Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

the belief that "working-class" is only accurate if you're in a dickensian workshop or doing blue collar work is one of the bigger myths that impedes solidarity mate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
i'm a 21st century capitalist, stealing all the surplus value created when my employee puts a hot beverage in a cup with their customer's name misspelled on it

Constant Hamprince has issued a correction as of 17:40 on Jun 30, 2016

Bloody Queef
Mar 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Homework Explainer posted:

the belief that "working-class" is only accurate if you're in a dickensian workshop or doing blue collar work is one of the bigger myths that impedes solidarity mate

Was about to post something less elegantly put than this. Thanks.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Constant Hamprince posted:

i'm a 21st century capitalist, stealing all the surplus value created when my employee puts a hot beverage in a cup with their customer's name misspelled on it

the capitalists in this scenario would be the corporate staff in seattle or the entity which provided the loan to the franchisee. you must learn relations of production my man

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I bet this fool hasn't even read Das Kapital.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

the capitalists in this scenario would be the corporate staff in seattle or the entity which provided the loan to the franchisee. you must learn relations of production my man

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

yeah i'm sure the franchise owner is right there toilin' with the worker, real cool that you guys have adopted the wall street journal model of socioeconomic classes

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

My loving manager is salaried. Salaried! Talk about your big-time capitalist fat cat am I right?

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

yeah i'm sure the franchise owner is right there toilin' with the worker, real cool that you guys have adopted the wall street journal model of socioeconomic classes

wow it's almost like there's a class which doesn't sell its own labor to survive yet also doesn't own the means of production, perhaps...perhaps a small version of a capitalist. no idea what you'd call such a person though

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

wow it's almost like there's a class which doesn't sell its own labor to survive yet also doesn't own the means of production, perhaps...perhaps a small version of a capitalist. no idea what you'd call such a person though

Well I think in french its petite. Petite...something...

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

petite bourgeoisie is still bourgeoisie, class traitor

he's a kulak! get him out of here! take his cattle!

SirJohnnyMcDonald
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx

petite bourgeoisie is still bourgeoisie, class traitor

he's a kulak! get him out of here! take his cattle!

ur a butt. a stinky butt, and a dirty butt.

but I also know you're joking so it's cool

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

*in a homework explainer* let me explain how my reading of Marx accurately classes baristas as members of the proletariate

You are really out of touch. Let me guess another Hillary supporter like 40ish percent of the electorate?

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Error 404 posted:

Well I think in french its petite. Petite...something...

:nws: petite banging chinese :nws:

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
http://www.phila.gov/philacode/html/_data/title10/CHAPTER_10_800_SAFETY/10_810_Weapons_and_Dangerous_D.html

following up on my previous post:

quote:

§10-810. Weapons and Dangerous Devices.

(1) Discharging Firearms.[158] No person shall fire or discharge recklessly and without reasonable cause any rifle, gun, pistol, or other firearm.
(2) Water Pistols, Electric Canes, and Miniature Cannon.[159]

(a) No one shall sell or offer for sale water pistols, electric canes, miniature cannon, or similar articles.[160]

(b) No one shall use water pistols, electric canes, miniature cannon or similar articles in any street or public place.

(3) Spring Guns, Air Guns and Bows and Arrows.[161]

(a) No person shall sell, offer for sale at retail, or use, or possess with intent to use, any air gun, spring gun, or any implement not a firearm which forcefully impels a pellet of any kind.

(b) No person shall sell, or offer for sale, at retail, any bow and arrow, to any person under the age of twenty-one (21) years unless the seller first obtains written evidence of parental consent to the proposed purchase by the minor.[162]

(4) Switchblade Knives.[163] No person shall sell, offer for sale or carry any knife with a blade which is released by a spring mechanism including knives known as "switchblades."

(5) Incendiary Paper. No person shall manufacture, sell, offer for sale, carry or store any incendiary paper that has been chemically treated to vanish at the touch of a flame, including paper known as "flash paper."[164]

(6) Penalties. Whoever violates any provision of this Section or Section 10-821 shall, in addition to other penalties provided, forfeit the weapon, contraband, or dangerous device giving rise to the violation of such section.[165]

(7) Confiscation. Police officers shall seize and deliver into departmental custody any air gun, air pistol, spring gun, switch blade knife, incendiary paper, contraband weapons, accessories and/or ammunition or other implement which shall be used, discharged, possessed, offered for sale or carried in violation of Section 10-810 or Section 10-821.[166]

lol

quote:

§ 10-820. Cutting Weapons in Public Places. 212
(1) Definition.
Cutting Weapon. Any knife or other cutting instrument which can be used as a weapon that has a cutting edge similar to that of a knife . No tool or instrument commonly or ordinarily used in a trade, profession or calling shall be considered a cutting weapon while actually being used in the active exercise of that trade, profession or calling.
(2) Prohibited Conduct. No person shall use or possess any cutting weapon upon the public streets or upon any public property at any time.
(3) Penalty. The penalty for violation of this Section shall be a fine of not less than three hundred (300) dollars and imprisonment of not less than ninety days.

lol again, no water guns or plastic picnic knives.

you can have pepper spray i guess, thats totally legal. or a firearm, with a concealed carry license (LTCF).

