Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

and bashir was born retarded before they illegally made him a genius/tennis star. geordi was born blind. wesley was born with a fragile sissy body, etc.

also reminds me of my favorite will wheaton story, the one where that one actor threatened to "kick his human being rear end" for not playing football. what was that guy's name? he was famous for playing mobsters and he also played the crazy genocidal space president in the episode where quark was selling weapons in his holosuites.

Mulaney Power Move fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Oct 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

if i was on ds9 i would open a space liquor store that sells real space liquor, which apparently is a rare commodity. i'd also sell space weed, which i assume is legal at this point. none of that replicated bullshit. classic earth strains grown on the weed moon of tupak prime.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i would name my headshop "the wormhole" and captain "loves to cook" sisko would be my best customer

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I like the episode where she tries to make friends with all the kazons and just ends up with even more enemies, which she admits at the end.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

2spooky4me posted:

The Kazon are a little racist right? I feel like they're a little racist.

They were oppressed by another race of space nazis, who janeway befriends in the episode. They were more overtly sexist, which offended the stupid girl captain.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Based on my intimate knowledge of starfleet academy for super nintendo, red alert just means power to shields as well as weapons.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

thrilla in vanilla posted:

bummer! I'm just glad there haven't been any more Chakotay Spirit Animal Guide episodes for a while because as much as I love doofy stupid trek concepts, that's just too much to handle

is this the one where we learn that instead of taking a traditional entheogen like peyote or something the indians just use some sort of tricorder like machine to take spirit quests?

and that native americans were gifted a unique connection to nature by space men from beyond the moon

voyager was good poo poo

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

sweet geek swag posted:

Picard does not say it is because of the war, his exact words are "busy with Dominion negotiations." Also, the Son'a were allies of the Dominion, so they would not have conducted a joint mission with the Federation unless the war was over. The fact that Worf had to return to DS9 means it takes place before he becomes ambassador to the Klingons. The only place it can take place is between the surrender of Cardassia and the signing of the peace treaty. This is confusing, since Insurrection certainly came out around the time of "It's Only a Paper Moon." The only explanation is that when the line was written they thought the movie might be released after DS9 was finished so they placed a vague line about Dominion negotiations in there to be up to date. When the actual release date was earlier than they had anticipated, they didn't remove it, consequently spoiling that the Dominion War was over.

there's actually an episode of ds9 that mentions the sona. i think it's mentioned in the one where the breen are joining the dominion, or right before it. weyoun says something like "the sona can no longer provide us with ketracel white" and i think it's supposed to be implied it's because of the events of insurrection

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

worf: assimilate this (ejaculates)

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

lol of course nero got his kewl missiles from the loving borg

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

in the new star trek it will be explained that the borg are actually the reason for ww2, complete with flashbacks of hitler visiting werner von braun while drones lurk in the background tinkering with v2 rockets. therefore they are also responsible for the space race.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Scudworth posted:

You're in the writers room right now aren't you

if wrote star trek it would be nothing but romulan bitches with huge tits conquering the men (and women, also with huge tits) of the federation

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

neelix makes a lot more sense when you realize he's a sex predator

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

"Don't tell anyone, even the boy's mother." -- Traveler to Picard

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

No, that's actually a pretty sane argument believe it or not. He was in a relationship with Kes, a member of a race who only live Nine years and she wasn't even One when they first started dating. There is also a very skeevy episode in season 2 or 3 where she gets pushed into their species' once-in-a-lifetime mating state because of ambient space-rays when she's only two or three and it usually happens to Ocampa who are four or five years old. And insists Neelix gently caress her during it, a deed he's not entirely resistant to.

