Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
Is there even one good book-wide crossover event in comics?

e: Though yes, I will be buying this, and I don't usually buy single issues - so I am well aware I am part of the problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Yes there have been many.

Cool, feel free to actually let me know about them once your probate's up.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

I don't know how the comic book industry is doing right now but wouldn't it be better to try and make their comics easier to get into and not even more impenetrable?

I mean sure, all these big events will get a sales bump, but the series will all likely settle back to where they were, right?

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

Travis343 posted:

Personally I am more optimistic about the comics being good, or at least not actively terrible, than about a sloppy in-universe explanation as to why everyone was getting raped and dismembered for the last decade. Just stop writing stories where that happens, I don't need to read a comic trying to explain lovely decisions from the real world. Just make better decisions now. What DC needs more than anything right now is a few years of just making comics, without huge rebranding and restructuring initiatives. I think the creators and the fans need stability more than anything.

This 100%. Just tell some good stories.

Western comics just have so much baggage.

• Locked thread