Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

The Big Taff Man posted:

Can someone gif the goal for me I want to watch it over and over

you mean this one?
https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/748982838221942786?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Hal Robson-Kanuuuuuu

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
That was ridiculous. Well done Wales. I would honestly be stunned if you don't beat a poo poo limping Portugal, especially as the Ronaldo ego will be focused on besting Bale.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Ramsey's gonna be well rested for the final.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Hal of a goal.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Too many men in their fifties bawling their eyes out. It's a bit much tbh.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

that was fully sick

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe
Cardiff's rocking.

Ideal scenario for the semi is for Ronaldo to miss like 4 free kicks, then Bale to put one in the top corner and give Ronaldo a poo poo eating grin as he celebrates.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Wales Online's hyperbolic entries today have been amazing. Hailing Robson-Kanu as the greatest player to ever exist ha. Dude should make some serious bank now.

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Congrats wales and the SFA song is the best team song of the euros to boot

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Fair play Wales. Massive chance of getting to the final.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Andy King could win the Euros after winning the premier league with Leicester.. And hes not even really welsh

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WabT1L-nN-E

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
Big fan of the Wale here. Land of my fathers, stereophonics, prince Charles. Rhod Gilbert always my fave buzzcocks presenter even though it got cancelled. When they win the tournament it will be a victory for all of Britain, like Andy Murray

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Whats everybodys favorite lostprophets song?

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
Forreal I want you naggers to win it now

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe
I was sitting behind the goal when Russia beat us in the play off in 2003.

For pretty much my entire life following Wales has been like following a League 2 team. You saviour every dull 0-0 away point in Serbia and Montenegro like it's World Cup final because it's the best you're going to get. We've always had at least 1 world class player it seems like (Rush, Giggs, Bale) but you kind of resigned yourself to watching us lose first round qualifiers on S4C in front of 200 people and then cheering on England until the rugby started (yes, we cheered on England, what else were we going to do)

So this...it's not even Leicester winning the league levels of underdog. It's loving Wrexham winning the league. We're a proper team on the world stage and we belong there.

It's amazing.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

CityMidnightJunky posted:

So this...it's not even Leicester winning the league levels of underdog. It's loving Wrexham winning the league.

Pretty sick of this small time mentality tbh. We're not as bad as loving Wrexham.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

I was sitting behind the goal when Russia beat us in the play off in 2003.

For pretty much my entire life following Wales has been like following a League 2 team. You saviour every dull 0-0 away point in Serbia and Montenegro like it's World Cup final because it's the best you're going to get. We've always had at least 1 world class player it seems like (Rush, Giggs, Bale) but you kind of resigned yourself to watching us lose first round qualifiers on S4C in front of 200 people and then cheering on England until the rugby started (yes, we cheered on England, what else were we going to do)

So this...it's not even Leicester winning the league levels of underdog. It's loving Wrexham winning the league. We're a proper team on the world stage and we belong there.

It's amazing.

make ronald cry

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe

sassassin posted:

Pretty sick of this small time mentality tbh. We're not as bad as loving Wrexham.

Actually, yeah, this is a bit harsh. Nobody is as bad as Wrexham.

I don't see how you can not have a small time mentality when you've seen your team regularly get beat by teams of the calibre of loving Cyprus. That's the point. We WERE small time. And now we're in the semi finals of the Euro's.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Actually, yeah, this is a bit harsh. Nobody is as bad as Wrexham.

I don't see how you can not have a small time mentality when you've seen your team regularly get beat by teams of the calibre of loving Cyprus. That's the point. We WERE small time. And now we're in the semi finals of the Euro's.

Lowest point ever for me outside of the obvious was Vinnie Jones as Captain against Holland and the result of that

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

The Big Taff Man posted:

Lowest point ever for me outside of the obvious was Vinnie Jones as Captain against Holland and the result of that

Losing to Leyton Orient.
Losing to Moldova and 5-0 to Georgia.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
It's coming near home. It's coming home-ish. It's coming to the neighbourhood.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
Big Nev getting hosed up in Bucharest was one of the worst.
Beaten from loving miles out.
5-0 down in the first half.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
How big a loss is Ramsey?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Ramsey's been our best player in the tournament.

So pretty big.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

rear end cobra posted:

Whats everybodys favorite lostprophets song?

Last Train (It's Coming) Home to gently caress children

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

sassassin posted:

So pretty big.

Who's likely to take his place?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Ewar Woowar posted:

Who's likely to take his place?

Andy King

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Baron Corbyn posted:

Premier League winner Andy King

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe

sassassin posted:

So pretty big.

He's arguably been the best player in the tournament full stop.

I think it will be the difference unfortunately. Unless Bale has the game of his life. I didn't really watch the Premier League regularly last season. How good is Premier League Winner (tm) Andy King? Is he the same sort of player as Ramsey?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'm confident purely due to Portugals complete inability to win in regulation time. Taking Ramsey out the equation seems to be just making it fair for them.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

He's arguably been the best player in the tournament full stop.

I think it will be the difference unfortunately. Unless Bale has the game of his life. I didn't really watch the Premier League regularly last season. How good is Premier League Winner (tm) Andy King? Is he the same sort of player as Ramsey?

Andy King is the same sort of player; good engine, late runs into the box, can do a bit of everything, but he hasn't got nearly the same quality as Rambo.

He barely played for Leicester, but did well enough when he was called upon.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Johnny Williams come in instead for his ability to hold onto the ball and win free kicks. No one can resist kicking him about.

Alternatively, Vokes and Kanu could start with Bale dropping deeper. But I doubt it.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Wales should be fine as long as they don't poo poo the bed. Portugal are p bad

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Wales should be fine as long as they don't poo poo the bed. Portugal are p bad

Yeah

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
OTOH Wales were well beaten by England. We scored two goals!

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Breath Ray posted:

Bale chat poo poo, got banged.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Breath Ray posted:

It's pretty embarrassing that we lost to one of the worst teams in the tournament tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Oh well it's over, onward and upward to the true goal the 2018 World Cup!!!

• Locked thread