Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe
OHHHH CHIMPANZEE THAT!!!

loving class. It is funny seeing most of Cardiff wearing rugby shirts since that's all they've ever needed before today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe
Cardiff's rocking.

Ideal scenario for the semi is for Ronaldo to miss like 4 free kicks, then Bale to put one in the top corner and give Ronaldo a poo poo eating grin as he celebrates.

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe
I was sitting behind the goal when Russia beat us in the play off in 2003.

For pretty much my entire life following Wales has been like following a League 2 team. You saviour every dull 0-0 away point in Serbia and Montenegro like it's World Cup final because it's the best you're going to get. We've always had at least 1 world class player it seems like (Rush, Giggs, Bale) but you kind of resigned yourself to watching us lose first round qualifiers on S4C in front of 200 people and then cheering on England until the rugby started (yes, we cheered on England, what else were we going to do)

So this...it's not even Leicester winning the league levels of underdog. It's loving Wrexham winning the league. We're a proper team on the world stage and we belong there.

It's amazing.

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe

sassassin posted:

Pretty sick of this small time mentality tbh. We're not as bad as loving Wrexham.

Actually, yeah, this is a bit harsh. Nobody is as bad as Wrexham.

I don't see how you can not have a small time mentality when you've seen your team regularly get beat by teams of the calibre of loving Cyprus. That's the point. We WERE small time. And now we're in the semi finals of the Euro's.

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe

sassassin posted:

Ramsey's been our best player in the tournament.

So pretty big.

He's arguably been the best player in the tournament full stop.

I think it will be the difference unfortunately. Unless Bale has the game of his life. I didn't really watch the Premier League regularly last season. How good is Premier League Winner (tm) Andy King? Is he the same sort of player as Ramsey?

• Locked thread