Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I like Robert Picardo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I'm trying really hard to say good things about voyager but I think Picardo is about the only good thing about that show. I mean all the actors are good actors but weren't allowed to be.

I didn't watch as diligently by the time 7 of 9 came around, so I can't comment on that. I'm kinda looking forward to watching it all but also dreading it. It'll happen in the next year or two.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Ezri is just super cute :3

The General
Mar 4, 2007

All the best Trek commentaries are when the commentators poo poo on Trek/the people involved with trek. :colbert:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

treiz01 posted:

You will not get me to watch Voyager!

Come on. I'll start too. Who's with me?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

That'll just piss you off for a few episodes. You'll adjust. Everything else will be the true test. Worse than Klingon pain sticks and infinitely longer.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I would have sex with pretty much any of the cast of trek to be able to say I slept with ________.

I'm going to be starting voyager on Sunday night. I plan on 3-5 episodes a week.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I feel that's just his wallpaper/home screen. You know, just in case need arises.

Also I really like how Trek has tablets everywhere. And you can just pass them around as need be.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

treiz01 posted:

That's the part about the portable computer that they got wrong - you would never need all those tablets because all the information you would ever want can be accessed from one. The tablets in star trek were more akin to ebook readers.

Any referencing of more than 2 or maybe 3 things I'd better with more screens.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

shadow puppet of a posted:

Bashir would lose his poo poo over Deep Space 7 of 9. Literally no memory of Dax would be left in his super brain.

Quark would burst.

I like to think Quark likes Jadzia because she's cool with the Ferengi, and Ezri was just a passing fancy due to the Dax connection. I dunno how much he'd drool over 7 of 9.

And Bashir only has eyes for Garrak. :colbert:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Geordi asked for a personality profile, as close as the computer could do. Maybe professionally she's a flirt at the conferences. Who knows? But Geordi only takes some of the blame here. The computer did it.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

They're gone!? That's bullshit!

The General
Mar 4, 2007

criscodisco posted:

Also, for all of Geordi's protests that his holodeck program was essential for getting the Enterprise out of the trap they were in, the answer was just to floor the ship, then cut the power and coast out.

Then everyone was blown away because Picard used the gravity of a large asteroid to help pull the shop out.

Starfleet accepts only the best and brightest but suddenly everyone forgets that inertia is a thing. They all had panicked looks on their faces when he steered toward the asteroid.

Nobody does that stuff anymore. "It's okay, I've done this in a simulator, back at the academy." doesn't really give confidence.

In The Outrageous Okona, Okona suggests going through an astroid field, because why not? And Wesley is all "We'll just go around, at warp gently caress you." Starfleet officers don't get real world experience all that often. Most of them are just running errands the vast majority of the time. Or going back to the same loving nebula they've been studying for the last 5 years. The Enterprise is different, it's a flag ship, it goes out and finds trouble, either by having a reputation or just being out in the unknown.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Is every episode of voyager involve time fuckery?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Hector Beerlioz posted:

*fucks intern*

It's the small things in life.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Just watched Tasha give Wesley a speech on why drugs are bad

Why are drugs bad?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I only do drugs to remind myself how much I don't like drugs.

Edit: I've a terrible memory so I take drugs every day.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

shadow puppet of a posted:

Ishara was in the top teir of all time TNG Trek totty. Her, Ensign Teri Hatcher & Ensign Ro. Extra props for Ishara for getting there with that awful glacial-shef femullet haircut too.

Ishara has the most perfect Android 18 year.

As for trek hotties, Sito Jaxa and Amanda Rogers.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I was thinking non main members, also there's a lot of hate for Jadzia in these parts. Also she's my wife back off.

Edit: and Vash is hot as gently caress. Good on you Picard!

The General
Mar 4, 2007

From what I've read, the actress for Jadzia wanted more loving money and tried to get others to hold out for more. Then after leaving DS9 did the exact same thing with her next job.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Janeway has had a private dining room large enough to be a galley. Goddamn.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I should just stop watching now and assume they abandon neelix and call it a day.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I hate trek. Or at least my favourite part of trek is making GBS threads on it.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Even that space garbage recognized how lovely federation/bajoran fashions are.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Think of the tubes in Futurama, then make it bigger with an elevator, and also artificial gravity on the floor.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Coffee nebula alert!!! All hands to productive stations!

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Watched Voyager's The Cloud last night, and holy gently caress, if I was Beltran I would have thrown a fit. "lemme tell you your spirit animal. Akoocheemoya "

The General
Mar 4, 2007

FrensaGeran posted:

I'm kind of worried that the new trek show will keep the moral and ethical quandary theme but add in lots more rape and grimdark.

"Commander, the Prime Directive is clear. We cannot interfere with Rapetron VI, rape is a fundamental part of their culture. Who are we to decide the fate of an alien world?"

It's going to take place on wherever Yar was born. Rape gangs and more gangs. Maybe they'll be like kazon and rape gangs will just be villan of week every now and then.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I'm not sure how weed smoking affects my voyager experience. While high I become acutely aware of how inane the technobabble is and how ludacris the battle scenes are on the bridge.

That's some fine acting you have there. Yup.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Ambiguous ending. Spoiler alert the Romulan is from the past. Messages may or may not have made it home. Voyager now to cruise towards the next interesting sensor reading.

For an episode where nothing happens, it's not so bad. Picardo is such a great actor, I'm glad EMHs count as aliens so he got to be great from the start. Actually the b plot is pretty good. Can/should you just reprogram your rear end in a top hat doctor? The answer is yes you can, and probably should have. Dude has serious bedside issues. But I'm glad Janeway is a pushover and let Kes talk her out of it.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Not enough new uniforms to go around.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

You guys need to calm down and ask your spirit animal what to do. Akoocheemoya.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I'm not sure you're taking the prime directive seriously enough. I hope there's a other one. :colbert:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Last night I watched two voyager episodes. One was cool because Tuvok goes rogue and trades federation books for super tech. I look forwards to more rogue Tuvok. If only.

And the one before had the worst loving acting of any trek ever. That I've ever seen. Paris was accused and convicted of killing somebody and got mindfucked as punishment. God, everything was so terrible and all the acting was so over the loving top from the guest stars. I dunno who directed that piece of poo poo but gently caress, I hope he never does it again.

Edit: holy gently caress. Geordi LaForge directed that piece of poo poo. And also I watched that one longer ago. It's just the jerk off episode about "what happens after death???" Was pretty forgettable all around.

The General fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jun 16, 2016

The General
Mar 4, 2007

A common grade school room.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

You don't wanna know what cardassian detention is like.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Not as advanced forcefield technology. Also when alien spies try to run to their emergency transport site, it fucks them up and they trip.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

ToS was different times. I'm not smart enough to explain it better. Different trek, different feel.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Ugh. Introduction of the Kazon. Space trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

The Seska character could have been cool if they didn't introduce her and out her as a spy like the second or maybe third episode that she's in. If they would have had Janeway lock up somebody every few weeks, while Seska cat and mouses around the ship with Tuvok would have been super cool. Whelp another wasted thing.