Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

So uh, yeah. There are big spoilers there and to not infect people in the DC thread here is a thread where you can freak out about the spoilers. Do not post the actual leaked pictures though.

Ignore the first page of chat based on two leaked pages of an 80 page book and just read this entire rundown of the actual book if interested: http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/21/dc-universe-rebirth-1-full-spoilers-leak-online

X-O fucked around with this message at 09:41 on May 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

So I'll just get it out of the way.

Apparently the Watchmen are now in mainline DC continuity. Batman finds the Comedian's smiley face pin with the blood on it, and narrates "WE WERE BEING WATCHED."

I really hope this is a huge red herring and Johns is just loving with us.

Also pre-N52 Wally West is back and also there are four Jokers now?

Vandar fucked around with this message at 00:29 on May 21, 2016

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Also apparently the JSA are back.

I don't think the JSA and Wally being back are worth seeing the Watchmen in mainline continuity.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Can the leaked pictures be linked X-O? Cause I'd like to see them.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Turn left DC Comics! Nooooo

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I should not have made those wishes about Wally west and JSA with the monkey paw!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Alright, let's...let's just stay calm for right now. They wouldn't ACTUALLY bring the Watchmen to mainline canon, right?

It's got to just be Johns trying to ruse us. Let's just...wait for the full comic so we can see things in context.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dexie posted:

Alright, let's...let's just stay calm for right now. They wouldn't ACTUALLY bring the Watchmen to mainline canon, right?

It's got to just be Johns trying to ruse us. Let's just...wait for the full comic so we can see things in context.

Unless there is more it's batman finding the button and some text. It could be a red herring, but who knows. It could be the hook for the next two years of stories.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

This is why no superheroes work out of DC's New York City, it was destroyed by a psychic alien squid monster however long ago (hypertime)

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Dexie posted:

Yes breathe easy and wait for context. The Wally thing is rad though, I'll wait and see about Watchmen. I knew the DC thread would turn into a nightmare if I didn't make this thread though.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Wally is in his Kid Flash costume (Whyyy) and is apparently now the leader of the Teen Titans, so I really don't know if it's all worth it. :sigh:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Not like this DC...I'll wait before I freak out.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Don't worry. I'll do the freaking out for you.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Watchmen in DC universe continuity is such a stupendously bad idea I kind of can't believe that DC would ever actually do it. I mean the idea just doesn't work, unless they build like an Earth-Watchmen or something with Manhattan being the only one who can cross universes.

Like I really don't like DC but I sorta refuse to believe they'd be this fundamentally stupid.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Toxxupation posted:

Like I really don't like DC but I sorta refuse to believe they'd be this fundamentally stupid.

You must not have been following DC these last couple of years

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Dexie posted:

So I'll just get it out of the way.

Apparently the Watchmen are now in mainline DC continuity. Batman finds the Comedian's smiley face pin with the blood on it, and narrates "WE WERE BEING WATCHED."

I really hope this is a huge red herring and Johns is just loving with us.

Also pre-N52 Wally West is back and also there are four Jokers now?

This is so loving stupid that I kind of want to see how this plays out...God dammit DC!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Bleeding Cool is reporting that the comic states that Dr Manhattan is the one responsible for the New 52.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Like, beyond the obvious, why even bother? They OWN the characters Moore was using barely-veiled versions of anyway!

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

X-O posted:

Bleeding Cool is reporting that the comic states that Dr Manhattan is the one responsible for the New 52.

What an rear end in a top hat.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

X-O posted:

Ah yes, that's the way to get DC back to its meat and potatoes; retconning major events.

Echoing what others have said, not running for the bunkers until at the very least we get confirmation of Watchmen in main DC. But if this is all true, gently caress DC.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
Real spoilers: Dan DiDio is in a tontine with Alan Moore, and if he can give Moore a big enough heart attack the pirate treasure will be his.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

*Batman is struggling to restrain Joker, who is holding a knife over Batman's face*
*another Joker walks by*

Batman: "Are you working in here while we're battling together?"
Joker: "My work with Lex is at a critical stage right now. I didn't think it was necessary to..."
Batman: "To what? To tell me which one of you is giving me a pity stab?"
Joker: "My attention was completely focused on you."

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

The spoilers are getting so absurdly insane that at this point I refuse to believe they're real until I see them with my eyes.

Congrats, though, DC: You're gonna make me pick up Rebirth, I guess.

Oh also, spoilers are saying three Jokers, not four.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

X-O posted:

I knew he was the villain in Watchmen all along.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
My Joker cap is 0 so unless all these Jokers are dying right off the bat, this drastically increases the possibility I'll have to drop books due to too much Joker.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

This is going to bring the countdown back to 0

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Toxxupation posted:

Oh also, spoilers are saying three Jokers, not four.

The image I saw showed four, but I think I misinterpreted the page. The Watchmen thing got to me and made me not think straight for a bit.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Okay. Am I the only one who kinda loves this idea? It's like the train has driven off the rails, done a backflip, and flew into space.

I wanna see the Justice League fight Dr. Manhattan.

Heck, I'm practically more apprehensive about this Wally West thing. So we're getting the original white guy, in addition to the young black version who's been appearing?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

DrProsek posted:

My Joker cap is 0 so unless all these Jokers are dying right off the bat, this drastically increases the possibility I'll have to drop books due to too much Joker.

Love that Joker!

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Hey, remember when DC published a crossover event depicting corporate comics publishers as interdimensional parasites feeding off of existing stories? Fun times.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

This is going to bring the countdown back to 0

They already got something to beat that one editor being kept on :v: http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/news/135359-hey-dc-chris-hansen-would-like-you-to-have-a-seat-he-needs-to-talk-to-you.html

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

X-O posted:

Love that Joker!

If one of the four Jokers is Jack Nicholson it will all have been worth it.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

BrianWilly posted:

So we're getting the original white guy, in addition to the young black version who's been appearing?

To be fair they basically saddled someone completely unrelated with a legacy name as a weak half-measure to cede to Wally fans. If there's any justification for a line-wide reboot changing that dude's name, Rebirth is as good a reason as any.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

Heck, I'm practically more apprehensive about this Wally West thing. So we're getting the original white guy, in addition to the young black version who's been appearing?

Original white guy is leading the Titans, young black guy is a member of the Teen Titans.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Holy gently caress please let that be true.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Dexie posted:

Original white guy is leading the Titans, young black guy is a member of the Teen Titans.

...Are the Titans and the Teen Titans two different teams? Honestly lmao either way

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Are they calling White Wally 'Master Flash'

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Travis343 posted:

...Are the Titans and the Teen Titans two different teams? Honestly lmao either way

Teen Titans are Damien Wayne leading the team of Beast Boy, Raven, Starfire, and N52-Wally.

Titans are the team of Nightwing, Donna Troy, Arsenal, Garth, and Lilith, who are now apparently led by pre-N52 Wally.

I think.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Dexie posted:

Teen Titans are Damien Wayne leading the team of Beast Boy, Raven, Starfire, and N52-Wally.

Titans are the team of Nightwing, Donna Troy, Arsenal, Garth, and Lilith, who are now apparently led by pre-N52 Wally.

I think.

I think reading that gave me a headache.

Donna Troy and Wonder Girl are two different people, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Dexie posted:

I think.
Y'know what?

I'ma roll with it. I'm embracing this. Bring it DC, clusterfuck me like it's 2005.

• Locked thread