Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

thought about this today, that even though I play a lot of games I've never really mastered any to an impressive degree. the closest I've come is running speedier clears of Metroid games using sequence breaks and glitches but even those take me a lot of attempts. and even though I've played 500 hours of souls games I still die all the time because I play without any sense of caution.

is anybody here really really loving good at one game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm really, really good at Bushido Blade

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I used to be really good at counter-strike but that was when I was like 12 & I played it 8 hours a day

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
when starcraft 2 first came out I was really good at it but I got tired of it pretty quickly and stopped playing. for as much as I played bloodborne I should have been good but I still died to orphan of kos a poo poo ton on like every character

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

praobably super metroid, i've probably beaten it 20 or 30 times, incl uding some gimmick runs (no ice beam or grapple beam). stalled out lik e halfway through a reverse boss order run now, norfair wth no varia suit's hard as gently caress lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I used to be really good at Street Fighter III: Third Strike with Makoto years ago, it was the only time I was really any good at a fighting game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

praobably super metroid, i've probably beaten it 20 or 30 times, incl uding some gimmick runs (no ice beam or grapple beam). stalled out lik e halfway through a reverse boss order run now, norfair wth no varia suit's hard as gently caress lmao

Yeah zero mission is the only game I've done where I've completed it in a gimmick run, low% hard mode which was a nightmare but insanely satisfying to beat

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I played Deus Ex: Human Revolution a ton and got really good at it. I ended up doing it without augs or items at all.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Yeah zero mission is the only game I've done where I've completed it in a gimmick run, low% hard mode which was a nightmare but insanely satisfying to beat

jesus yeah tht sounds rough. gimmick metroid runs are real cool, id id a low% metroid prime run once on normal nd it was insane tense by th end, i felt like a fuckin prince when i finished

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I thought 100% hard was actually harder because the ultra version of meta Ridley has like 5x as much health and can one shot you anyway

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i play most games i like until im really good at them. but im best at racing sims, i was a top 100 worldwide player in GT6 seasonal events (they used to get 200k+ people posting times for them), and im top of a fair few leaderboards for project cars on the ps4. my quick match race win ratio in GT6 was about 86%, and they were public races (crashfests) with random grid orders.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i could probably go to agdq with how i run donkey kong country 2, and way back in the day i was super good at TF2

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I'm Gold Nova II in CS:GO, so yeah, I'm kind of a big deal.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Animal Crossing

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

frank.club posted:

Animal Crossing

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
When I was 10 or whatever I got to the point where I could breeze through Yoshi's Island without any difficulty from playing through it so much, not a super challenging game, but probably the best I've ever been at one game. Also maybe my favorite game ever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

When I was 10 or whatever I got to the point where I could breeze through Yoshi's Island without any difficulty from playing through it so much, not a super challenging game, but probably the best I've ever been at one game. Also maybe my favorite game ever

That's me with super Mario world. Not like speedrun levels or anything, but I picked it up on the eshop last year for the first time in a decade and remembered nearly every jump, it was kinda scary lol

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Super Monaco GP and Final Lap for the arcade. They are basically the only games I'm really good at.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I'm pretty drat good at Super Mario World, I've played it so much since I was a kid

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I was an absolute beast at making stuff on the Game Boy Camera

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

:worship:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I also used to be insanely good at Minesweeper lol

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HolePisser1982 posted:

I was unstoppable on the hurdles

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Call of Duty Black Ops III.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Castlevania Order of Ecclesia is the one game I can say that I've truly mastered.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

Everyone knows I'm the best at it here. Please don't troll.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Unbeatable at Crash Team Racing and I used to score highly at DriveClub though I have played that in a while.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

Castlevania Order of Ecclesia is the one game I can say that I've truly mastered.

ive seen your youtube videos and you master everything. you are an insanely good gamer

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I may be the best in the world at OoE.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

Me too... [nervously tugs at shirt collar and starts sweating as the sound of 3 heartbeats followed by 42 beats comes from underneath the floorboards]

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

I may be the best in the world at OoE.

I believe it. This is also the longest game in a while I am already planning to replay and try the hard challenges, etc.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pablo Gigante posted:

Me too... [nervously tugs at shirt collar and starts sweating as the sound of 3 heartbeats followed by 42 beats comes from underneath the floorboards]

lmfao

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I'm good at every game I play due to my big brain and natural gaming talent but I can pretty much beat Dark Souls 1 with my eyes closed at this point so I guess it's that

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Hatred

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I never lose at Dark SOuls PVP unless the other person is cheating by using a more powerful weapon or build than me.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

net cafe scandal posted:

I never lose at Dark SOuls PVP unless the other person is cheating by using a more powerful weapon or build than me.

This too.. Except I don't have to make excuses because I actually never lose.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
I cant think of an answer and its making me dep ressed

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I'm insanely good at dark souls. I've almost gotten through the undead burg after only 10 hours of playtime bitch

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Pokemon, because I caught them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just remembered my hundreds of hours of rock band drums. I could get perfect clears on a lot of songs on expert in rb2

• Locked thread