remains.
5. The proposer gets to decide whether they want to take additional takers. First quote takes it otherwise.
6. Don't pick a charity to spite the loser, don't pick a charity that will get the loser watchlisted. Isis doesn't need any more money.

To post a bet give conditions that can be academically established, set end date and explain the bet to make it as inclusive as possible. I've posted examples below (These are live, you can take them).

:10bux: Bet :10bux: : Cody Core (Bengals 6th round pick out of Old Miss) will make the Bengals roster and post at least 15 catches by the end of the season.
Why he won't: He's buried on the depth chart and is a question to even make the roster. Marv hates playing rookies outside of special teams.
Why he will: He's a good special teams player and so if he's on the roster he will be active. Dalton spreads the ball so I think he gets targeted if he plays.

:10bux: Bet :10bux: : DeShawn Williams is on the final 53 for Cincinnati week one.
Why he won't: Injuries, DT depth, He's probably #5 on the depth chart right now.
Why he will: He flashed last preseason and Marv favors players that have been in his system for over a year.

:10bux: Bet :10bux: Denver loses the season opener to Carolina by 7 or more.

To take a bet quote it and say dibs or something along those lines. IE:

eifert posting posted:

:10bux: Bet :10bux: : Herp derple adoop boop gently caress the Steelers.
Dibs.

Have fun y'all, and please don't be a douche about paying up. If times are tight don't take 50 bets.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Sep 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Total amount Donated: $10
http://www.hopeforthewarriors.org/

Completed Bets:

"Eifert Posting posted:

Taken by TurboFlamingChicken and won by TurboFlamingChicken

Record:
TurboFlamingChicken: 1 - 0
Eifert Posting: 0 - 1

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Sep 12, 2016

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

Eifert Posting posted:

Dibs.

Even with sub-par QB play Denver will make it close defensively. Hell it worked in the Super Bowl

:10bux: Paxton Lynch starts at least two games this season. :10bux:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
:10bux: Bet :10bux: Josh Gordon will be eligible to play week 5. (If he is injured but not suspended I win, but if he is suspended or not on a NFL roster you win)

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
:10bux: Bet :10bux: Will take the over for Raider's wins @ 9.5 if anyone wants to take the under.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Hell yeah son we doing this. Get your checkbook out (in like 5 hours)

Edit: if no one takes the 9.5 Raiders one by Sat night I'm in on it.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
:10bux: the winner of the NFC East will win their playoff game :10bux:

Note: We both have to donate if the game is somehow NFC East vs NFC East

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MrLogan posted:

:10bux: Bet :10bux: Will take the over for Raider's wins @ 9.5 if anyone wants to take the under.

Dibs

TurboFlamingChicken give me a charity to donate to.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

Eifert Posting posted:

Dibs

TurboFlamingChicken give me a charity to donate to.

My bad, busy rear end weekend. For 9/11, might as well donate to vets through a good charity: http://www.hopeforthewarriors.org/

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I was going to make it in your name, TFC, but since it was "In honor of or in memoriam" it didn't seem appropriate. Rest assured it's because you're smarter than me at footbaw.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
:10bux: The Ravens will not have over seven wins at the end of the season. :10bux:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Eifert Posting posted:

:10bux: The Ravens will not have over seven wins at the end of the season. :10bux:

:10bux: It'll be close but we make it to 8-8.

• Locked thread