The whole thing should've had the writer of it quietly led away for small chat and a severance slip. Or possibly had them placed on a government watch list.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

imagine a star trek babe with the rear end of kira and the tits of seven of nine :eyepop:

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

rank makes no sense in the star trek universe, especially in the 2009 reboot where kirk goes from cadet who hasn't graduated from the academy yet to permanent captain of the ship because it was something he was meant to do or whatever.

sometimes on ds9 or tng they would actually discuss the difference between an officer and an enlisted crewmember, like the half romulan kid who couldn't wait to get into space so he enlisted and lied about being half romulan, or there are a few instances on ds9 where they point out that o'brien isn't an officer.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

To be fair, wasn't the Enterprise stuffed with mostly cadets rather than proper crew because of that emergency call to action in the reboot movie? It's still dumb seeing him get permanent captain after only what amounts to a couple days work, but for the movie events proper it makes a small amount sense if he's the only one onboard who's had any kind of command training aside from Spock.

it's no dumber really than wrath of kahn where they are training cadets specifically to go straight to the enterprise and is saavik still in the academy as a lieutenant or did they send her back for additional training? who cares it's kahn.

actually i looked her up on wikipedia and it's a bunch of sperging about the plausibility of her being half romulan or some poo poo

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You tend to be pretty motivated as a spy on a Romulan Warbird when your life is on the line and you're among the race that wrote the book on espionage.

She still spent half the time crying and acting scared

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Arcsquad12 posted:

No, they are Star Trek's response to Stargate, except stupider. Though the brawl between the Jem'Hadar and the rebels is pretty fun.

i heard this is one of the episodes in season 4 that had to be cut significantly for being too violent. my favorite part is the end where the jems are just standing around getting high on their white, staring off into space, and they're just like "well, we still have to hunt down and murder everyone else that's left on this planet. next time we see you we'll probably be trying to kill you too. later."

also that was the first episode with weyoun and it ends with him getting murdered too. the opening is probably the most memorable thing, though, because a huge part of the station is just blown up. you never see anything like that at any point in the series except when the defiant gets blown up i guess.

oh and odo mentions they stole "photonic amplifiers" i.e., flashlights

Mulaney Power Move fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Mar 8, 2017

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I wonder what the ratio of actual discovery to exploding poo poo will be in the new star trek

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

He also narrated one of those cgi heavy dinosaur documentaries. "Here is what we think a dinosaur battle royale would look like."

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

How come no star trek ever did any planet of the dinosaurs poo poo unless they were lame evolved space dinosaurs or whatever

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I remember there were cavemen and lava in that episode, and janeway ate worms, but I dont remember dinosaurs

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Oh and chakotay hated camping and complained about being the only indian that couldnt start a fire, but that is ok because indians are spacemen it turns out

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Look chakotay was an indian ok, what else do you want, zulus?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

And khan was a beardless sikh because he was a nonconformist and totally not just a mexican

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

The new star trek better have some real mexicans!!!

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

The only thing close to a mexican was o'briens guy that spent that whole episode bleeding to death

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

One was australian and the other one was vaguely eastern european

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

picard likes to gently caress then drink tea

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

ACRE & EQUAT posted:

I liked that one documentary about the warship voyager archduke ferdinanding a racism planet

that was the best episode. janeway made a lot more sense to me, and chakotay was actually entertaining for once. there was like a seen where he was talking about how his people were oppressed on earth while torturing a guy to death like a james bond villain, i think he even had an eyepatch?

nah that was "falcon"

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Left behind by advanced chair technology

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

all i know is that stephen maturin, the best surgeon in the royal navy and best friend of lucky jack aubrey, would never participate in battle. even when the sophie boarded the the cacafuego against like 6-1 odds, he stayed on board and steered.

of course he did shoot one guy and then cut the throat of another after bashing him in the head with a giant obsidian dick-shaped paper weight, but he was doing intelligence work. and he fought a lot of duels, too.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Oberleutnant posted:

loving hell i only just realised that bashir is a stephen maturin knockoff.

not really. he would have to be addicted to some kind of space drug and his pursuit of jadzia would be far more lugubrious, also he only sort of gets into intelligence work in the later seasons. plus instead of being into space birds or whatever he plays tennis. and he doesn't even play an instrument. o'brien is the one with the cello. really there is very little connection between the two characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Apparently the idea in season 4 was to make Dukat a good guy but then they just went nah, and I think I even read that he was going to be a love interest for Kira but Nana Visitor said no way, because come the gently caress on.