Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 46 minutes!
Dinosaur Gum

A Kpro posted:

I was reading some stories of some guy who was supposedly a search and rescue officer and he kept mentioning finding staircases miles away from trails. I've been off the beaten path a lot and have yet to see anything as close as weird as that, but the more I thought about it the more I came to realize it was probably a bunch of bullshit.

I can't say I've found any really weird stuff outside of the ordinary mining ruins, but I did bury some silly air force award I got in some hard to get remote spot 10000 feet up in Idaho. I should go back years from now and retrieve it with someone without telling them what we're doing and I'll blow their mind.

Those stories are some of the most upvoted posts on the subreddit r/nosleep which is where people post 'scary stories' and everyone in the subreddit has to act as if they're real. Interesting stories but definitely bullshit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/3iex1h/im_a_search_and_rescue_officer_for_the_us_forest/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread