Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.
Been following your posts, not sure if I can spot anything fir certain

1: like radish said perhaps give the main 24pin mobo cable a bit of slack if you haven't already.

2: the pins from the case to motherboard (hdd led, power and reset buttons etc) usually clip onto a little plastic block. Not always but if it's there you may find it easier to keep pins fitted, check the mobo box.

3: it's been a while since I've worked with stock Intel heatsinks, but I notice the little black plastic twisty push pin things aren't all turned the same way. Someone else will have to back me up or correct me though as I can't remember if those black parts have free play or not. But I just wanted to mention it incase it meant your cpu cooler wasn't tightened correctly.

Edit: I downloaded the manual for your mobo and it doesn't come with a block I mentioned in point 1 just FYI.

Guy below me has the right idea, start with bare minimum and see how it goes. :)

Captain Hair fucked around with this message at 22:41 on May 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread