Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I think if you're doing a comic event that's about rejecting dark and cynical as a concept for your comic line than using Dr. Manhattan as the main villain makes the most on-the-nose Geoff Johnsian sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I am 100% beyond fine with making GBS threads on Watchmen's legacy

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Two Tone Shoes posted:

I understand what you're saying with the other stuff but this is utter nonsense. What Flashpoint became was not under his total guidance or control. They hijacked what was supposed to be a minor Flash Crossover event -- no bigger than Blackest Night -- and turned it into a way to reboot the universe because they were in a financial emergency. Then the New 52 happened where every book save a few corner cases were under heavy editorial scrutiny.

You assume Johns, as a writer, had way more power than he did. This is the guy who set up all the poo poo after Flash Rebirth and was cut off from literally all of his plans and told to just make a bland Barry only book. He's not the overlord of Flashpoint and New52.

to be fair this perception mainly exists because DC tried to push it as hard as possible

but corporate was always the ones in charge

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
a silly gimmick that ended up costing them several million dollars so clearly gently caress that

• Locked thread