Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i traded Jade Cocoon 2 for Gitaroo Man on a whim when i was a kid & it's still the best decision of my life.

dmn, good trade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I also am good at rhythm games like gitaroo man, ouendan, eba, dj hero, the ps4 amplitude etc

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
top three rhythm games that i want a sequel to

3. bust-a-groove
2. gitaroo man
1. ouendan

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Bust-a-groove was the poo poo. I was good at battling in that.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
every time I shoot a helicopter out of the air with a rocket launcher or tank shell in battlefield I feel like I'm the best in the world, so probably that

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I did a run of Pikmin 2 with no pikmin deaths, so probably that.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

No Such Thing posted:

Whagt the gently caress

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

no they will not posted:

Whagt the gently caress

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fungah! posted:

dmn, good trade

good move

No Such Thing posted:

isn't this impossible?

http://pikmin.wikia.com/wiki/Zero-Death_Run this is entirely too crazy

frank.club fucked around with this message at 05:02 on May 20, 2016

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

No Such Thing posted:

pikmin are tools to be used

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

no they will not posted:

Whagt the gently caress

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

pikmin are tools to be used

they have souls

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

It might be impossible in the first one, I've only played the first one once, but it's really not that hard to do in the second, run with small groups of pikmin to make microing easier, use purples to kill and stunlock most big guys, and just keeps some sprays handy and don't be afraid to use them.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

i don't think there's any point in the first game where it forces you to kill a pikmin. but it would still be extremely hard

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i never played it but i'm a big fan of Harmonix & Ouendan/EBA

I really really liked Rock Band Blitz, first game I've gotten to the top of leaderboards on.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

no they will not posted:

Whagt the gently caress

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

net cafe scandal posted:

I intend to eb the best Overwatch player on this forum.. Hell right now I probably am.

I'm definitely better.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

thought about this today, that even though I play a lot of games I've never really mastered any to an impressive degree. the closest I've come is running speedier clears of Metroid games using sequence breaks and glitches but even those take me a lot of attempts. and even though I've played 500 hours of souls games I still die all the time because I play without any sense of caution.

is anybody here really really loving good at one game?

i got a letter c score in battle garegga [very impressive imho, wow, i'm grate at sitting on the computer and playing]

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
THPS2 probably. Maybe Burnout 2 also.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
69 secs on minesweeper expert is the best i've done that i can remember... maybe 67 seconds. So that's probably it.Other rthan that I played a lot of natural selection and was pretty good at that.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Pablo Gigante posted:

I also used to be insanely good at Minesweeper lol

Whats your best score.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lesbian baphomet posted:

i don't think there's any point in the first game where it forces you to kill a pikmin. but it would still be extremely hard

I have to imagine killing Emperor Bulbax without losing a yellow would be drat near impossible. But you could No Death Bad Ending

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I also think I'm personally the best at MGS1 and MGS3

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Mgs1 I can beat on hardest difficulty without any kills or alerts for the Big Boss rating

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

Mgs1 I can beat on hardest difficulty without any kills or alerts for the Big Boss rating

drat...

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
To be fair I've been playing it once or twice a year since 98

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Wait.. I thought that mgs1 had required kills.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

metroid: zero mission. i used to play it so much that i did multiple 100% collection runs in one sitting. i eventually got down to under 90 minutes with 100% collection rate.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zero mission is the perfect game for this style because even if you're not very good you can beat it in like 2 hours, which is an afternoon, and then from there you just keep doing it again and again. I played it all the time because we would visit family in Pennsylvania on the weekends a lot and the drive was about 2 - 3 hours and I would beat zero mission each way. Sometimes 3 times if I had a killer run.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I used to play super metroid once a month or more but I never got good enough at it to call myself great. My best any% was 0:48.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Evil Eagle posted:

Wait.. I thought that mgs1 had required kills.

It does. I mean besides that. You can only get the big boss rating for getting no kills or alerts outside of that and finishing in like 3 hours I believe

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

For Metal Gear July II I wanna see how fast I can beat the game if I use the stealth camo to run directly to each boss and then skip every cutscene and codec call.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
oh yeah im probably one of the best at mgs5 too. i realise FOBs arent an indication of skill but nontheless i was as high as rank 130 in the world at one point. im also on a few n++ leaderboards. and ive also done a final fantasy 9 minimum level run, which is extremely hard.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got top 50 on one MGSV mission but the next time I checked I slipped immensely. That was probably the best I've felt at a game in a long time though (no traced voices in record time)

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I was briefly in the top 20 players worldwide for XCOM: Enemy Unknown multiplayer in its first couple weeks of release. I played a huge amount of it on a rental and got great with the Ethereal before they patched it out.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
ZDR had like the longest headshot in the world in MGS5 I think

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i have a video where i shot a guy with a tranquiliser through a 1cm gap between the armor plates of his walker while he was strafing. it was like when Quiet shot a full clip through the moving helicopter blades

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

I liked the stat tracking in ground zeroes, a shame they didn't have it in tpp

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

i have a video where i shot a guy with a tranquiliser through a 1cm gap between the armor plates of his walker while he was strafing. it was like when Quiet shot a full clip through the moving helicopter blades

That scene was so cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

that ws a really cool series of posts. i wish phantom pain tracked that stuff

• Locked thread