Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Josef bugman posted:

Right about the current situation. Will attempt that, but please don't make me unplug the fronts pieces. I spent almost 30 mins getting them to plug in throughout today and cursing like a sailor whilst I worked on it.

I have an imgur album that shows the current status of my PC.

http://imgur.com/a/folHB

Oh and my RAM is now back in the right place and my PC is turning back on again!

AHA! The mobo power connector on your PSU is partially out, if you look at your pics you can see that it's not all the way in.

It might be making a sporadic connection but even the slightest bump could cause the power to disconnect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Josef bugman posted:

Oh, got it and plugged in now. Unfortunately still no connection to the monitor, but it is now turning on.

Hmmm, maybe check the cables for the monitor? Make sure the power and video cable are firmly connected there. Also, this is going to sound patronizing but I don't want to overlook anything, is the monitor actually turned on?

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I'm glad to see it all worked out for you! And yeah, it's always something dumb like RAM not fully in, you want to push it in hard enough that the motherboard flexes a bit, that's how you know it's all the way in there.

Also you should thank your lucky stars that you didn't have to RMA the thing, that can end up being a real pain in the rear end, especially if you have to deal with the manufacturer instead of the retailer. :gonk:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Josef bugman posted:

Got it to work!

Though the screen resolution is a little weird, will I be able to muck around with this later?

Once you have your video card drivers installed you should be able to bump up the resolution to the correct one.

• Locked thread