Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
You would think Watchmen is overrated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

X-O posted:

Guys can we talk about the real problem here. What are we going to do with 12 Super-people and 3 Jokers. That's easily 10 and 2 too many.

Extend the joker family obviously.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

They seem to be stripping Wally of everything that made him Wally so they are keeping the tradition alive.

Also this is gonna b a clusterfuck.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

They also lost ten years which explains why the new 52 wasn't consistent, somehow.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Edge & Christian posted:

Basketball legend Jason Kidd, and his teen protege Kid Jason Kidd.

Lol like DC wants another hero who can't shoot.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

What was the point of the New 52 Shazam.

Also they will go grim dark within the rebirth issue I bet.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

To have him start out lovely and be lovely almost the whole time but eventually end up exactly where he was pre-n52.

Just like everything else.

Yeah I don't particularly care about Shazam and was fine with the new guy but he didn't do anything special.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Literally nothing I have read makes it seem like Johns recognizes that he might have been even a little at fault which undercuts this apology mightily.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Two Tone Shoes posted:

You guys are trying a bit too hard to convince him not to try out these comics to see if they're good.

To be fair most seem to be mocking him for falling for the line DC has been using every couple years for the past decade.

Which is kind of what we do here.

Hint: nothing is going to change. Unless Johns and Dan had a Saul of Damascus moment.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Also I know this has been said but the watchmen literally being the villains is the most Johns thing that has ever been written.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

ElNarez posted:

It's kinda sorta reiterating a point he made in Seven Soldiers with Zor the Terrible Time Tailor. You can even find it in Flex Mentallo. It's a condemnation of "grim for the sake of grim because that uncompromising and total approach is the only way comics can mean something" most people would here would agree with.

The problem is Alan Moore for all his faults never attempted that. Alan Moore just makes a convenient scapegoat. This shows that ultimately Dan and Johns have learned nothing.

• Locked thread