Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I've never seen more useless people than generic office workers. People think unionized laborers are lazy but when I was in a union working at a grocery store, we still all hustled to get poo poo done during our shift. When I've worked in offices, it's just a bunch of people talking about their kids and reading reddit (or digg back in the day) and leaving at 4:30.The company could probably run on half the staff if people actually worked. Now I'm surrounded by academics who also get accused of being lazy but actually are always under intense pressure to produce research, sit on committees, lesson plan, grade, and feel guilty about not doing more until they are in their late 50s, at which point they stop doing research and barely teach their classes.

My wife recognized academia was a tire fire and got the gently caress out after her first post doc. Recommend you do the same.

In my defense as a lazy office worker who posts all day, most of the time Ive got code running and have nothing better to do. Sure I only work maybe three hours out of eight, but my computer generally puts in a solid eight.

Anyways, when the revolution comes Im sure Ill be first up against the wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Thats some quality civil disobedience right there. Shame no one else saw it and it didnt really articulate a demand.

• Locked thread