Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Kes worked better when she got to be a villain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Harry and Kes should have been Tuvixed.

Karry? Hes? Ensign Kem?

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

A lean mean green Breen machine!

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Endless Trash posted:

I don’t mind the Breen being flubber people

I couldn't quite put my finger on what they reminded me of, thanks

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

gives purple nurple to assess your pagh

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

TheKingslayer posted:

Garak would gently caress Pinhead up.

Frank gets revenge

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

TrashMammal posted:

that’s some other q’s jurisdiction

My dear TrashMammal, they're all Q.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Voyager is very episodic despite the premise so it's possible to have a good episode every now and then. Picard requires you to watch an entire season.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Endless Trash posted:

I love the thesaurus people episode!

They're called the Voth.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

I like the episode where they go rescue the Denobulan geologists or something and they didn't really need "rescuing" as much as "convincing" because they could scale the walls of the caves as easy as humans can walk up a slight incline.

Are humans particularly good at anything? Like are we "special" because our spit can break down sugar or we can stay conscious with only a 16% oxygen atmosphere?

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Gutcruncher posted:

Humans are stupid enough that we don’t know what we can’t do so we go for it goshdarnit

FFS we're the Orks

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Gutcruncher posted:

There was an old article talking about how they anticipate Neelix being the breakout character.

Hooooooo boy

Neelix, designed to appeal to the younger Star Trek viewers in the hopes of launching a prequel YA book series focusing on Neelix's high school years.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

A species that doesn't live as long as humans and most other humanoids isn't inherently creepy, but it would have been way less weird if the Ocampa lived to 25 - 40 and accomplish the same thing.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

John Wick of Dogs posted:

What they wanted is for her to go from young lady in season one to old woman in season 7 when they get home, that's why they chose such a short time span.

"We age a little faster than humans until 21. Then, we quickly decline."

It's not like a 20 year old Vulcan acts like a 10 year old human.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Jumja sticks seem good

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

:lmao:

Was Ethan Phillips some kind of dancer and they decided to show off his talents or something?

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Worf: something something something sense-oars

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Quark would make sure to mention the reliable companionship of a holosuite.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

counterfeitsaint posted:

Just be thankful that Klingon was roughly his own age and level of development.

She was at least 18.

So in Neelix terms, a cougar.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You know Neelix banged out a few more kids and the first one was named Tuvok in his honor.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Fabulousity posted:

Someone help me out here: Somewhere else on The Internet I have been called out for suggesting that Marc Alaimo himself was creeped out by how much fans loved Gul Dukat. I'm pretty sure I did not imagine that and it came from somewhere so give me a source.

My alt.star-trek honor depends on it.

Ira Steven Behr said something like that, but I dunno about Alaimo.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

It's funny 'cause Dukat always talks about how progressive and merciful he was compared to others but doesn't really name anyone as the real villainous mastermind.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

qoSlIj DatIvjaj to the ground

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

It would have been a better plot without the supernatural shenanigans. Dukat worming his way into yet another power structure.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

he had plastic surgery to make his dick look bajoran, but that was years before the pah wraith thing. dude's real hosed up.

It's hard to please Bajoran women with a cloaca.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

redshirt posted:

Cardassian Cloaca is a thought I bet not many of us have had before, till right now.

I thought it was a common belief throughout the fandom.

So yeah, because they share traits with reptiles it's theorized they have cloacae and not mammalian genitalia.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

It's the wormhole not the wokehole

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

In order to stay in character between shooting Marc would regularly call up Nana Visitor and talk about banging her mom.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

I thought the death of Ziyal was going to bring about a radical change given his mental break but it just seem to open his mind to new less conventional methods of evil.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Space Jam posted:

the cardassians must have a 24/7 video production studio where guls and legates tape pre-recorded messages accusing each other of betraying cardassia and their space station/outpost is about to explode

They could probably just simulate them. But I prefer the pre-recorded idea just because it means they had to go through every possible scenario, like the SNL skit about pre-recording presidential death announcements.

"Attention Bajoran workers, your insurrection has failed. Release Constable Odo from the walk-in freezer or I will be forced to take stronger measures."

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

drilldo squirt posted:

:rip: those two guys.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Watching one of the TNG Klingon episodes and yay, it's Gowron! :eyepop:

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I want to see a reality show about Klingon drag queens. “You bitch! That top is without honor!”

The challenge of the double tuck

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

I search for warriors with mat-LEH, nagah, Hutvav, and re'lIng! (Loyalty, drive, nerve, & talent)

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

My favorite but from the 1996 episode was Sarah Silverman giving chase to Tom and Tuvok and Tom shouting "Red alert!" And I can't decide if it's the most nonsensical thing ever or just perfectly in-character for Tom.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

The lead up to the infamous barrel assault on Worf is kind of hilarious the way they frame it like a Final Destination death scene. It's like the barrel is stalking him.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Wifi Toilet posted:

Forgot how big of a mind slut Tuvok is. I'm only on the second episode of season 3 and he's already melded with a telepath, a murderer, and Mr. Suder.

:neelix:

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Wifi Toilet posted:

Forgot how big of a mind slut Tuvok is. I'm only on the second episode of season 3 and he's already melded with a telepath, a murderer, and Mr. Suder.

Paris was telepathic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Der Kyhe posted:

Didn't Starfleet and Quark used to get their kitchenware from Target or something? They use flower vases as alien drinking vessels with minimal changes, that has always happened.

The Klingon blood wine mugs are big measuring cups.