Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LastCaress
May 8, 2004

bonobo
I've been working as a veterinarian in a school hospital for the last 5 years in the radiology department and one thing that annoys me is that after each exam I have to record a CD of the exams that were done. This takes time (ok not a lot), is wasteful, most of the times pointless (I'm sure 90% of the owners won't look at the images), sometimes I have to record the same exam 10 times because the ownser keep losing them.. heck I don't even own something capable of reading computer cds anymore :|
So I'm looking for anoter solution : uploading the images to a host, and giving an url to the owners. The way I'd like it to work would be:

-I have a webpage where I can easily create users. After doing an x-ray I create a user, the user id would be a number (the identifier of the animal in our internal system) and a password would be generated. I would then print the user and password to give the owner. So if the animal's id number is 32839, the owners can go to https://www.url.com/32839 enter a password and have access to images I upload, or reports (.pdf).

-I also do CT scans. CT images can't be uploaded (too big) but I do reports of the exams that take 5 days to be completed. It would be great if I could add the owner's email when I create a user page, and when I upload the report and automatic email would be sent to the owner, letting them know the report is ready.

-Owners can change password, download or delete images.

I have a domain name and a web host (lithiumhosting)

Is there a free, simple solution that does this? Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Have you considered just usin' Dropbox? You just drag all the stuff into a folder per owner right on your computer and you give them the share URL to their folder, which gives them a nice web page with all the files, or you could share the folder with them if they have dropbox which would let them delete images and so on.

• Locked thread