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Laphroaig posted:

http://www.phila.gov/philacode/html/_data/title10/CHAPTER_10_800_SAFETY/10_810_Weapons_and_Dangerous_D.html

lol

you can have pepper spray i guess, thats totally legal. or a firearm, with a concealed carry license (LTCF).

https://www.amazon.com/Amerex-Gallon-Water-Class-Extinguisher/dp/B00F5CJEZU

Fill with water, pressurize. Looks technically legal from that article

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
miniature cannon sounds like a lot of effort

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This is cool

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Top City Homo posted:

Fill it with pepper spray mix

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

Top City Homo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0lcaMhQolw

hehe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ6P04zbico&t=50s

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

that's cool

this thread should be about mini cannons imo

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

im pissed they didnt get a slo-mo on the beer bottle that got blowed up at the end of the first video

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I hope several people die at both conventions

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Uncle Wemus posted:

I hope several people die at both conventions

:agreed:

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Military Coup may not be the worst outcome

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Military Coup may not be the worst outcome

Meh already living under a Stasi state :shrug: military coup at least has the benefit of simplicity in showing who runs your life

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Laphroaig posted:

lol

lol what the gently caress kind of joyless shithole bans water guns

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

lol what the gently caress kind of joyless shithole bans water guns

Its really frequent

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/05/water-guns-banned-handguns-allowed-at-gop-convention/

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/politics/2015/03/31/house-bill-bans-fake-guns-not-real-guns-near-schools/70721508/

http://smartgunlaws.org/gun-laws/policy-areas/classes-of-weapons/non-powder-guns/

California
Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
District of Columbia
Florida
Illinois
Maine
Massachusetts
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New York
North Carolina
North Dakota
Oklahoma
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Dakota
Virginia
Washington
Wisconsin

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
basically at some point in the 90s we said "Its OK if cops shoot kids if it looks like the kid had a gun" so we banned everything that might look like a gun. Actual guns are protected by the 2nd amendment but since water pistols are not, they're all officially illegal on the books.

like this happened: http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Family-Says-Off-Duty-Officer-Killed-Man-Over-a-Water-Gun-92666574.html

"Family members say an off-duty Philadelphia police officer shot and killed their relative over a water gun fight Sunday evening in South Philadelphia.
A source tells NBCPhiladelphia that off-duty officer Rudolph Gary's girlfriend claimed her $600 cell phone got squirted during the water fight and that's what set off the deadly incident."

so the response was to ban water guns. like this is one example, it happened a few times.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
That's not even like "firearm look-a-like" though. Nobody's mistaking a Super Soaker for a firearm.

loving incredible

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
failing to see how it isn't stultifyingly obvious baristas are part of the modern proletariat in every sense

stephenfry has issued a correction as of 23:27 on Jul 8, 2016

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

That's not even like "firearm look-a-like" though. Nobody's mistaking a Super Soaker for a firearm.

depends entirely on the color of your skin

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot
So, baristas are not selling their own labor? What else are they selling then?

Princess Di has issued a correction as of 23:19 on Jul 13, 2016

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Princess Di posted:

So, baristas are not selling their own labor? What else are they selling then?

ol' c-ham is good for a joke or two but knows absolute dick about marxismo outside of seinfeldian digs at it

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

ol' c-ham is good for a joke or two but knows absolute dick about marxismo outside of seinfeldian digs at it

Haha

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

don't take it personally, we know absolute dick about anything

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
I work at a university in Cleveland and the administration is clutching its pearls to a ridiculous degree. They agreed to host around 1700 imported police officers in vacant dorms, and when students found out a lot of them flipped their poo poo. Initially administration played nice and said all concerns will be addressed, people will provided alternative housing if they request it, etc. Then a yesterday they flatly announced that all undergraduates would be banned from campus during the convention, including those living in campus housing during the summer, and those taking summer classes. Oh, but classes won't actually be cancelled, professors are expected to arrange for classes to be held off campus. With five days notice.

So yeah basically my workplace is going to be a military base under martial law for a week.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i hope the board of trustees gets some sweet seats at the convention at least holy lol

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

what's the deal with historical materialism???

Constant Hamprince has issued a correction as of 17:20 on Jul 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
btw my point is that most service jobs have little to no value to a proletariate-run society. the existence of an upper-'middle' class is necessary to sustain a class of employment that consists largely or solely of performing errands

• Locked thread