Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot
So, baristas are not selling their own labor? What else are they selling then?

Princess Di has issued a correction as of 23:19 on Jul 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Homework Explainer posted:

ol' c-ham is good for a joke or two but knows absolute dick about marxismo outside of seinfeldian digs at it

Haha

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Constant Hamprince posted:

btw my point is that most service jobs have little to no value to a proletariate-run society. the existence of an upper-'middle' class is necessary to sustain a class of employment that consists largely or solely of performing errands

I agree. Our economy is basically run by either service based or predatory industries, which both cannot survive without a middle class. In a way doing away with the middle class would destroy our economy, and creating a proletariat run economy would necessitate massive restructuring in order to make this possible without a long period of economic depression.

While a violent revolution is usually the proletariat' s go to for this sort of thing, it hardly ever really works out since those who initiate the revolution usually simply step into the positions of power that have been recently vacated through violence.

This leads me to believe that our economic model needs restructuring, but with new and solid ideas rather than through violence.

Princess Di has issued a correction as of 00:50 on Jul 16, 2016

• Locked thread