Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I should not have made those wishes about Wally west and JSA with the monkey paw!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dexie posted:

Alright, let's...let's just stay calm for right now. They wouldn't ACTUALLY bring the Watchmen to mainline canon, right?

It's got to just be Johns trying to ruse us. Let's just...wait for the full comic so we can see things in context.

Unless there is more it's batman finding the button and some text. It could be a red herring, but who knows. It could be the hook for the next two years of stories.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Toxxupation posted:

Like I really don't like DC but I sorta refuse to believe they'd be this fundamentally stupid.

You must not have been following DC these last couple of years

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

This is going to bring the countdown back to 0

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

BigRed0427 posted:

I think reading that gave me a headache.

Donna Troy and Wonder Girl are two different people, right?

Yes they have been different people since the 90s. Donna Troy is the one with the clusterfuck origin and wonder girl is the one from new justice and dated Superboy.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Two Tone Shoes posted:

While not that picture specifically, the imagery of Krona looking at the creation of the universe as a giant blue hand is from JLA/Avengers when Krona kind of debuted.

You mean Crisis of Infinite Earth

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 04:38 on May 21, 2016

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I wonder how Alan Moore is going to respond

I also know that DC is going to have a rebirth sale starting Monday night and it will include Watchmen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Toxxupation posted:

You don't have to like Watchmen, but pretending it's not a good comic - and, further insultingly, blaming what was supposed to be a totally standalone comic written as an intentional critique and inversion of the comics industry as the source of the failures of a comics initiative thirty years later that you wrote the main book for, that everyone loving hated - is some mind-blowingly offensive bullshit. Like, seriously. gently caress Geoff Johns for pulling this poo poo.Flashp

But even Moore said that people took the wrong lessons from Killing Joke and Watchmen. He was not saying that all comics should be like them. John's 52 books were also not hates. His Justice League became good and people enjoyed his Green Lantern. Just be glad he did not steal from Twilight of the Gods.

• Locked thread