Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Off-hand the only New 52 titles I remember enjoying were Wonder Woman under Azzarello, The Omega Men and Prez.

team overhead smash fucked around with this message at 18:34 on May 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

Man, I forgot Demon Knights was New 52. I loved it but thought it started pre 52 and got rebooted.

I think I got confused because the new 52 is bad and the second arc of Demon Knights when they changed writers like 16 issues in is also bad, so I assumed they were connected.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

BrianWilly posted:

That's why I keep asking about specific examples of Geoff Johns' terrible decisions in the Nu52...not "bad writing," but any examples of tacky ideas, offensive fridgings, gratuitous grimdark, gruesome shock value, character regressions, character assassinations literal or otherwise...that kind of stuff...to back up this impression y'all seem to have that he hasn't changed his lovely writing tendencies in the last five years so clearly he won't change it for this, and I hope you understand that "Well, he's CCO. He runs everything so everything is his fault!" doesn't actually answer the question very well. I think the only substantial answer so far was ImpAtom's critique of NuShazam.

The last few issues of Forever Evil. Fun and Wholesome!

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

It's been more prevalent and doe some certainly more gruesome and tone deaf in his more recent work compared to - say - the treatment of rape in Watchmen. Neonomicon, that other cthulthu based one that's out at the moments, Lost Girls, Crossed+100 (although you probably can't put that last one all on Moore) all have rapey problematic issues.

• Locked thread