Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
These spoilers look good. It is making me excited. Wednesday I will be buying my first comic in 4 years. Here is hoping it works out better this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

God drat just want to say this looks good again.
Bring in the Legacies. The familial tone of the superhero community.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Travis343 posted:

If the Watchmen angle is just Dr. Manhattan creating their universe, how is it that Batman found the Comedian's button (with iconic bloodstain intact, of course)? Did Dr. Manhattan just like drop it there, so maybe eventually someone could learn The Truth? Did Dr. Manhattan recreate the characters from Watchmen on this world or something?

It looks like it is pointing out that the DCU was transformed by the Watchmen but now they know and it will not happen anymore. Hence Batman saying "We were being watched."

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Four Score posted:

Superman, Superboy (Jon Kent), Superboy (Kon-El), Superwoman, Supergirl, Super-Man, Krypto, Power Girl (who is back on Earth 2?)

who am I missing?

Streaky, Beppo, Comet, and Bibbi Bibbowski.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

BrianWilly posted:

It's me. I'm the target audience for this. I'm to blame. And I can't wait for this. :allears:

(Only other thing that's kinda annoying me is this whole Wonder Woman having a secret twin brother thing. Not with the idea itself, but didn't we just go through this whole secret sibling drama thing with Azzarello...like, a lot? With a whole boatload of her secret brothers? I hope this isn't some huge aspect of Rucka's arc.)

Same.

I'm so excited to have the old JSA back. Man this is kinda turning into a reverse new 52 for me.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Alan Moore comes off as an rear end.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

PoshAlligator posted:

Is there even one good book-wide crossover event in comics?

e: Though yes, I will be buying this, and I don't usually buy single issues - so I am well aware I am part of the problem.

Yes there have been many.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I think of all the things to rip into Johns about. Making a decade long comic space epic inspired by a 8 page backup isn't the one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

The full splash page with every character from rebirth has been released

Any idea who's the guy in the yellow shirt in the bottom left?

Rick Flagg or whoever that leader guy if suicide squad is my guess.

No Booster Gold. :( Why can't we have the good dynamic due back?

• Locked thread