Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeuhl
Dec 15, 2009

hand is free
I've been waiting to get this since it was announced in January(so was ffix and both took forever to come out)

You get $3.xx dollars off if you have PS+, its a great game(probably)

In the wild arms series you typically get to play as each of the main characters individually before they meet up. In 3, they all meet on the same train to get some sweet cargo!

Before anyone asks, its good. Everyone gets a magic gun

Anyone have a preference of favorite Wild Arms game? I want to go back and revisit 1 and 2, but they play kind of slow without some kind of turbo speed.

The dungeons being more 2D-Zelda-like make it so you get the package of jrpg + good dungeons, making it feel more complete than a shoddy jrpg that has bog boring dungeons that just exist as padding

Zeuhl fucked around with this message at 18:09 on May 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I don't know why they don't have a whole team of people just optimizing and pumping out PS2onPS4 titles because there's so much poo poo that I would drop $10 if it were actually available.

Zeuhl
Dec 15, 2009

hand is free

Bill Barber posted:

I don't know why they don't have a whole team of people just optimizing and pumping out PS2onPS4 titles because there's so much poo poo that I would drop $10 if it were actually available.

Yes its stupid as all hell! This game in particular is tricky to emulate so I was waiting for this as soon as I heard the announcement, however I would put more money down on these simply for the convenience factor and stuff like ps4's sleep mode. There's still only a dozen or so ps2 games available, when the ps4 has been out for this long?

Its like sony looked at how fast Nintendo did virtual console stuff post Wii U and really wanted to do what Nintendoes

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Like the remake of 1 the best, 2 is also very good. Did they make a 4? Never tried that one. Always liked WA better than ff7.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The games are just running in an emulator right? I need legacy of kain:defiance asap

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They are but since they're actually commercial products they have to do a bunch of testing instead of just ripping an Iso and saying "seed plz"

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
They did a remake of 1

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I would love the DMC series on here, and a bunch of PS2 stuff that's really expensive on disc these days bc I have a PS2 but don't really like spending more than 10 to 15 bucks on a disc

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

My favorite part about 2 is absolutely owning everyone with your dark knight form. 1 really takes off as soon as you get some vehicles to move around the planet with. What's the mouse's name again?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i'm gonna buy ths again when i get home, ty for remindng me op

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Kazvall posted:

Like the remake of 1 the best, 2 is also very good. Did they make a 4? Never tried that one. Always liked WA better than ff7.

There's a 4 and 5 on PS2 and an SRPG spinoff on PSP. Never played any of the WA games, is 3 a good one to start on?

Zeuhl
Dec 15, 2009

hand is free

Pablo Gigante posted:

There's a 4 and 5 on PS2 and an SRPG spinoff on PSP. Never played any of the WA games, is 3 a good one to start on?

I think 3 is probably a good one to start with, it has a little of the flavor of the old ones but you won't get hung up on dated mechanics and slow frequent random battles with kinda long animations.

in 3 you have a bar that fills up in dungeons that you can spend to stop a random encounter before it happens. You refill the bar by collecting little gems in the dungeon. It gives you just enough control over the random encounters

It is also a staple in this series for each character to have their own dungeon-puzzle solving tool, eventually you have to make use of all of them and its great

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Three was the one where all the characters meet in a standoff right?

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

I can't be the only one who thinks of AT every time they see the title of this game.

Edit:

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Thanks op I grabbed this and it's pretty fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

played ths last night, liked it a lot. ffeels like its halfway between lufia nd a level 5 game, theres a bunch of systems to play arond with and its eems like you can do a lot of exploring nd loving around. nnot sure how deep any of the systems are but im digging it so far

• Locked thread