Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

SA lawmakers want crab declawing outlawed

Lawmakers and advocates gathered Tuesday to push for a bill that would make it illegal to declaw crabs in South Australia, but a group representing the state's veterinarians says the procedure should remain legal.

Advocates ranging from state Animal Society members to individual veterinarians met in Adelaide to push for a bill sponsored by Assemblymember Linda Crablady, which would ban the practice of declawing crabs except when medically necessary.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crab

So would you basically cut off the equivalent of 2 knuckles from your hands or keep them? Would you cut your toes off?

I wouldn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Take the claws off after you boil them

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

amityville anus posted:

this is an interesting approach, but maybe they should tackle the problem using preventative measures like rubber bands around the claws, or reviewing and adjusting crab/human interaction policies and procedures?

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

I've hung out with a couple crabs in my time, and they seem like okay ppl and are just like us, except tastier

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Attack their weak point for massive damage

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pain_in_crustaceans

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Attack their weak point for massive damage

dont attack while theyre claws are up

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
you can declaw one claw from stone crabs and throw them back in the ocean to grow it again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAU94U1b5e8

stone crab is the best

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

lonesomedwarf posted:

dont attack while theyre claws are up

I often think while reading about mass shootings, "if only they had giant crab claws"

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
serve on ice, smack 'em with a little gay hammer, and dip in even gayer little buttercups

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
It's hosed up to declaw a crab because without claws they're basically just a head with legs

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

I think the crabs deserve a little fear and respect from us, as their babies are born with claws capable of killing most things smaller than themselves, unlike human babies

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
I read the OP twice and I'm still wondering why you would declaw a crab in the first place.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
http://imgur.com/gallery/rK0GnVN

I dunno, letting them keep claws could be a bad thing.

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

i think we should make the crabs declaw each other in ritual combat

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012

Kharnifex posted:

http://imgur.com/gallery/rK0GnVN

I dunno, letting them keep claws could be a bad thing.

Just because that guy allowed a crab to disarm him doesn't mean we should disarm crabs

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

The second amendment clearly allows the ownership of weaponry for all citizens, including crabs. If you declaw this crab, the NRA will get you.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
declawing crabs is murder

murder she wrote

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

Nobnob posted:

The second amendment clearly allows the ownership of weaponry for all citizens, including crabs. If you declaw this crab, the NRA will get you.

yeah the second amendment includes the right to bear arms, bear claws and crab claws

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
the claws taste great the meat in them is super.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I wish someone would declaw my crabs. I literally spend half the day scratching my balls.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Nobnob posted:

If you take away a crab's right to bear arms, they're just going to do this instead

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

I am now convinced that lobsters feel pain. Anything that stops being bothered by sharp pokes after you numb it up pretty loving clearly feels pain.

That said Crustaceans are related to Arachnids so gently caress that poo poo let those eight legged fuckers suffer along with their land dwelling friends.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
don't declaw crabs you momos. It's cruel and it leaves them defenseless. If you are so worried about your $150 Ikea couch you shouldn't have got a crab in the first place. Use your drat brains for once you evil idiots.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

JiveHonky posted:

don't declaw crabs you momos. It's cruel and it leaves them defenseless. If you are so worried about your $150 Ikea couch you shouldn't have got a crab in the first place. Use your drat brains for once you evil idiots.

#crablivesmatter

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

#trigglycrab

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
My roommate cooked some crabs the other day. Brought em home live from the seafood market and I had no idea how they were prepared from such a state. Dude ripped their claws off with his bare hands, let em chill in the cold water bath (still alive) for a few minutes, then finally ripped their main back plate off (again with bare hands) to reveal their still-beating heart which was promptly extinguished.

The whole thing was metal as gently caress and slightly disturbing in its brutality.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Chomp8645 posted:

My roommate cooked some crabs the other day. Brought em home live from the seafood market and I had no idea how they were prepared from such a state. Dude ripped their claws off with his bare hands, let em chill in the cold water bath (still alive) for a few minutes, then finally ripped their main back plate off (again with bare hands) to reveal their still-beating heart which was promptly extinguished.

The whole thing was metal as gently caress and slightly disturbing in its brutality.

you're supposed to toss them into boiling water

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Yeah I'm not really buying that story given that it'd make no sense for him to do that unless he just wanted to torture large water bugs...which is creepy.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
People pay lots of money to pick crabs apart, don't they know you can buy crabs cakes for a lot less?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
*in mr. krabs voice*

But how would me hold all me money!?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Sorry I don't know anything about prepping crabs, just reporting what I saw. But that's how he did it. Could be he's just a scrub but he himself seemed confident that was a good way of doing things.

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:

amityville anus posted:

You steam crabs. I mean I don't know for sure but I think that would actually make their agony worse (steaming). drat are they delicious though.

Why would you cut the claws off? Claw meat is awesome.

e: I guess I come from a family that either eats crabs whole/steamed; on a related note I live in WI so I have to pay like 100 bucks a half bushel, steamed and dry frozen/overnighted. Usually, with my family, we eat half straight out of the box and make the other half into soup.

Maybe declawing has to do with Seafood chains like red lobster and stiff where they just serve arms/legs.

Acid Haze fucked around with this message at 19:26 on May 22, 2016

FrozenGoldfishGod
Oct 29, 2009

JUST LOOK AT THIS SHIT POST!

Tace Vim posted:

Lawmakers and advocates gathered Tuesday to push for a bill that would make it illegal to declaw crabs in South Australia, but a group representing the state's veterinarians says the procedure should remain legal.

Advocates ranging from state Animal Society members to individual veterinarians met in Adelaide to push for a bill sponsored by Assemblymember Linda Crablady, which would ban the practice of declawing crabs except when medically necessary.

So would you basically cut off the equivalent of 2 knuckles from your hands or keep them? Would you cut your toes off?

I wouldn't.

You should probably see a doctor about your case of crabs, OP.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Tace Vim posted:

I wouldn't.

SHUT THE gently caress UP

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
How come crabs walk sideways, what was God thinking when he made them that way

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

crabs are excellent at rolling out of the pocket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU