Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
What weird stuff have you run into in the woods?

Stuff I've found:

• Old structural foundations/chimneys
  • Abandoned camps
  • LARPers
  • People hunting for some kind of plants or something. It wasn't pot, but I figured I'd give them a wide berth and leave them be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I like the hint about non native plants as evidence for an old homestead!

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Luvcow posted:

same, it seems very common

i leave these a lot of places that i set up camp. These two are from last year, built a couple days apart:

retirned to find the first one gone so i built a new one:

usually leave a few little bits of food too like cashews or peanuts thrown in the four cardinal directions from where i'm sitting, always leave something for the little people, especially if your spending a lot of time at their site and inconveniencing them

and like others have said i've found lots of foundations and some intact but obviously no longer used houses and cabins, always a strange feeling, wish i still had pictures of those to share :(

Is this like a Scandinavian tradition? It is pretty cute.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Picnic Princess posted:

Coral fungus, there's a lot that grows around here. Not sure if it's edible.

I think it will cause severe gastric upset but I don't think it's super dangerous.

• Locked thread