Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I'd voyage her if you know what I mean! :q:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Is it just me or was Troi way hotter in the Starfleet uniforms than she was in her yoga suit or crazy lady dresses?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

At the start she wore that dress uniform and boots and it was p awesome.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

I'm mixed race and holy poo poo, the episode about BLT being split into two people is poo poo.

I just started rewatching the series and holy poo poo, that's the worst episode so far.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

shovelbum posted:

Doesn't she have like a savage half and lame rear end half

That's a perfect explanation. Her human self was terrible.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

:thejoke:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

I just realized that I have the season 1 extras and holy poo poo it's funny watching these fuckers defend their poo poo show.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

I honestly really like Voyager. I'm really crying on the inside.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

They make a big deal about getting Jeri Taylor on board, like that's a big win for women.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

How disappointed am I going to be by this training the maquis to be starfleet episode?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Lol at chakotay bitch slapping a crew member.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Is the opener to season 2 really the bullshit Amelia Earhart episode?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh, you're gonna love this episode. Wait till you get to the best/most-insulting part. You'll know it when it happens.

Those beautiful cities that we never see?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Janeway treats Kes like a slave when she shows off her ear!

:eyepop:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Holy poo poo, this episode where chakotay has flashbacks about his adventures with estaban is terrible.

Rubber people.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Holy poo poo this is a bad episode.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There's a planet full of native American settlers out in the DMZ between Cardassian and Federation space, and that's where Chakotay's from.

Several hundred years later and native Americans still get their land stolen from them. :sad:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

How does he have a little beep boop flashy lighty computer box that makes him trip balls? How is that a thing?

How is that NOT a thing?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Yeah, it was pretty obviously inconsistent about the earring.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

I had a legit milf crush on Kate Mulgrew when Voyager originally aired. She... did not age gracefully. Still nowhere as bad as Kes, though.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Also, so the plants all look like earth except some really unconvincing alien roots we lazily threw some dirt on and then pretended to dig them up.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Sloober posted:

Does this?

Because it is

She looks like a purposely bad custom player model I would make in a PlayStation 1 NBA game.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Chakotay sneaks out of the house to go to the Kazon Pi Ogla frat party and gets date raped by Seska.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

I joined the Miles High Club and now I can't care less why this old dude thinks Janeway is his daughter.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Course: Oblivion;

Voyager's fancy new Enhanced Warp Drive is causing the ship to fall apart at the molecular level except, whoops, it's actually replicant Voyager from the Demon Planet. I actually like this one, but the ending is a wet fart that could've been overcome by leaving a probe or something that wasn't a silver-blood duplicate for the real Voyager to find instead of "What's this weird silver cloud? Nevermind, let's just keep on going".

The ending might not have been so bad if Voyager didn't always hit the reset button every episode. Like in a good show, it would have been a cruel twist of an ending.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Ugh, now it's the robot from the Queen album cover, guest starring on Voyage.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Neddy Seagoon posted:

An actual time capsule ending would've been a much better ending, especially when they set up the chekov's gun of non-Voyager items being unaffected. "We found this probe/device a few days/months ago, let's use it to store our logs and poo poo!"

Aside from the whole "How do we stop passing on that super-cool Enhanced Warp Drive to the real crew" thing.

They try to duplicate it but BLT can't compensate for the capacitive quantum flux frequency variations no matter how much she rotates the tachyon particle array.

They cut 10 years off their trip but never try it again.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Oh poo poo guys, it just happened to me.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Am I high or didn't they use this Chakotay quote in promotions for Voyager to make it sound like he was excited about an upcoming episode?

quote:

CHAKOTAY: To be honest, it's almost frightening. Up till now, it's all been theory. I never thought it would actually happen. Are we ready for it?"

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

I'm not gonna lie, when Voyager first aired, I thought that gangways Janeway's line about females initiating mating was clever.

I was like 13.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Tuvok with emotions sounds like an angry Barack Obama.

Also, this episode is really heavy handed but still a good death penalty debate story.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

When I covertly contact the Kazon I do it in the dark with a bright red light flashing the whole time.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

The laptop screens in Voyager are stupid thick. The worst part is that they're loving props. They could have made them paper thin if they'd wanted to.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Guys, I'm gonna watch st: tmp extended edition. Pray for my soul.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

"Special Longer Version"

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Is this actually shorter or what?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Evek posted:

Thats the TV/Home Video Cut. Its longer because they threw in a bunch of unfinished deleted scenes.

So it is a really unnecessarily long cut off the movie?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

The vectrex video game style graphics are kind of charming to my broke brain, millennial self.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Oh my God, I don't care about Spock's bullshit on Vulcan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Shatner with the slimming tunic.