Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
when Rebirth goes live please change the thread title to DC Rebirth - Imagine four Jokers on the edge of a cliff...

the Joker nearest the edge of the cliff falls off, DC says gently caress it we'll do it with three. REBIRTH

Four Score fucked around with this message at 02:56 on May 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Dexie posted:

Newsarama just put up their review of the issue and gave it a 10/10. Comes in both the spoilers and no spoilers variety!

someone unrionically calling Geoff Johns the hero we need but not the hero we deserve is the worst thing to come out of all this

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

X-O posted:

Guys can we talk about the real problem here. What are we going to do with 12 Super-people and 3 Jokers. That's easily 10 and 2 too many.

Superman, Superboy (Jon Kent), Superboy (Kon-El), Superwoman, Supergirl, Super-Man, Krypto, Power Girl (who is back on Earth 2?)

who am I missing?

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

catlord posted:

"yeah, gently caress it, Dr. Manhattan dick in Justice League."

oh man, if Dr. Manhattan is a malevolent god now I will be so disappointed if he's wearing any clothes, gimme that glowing blue dong flapping in Superman's face DC

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

CharlestheHammer posted:

They also lost ten years which explains why the new 52 wasn't consistent, somehow.

Zero Hour Too

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Jiro posted:

I'm with you on that. His original run was amazing, and The Reach were/are a good concept for villains that are smart evil business aliens. Kinda like having a race of Luthors only not quite as smart, and or constantly didn't take humanity seriously.

never mind losing that synergy with the short-lived but well-written Young Justice series in which both Wally, Jaime, and the Reach were major parts of the last season

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Wally wasn't important in the last season. He just kind of complained about Artemis then died. Bart was important.

:drat: that's cold luddy

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Norns posted:

Everyone complains cuz supermans undies are gone now.

Color in some leggings. BOOM problem solved. Outrage averted.

man and I thought D_T was the only BSS poster who made my skin crawl

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Edge & Christian posted:

Is this a trick question, because there's no Bart Allen in the New 52.

Sure there's "Bart", also known as Kid Flash. But he's actually BAR TORR, an infamous terrorist from the 30th century. His family were peons under the evil empire called THE FUNCTIONARY and when they disagreed with THE FUNCTIONARY, Bar's parents were murdered. His sister joined THE FUNCTIONARY and became its leader and he became a rebel terrorist, and not in the "Star Wars" sense but in the sense of there were literally flashback panels of him on a pile of FUNCTIONARY bones cackling and covered in blood.

So eventually (in the future) he decides to turn state's evidence on his fellow genocidal terrorists (though to be clear, the FUNCTIONARY are also genocidal fascists) and they put him in witness protection, which involves mindwiping him and sending him to the 21st century. Then somehow the Titans get sent to the future, which makes all of BAR TORR'S memories come back and he starts killing FUNCTIONARY goons again. They put him up on trial because I guess coming back to the present unmindwiped and murdering a bunch of dudes is violation of his parole, and he acts all contrite until BAM IT TURNS OUT HE'S PLAYING THE LONG CON AND TRYING TO GET A SHOW TRIAL so his old buddies can teleport in and "slaughter" all of the FUNCTIONARY heads. They kill a lot of them, but eventually his sister shows up to get him to stand down. He's given a prison sentence of life on a prison planet, and Solstice is sad because she's his girlfriend and she wants to go live on the prison planet with him. THE FUNCTIONARY can't convict someone to a prison planet who has commited no crime, she she murders one of their leaders right there in the courtroom, and the surviving ones go "shrug, okay, you go to the prison planet for murdering our fellow judge."

The last shot of them in Lobdell's Teen Titans is Kid Flash and Solstice landing on the prison planet and being discovered by a fellow prisoner, who Bart immediately murders because it's "kill or be killed".

Then in Will Pfeiffer's Teen Titans, he pops up as a member of Manchester Black's ELITE, and after a few issues gets a couple panels of exposition about how he broke out of the prison planet and really should go back and save his girlfriend, but he got sucked into the 21st century so I guess he'll hang out here for awhile. He does so for about six issues, and then in Pfieffer's last issue disappears and leaves a note about how he's going back to the future to try to find the girlfriend he abandoned.

~FIN~

So yeah, technically he is in the future and might pop up with the Legion.

I would pay 100 bux to change the name of BSS to gently caress SCOTT LOBDELL (FSL for short) even if it was just a week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

X-O posted:

You only say that because you think it's not possible for it to happen. When it's totally possible.

why do you think I didn't add a :toxx: to that :ninja:

• Locked thread