Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Holy gently caress please let that be true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Holy poo poo I can not wait til next week to see the explosion if the Watchmen rumor is true.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Toxxupation posted:

I mean, there's pictures of the page, Rhyno. You can literally see it with your own eyes.

I am on my phone and relying on this thread to supply me with spoilers!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Thank you!

Awwwww YISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Codependent Poster posted:

Yay for Wally coming back.

But using the Watchmen? Goddamn, that's super lovely.

It's like ordering your favorite pizza and when you open the box there's a huge dog turd on it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Two Tone Shoes posted:

I'm super curious about everything in that. Like it's such a giant swing for the fences idea that either we're gonna get something amazing or something we can bitch about for years.

Also why the hell is Pre 52 Wally wearing a Kid Flash costume? He kind of stopped doing that 30 years ago. I guess it's so people can tell who he is but that'd be obvious with "I'm Wally West."

Maybe they just don't want to call him The Flash so he doesn't say that part of his famous line nor have the costume. Shame if he's just older Kid Flash.

Maybe he'll be Flash Boy.

Or Flashy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Should we start guessing what DC will do in 4-5 years when this is a proven cockup?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
BW Doctor Manhattan #4s are vanishing from online sellers all of a sudden. My store's FB inbox has 7 requests for it since 9pm.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Remember when Alan Moore called out Geoff Johns for building his career entirely on top of Moore's works?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Now he's literally doing that.

I really want this to be Johns striking back at Moore for that comment.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I haven't looked forward to a comics this much in I don't know how long. We ordered a metric fuckload and I am honestly worried we won't have enough.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

And then Jason Aaron had some nice words for Mr Moore.

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2011/01/jason-aaron-to-alan-moore-go-fck-yourself/

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wow, I suddenly love Rob Liefeld.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
DC does not care about young readers because, and I will quote Bob Wayne here "Kids don't have money for comics so gently caress 'em."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

I couldn't even tell you what half of these books were about. The only one there I'd even be interested in is Captain Atom, I always liked him but I remember not liking the writer on the book when it launched so I never read it. I forgot who it was though. Has DC completely abandoned the idea of Hawk people? I can't remember the last time I heard about them being in a comic.

Not even one of those books were any good and every one of them were a sales disaster.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Literally The Worst posted:

Yo the whole Watchmen thing is straight fuckin retarded and I really hoe this is te thing that blows up so spectacularly that DC finally as to do something new

The only thing that will force DC to do something new is a top to bottom shakeup of the editorial and management. Fire every one of them and bring in new people.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Travis343 posted:

DC, I am available, just FYI. I will work cheap.

I think Didio and the boys aren't even slightly worried anymore. Ever since the threat of giving control of DC to TW Book Group went away there's no publisher on hand to take over.

Edit: I mean let's be real. We all know this isn't going to revive DC, it's just another LOOK AT US WE MAKE COMICS moment that they've been pulling for the last decade.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

but for that to happen they need to have something blow up so spectacularly that they just hemorrhage money to the point that WB can't ignore it

for example

rebirth being the dumbest loving thing put to paper since dave sim's spawn issue

Let's see what June brings but I don't think it will blow up that bad. I mean poo poo, I have a dude who wants 5 copies of every Rebirth #1.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

that guy is a loving moron and you should take him out back and shoot him and watch the average IQ of the collective comics fan sphere bubble whatever double

gently caress that I want his money

spoilers june is going to bring a big fat pile of bullshit

And July.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Robin next to Nightwing does not appear to be Damian.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Little Mac posted:

Wait wait wait. So Dr. Manhattan created the New52. Ozymandias trained N52 Superman who may actually be Conner Kent.One of the Comedian's buttons is in the Batcave... is he one of the three Jokers? Is Rorschach the Trinity of Sin Question? Is Nite Owl involved in the Court of Owls? Is Silk Spectre even remembered? AGH

The bolded is just BS rumors for now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Moore has picked it up and taken it home to feed and nurture into a ravenous hellbeast of discord.

AlanMoore.txt

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm less annoyed with Titans Hunt #8 now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's not enough horizontal lines in this logo. You're fired.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hey, my nephew works on his school newspaper and they do graphic poo poo, let's have him design our new company trade dress.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Read it cover to cover.

This is going to be a bigger clusterfuck than the New 52 was.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Yvonmukluk posted:

:allears:

I think I'm going to pick up a copy & resend it to Mr. Johns, just so I can have the check.

I really hope a shitload of people call him on that. I'm going to pick up a copy just to do it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gaz-L posted:

And add another throughsold copy to the count, so they can brag about the book going to 5 printings?

They don't track actual copies sold, just what stores order.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Codependent Poster posted:

So long Kyle Rayner.

I'm surprised Dick made it out of this alive.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

That's the modern Captain Marvel/Shazam Family. I've seen panels of them before but I'm not sure where they appeared. But they're a known quantity yes.

Backups in Justice League 11-16 or so.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Die Laughing posted:

I'm down for Shazam fam. Feels like they've been gun shy with Shazam though. Probably waiting until they know what the hell they're doing with the movie.

N52 Shazam has actually been a bunch of fun. Like when he and Cyborg were chilling on the Watchtower and he used his powers to conjour poo poo to entertain himself.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

lotus circle posted:

I read it and I liked it. What are you gonna do about it goons?

(In all honesty I actually did find it enjoyable, though the twist at the end is a bit much.)

:getout:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
People seem to be incredibly pissed at the Joker non reveal in JL #50.

• Locked thread