Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

*reads the spoilers for this*

Buh?

Buuuuuuh?

Hubbuh buh?

Buuuuuh.

I REALLY don't know what to think about all this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Barry Convex posted:

Hmm, Jackson Hyde Aqualad from Brightest Day? He wasn't originally gay, was he?

If it counts, Greg Weisman has said Kal'durham wasn't straight in Young Justice. He was at least bi.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

redbackground posted:

We're all thinking it: What about Joker's Daughter?! :ohdear:

Justice4Duela

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Dexie posted:

It's not Joker's Daughter. We have the page that shows the three Jokers.

It's...literally just three incarnations of Jokers.

which ones, specifically?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

quote:

A lot of fans will be pleased to see that Ted Kord, the classic Blue Beetle, is back in the DC Universe proper after being killed over a decade ago in The OMAC Project. Not only that, he’s teaming up with Jaime Reyes, who visits Kord Industries to get his Scarab removed in DC Universe Rebirth. But that’s not all – the new Doctor Fate shows up to retcon a retcon and reveals that the Scarab is magic after all, and not alien technology.

This is dumb.

This is really freaking dumb.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Jiro posted:

"Barry of course it isn't your fault to selfishly gently caress with the time stream AGAIN, erasing me, my kids and wife. Who exists again, but has no idea who I am or the life we shared. Nooooooo not your fault Barry. " *Wally is then shown to punch Barry in the dick at the speed of sound*

I'm referring to the scarab not being alien technology. That changes the entire point of Khaji'da as a character and the Reach and a huge part of Jaime's whole DEAL.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I realize the scarab being technological was itself a retcon but

Does anyone ANYWHERE really give a spit about Dan Garrett enough to go "God I wish it was still a magical bug totem thing!"

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

He should just. I dunno. Make an effort to understand his audience.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Poor J'onn. he's the Mike Wazowski of DC at this point.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Can someone explain to me how the "Alan Moore is the villain of Final Crisis" thing works? I've never read it.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

FilthyImp posted:

In the 'story' of the DCU, the blank canvass expanse of creation looked at itself and found a 'flaw'. It was walled off to prevent infection (where the Source Wall comes from) and the Monitors were sent to observe. The flaw turned out to be the multiverse, and after ages The Monitors ended up accidentally influencing the stories within it.

The Alan Moore Monitor was the 'greatest of them all' and in a fairly biblical fashion was corrupted and became a monstrosity, then cast out, after he finds that feeding on the 'Bleed' between worlds empowered him (which also caused worlds to die horribly).

FC is all about DC heroes fighting against weaponized despair. The ending is about fans moving past the Chromium Widescreen age.

It's made to be Moore in the story because the character feeds on worlds and then perverts the essence of these things to gain power. It's the source of pure darkness in the DCU, worse than even Darkseid, because it reflects the cannibalization of hope and purity and potential. The fact it's beaten back by the most epic of team ups (that includes a giant cartoon super rabbit) is a repudiation of the Mooreian habit to 'update' characters and make them realistic conflicted creations.

Morrison is all about embracing the levity and totality of the genre (which Moore's reversioning often does away with).

Wow.

I'm no fan of Moore but that feels like a super lovely thing to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Again, I dislike Moore, but in a lot of his works, the grimness is more than "for the sake of being grim."

• Locked thread