Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
I feel like the current tiebreaker system is even worse than sudden death. If one team has 0 time left and the other one has time left, just let them win. You're wasting everyone's time by forcing an incredibly easy take-the-first-point garbagematch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

I enjoy getting PotG as Reaper when I'm the only person left on my team.

Everyone else quit, that's my little gold star for effort.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

How the christ do you dislodge a Junkrat from the upper left window (seen from spawn) at the destination point on King's Row? Can't hit him with splash since he can go to the other side, can't teleport up there with Reaper since he'll destroy you before you even materialize.

Enemy pulling that trick completely wrecked my team's defense.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Has anyone gotten a Lucio POTG?

I have no idea if it's even possible. Boop two people off a cliff? Nope. Save team from two simultaneous ults with sound barrier? Nope. Like what more can I do? Boop the whole enemy team to death?

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

unless you're also in their tier, you're not gonna be playing with them anyway

They probably will since if the scrubs haven't done their placement matches yet they'll get spread out all over gold and platinum.

I've never heard of anyone placing lower than gold.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

TheresaJayne posted:

I thought i was placed at bronze? 1444 ranking

How, even? I lost 9/10 placement matches this season and got put in upper Gold.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Zenyatta's golden balls look great with a lot of his skins.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

I still think all three of the capture maps focus too much chokes. Hanamura especially has two serious meatgrinders. Anubis and Volskaya are a little better, but man.

Hybrid maps are better.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

I need to tape a scope overlay or something on my screen. When I play Widow I headshot people left and right, but as McCree I can't do it for poo poo despite it being the same mechanic. So, it must be the scope overlay.

Seriously though, why don't sniping skills translate into McCree headshots?

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

I don't understand how attack Torbs get to platinum rank to begin with.

I've never seen that strategy work.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

So I just had a comp game where first the enemy capped both points, then my team capped both. Then they capped both again and so did we, both on overtime, but the match still continued. Didn't that use to be a tie?

We won but I'm not sure I enjoy playing that much payload in a row.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I laugh every time a Genji desperately deflects in front of me.

Smashing the dreams of Genjis is like the #1 reason I'll pick Winston in QP.

Same. Then I realized he's really good in mid level ranked too, so I kept playing him.

Zapping them often makes the squshier DPS retreat from their team, which makes the healer follow too, and then you murder both while their tanks are stuck at the frontline. It's all monkey business.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

You haven't truly lived before you've heard two adult men bitch at each other over mic about who gets to play Genji

"yeah but I'm a genji main"
"i don't care what your main is he's my main"
"well you played him last turn it's my turn now"
"nuh uh i main him i'm better than you"

Thoughtless fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Nov 11, 2017

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Delete Junkrat too while you're at it and suddenly we have a fun balanced game

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Sometimes when I play this game I wonder why all the robot characters have heads that house all the critical machinery and thus take extra damage.

I mean humans have an excuse, robots don't.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Would it totally break Winston if his DPS was upped to like... I dunno, 70, so you could at least beat Mercy's healing? As it is, a target being healed is completely invulnerable to you. Yeah, you should probably go for the Mercy instead but it's the little things.

Similarly, for an ulting Mercy, you do 40 dps given her regeneration, which means you need to be on her for five whole seconds to kill her alone, and Winston's not nearly as mobile as Mercy is so good luck ever doing that.

I like playing Winston but he's basically completely invalidated if there's a Mercy on the enemy team.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

How would Winston not counter Moira? She seems like exactly the kind of character he eats for breakfast.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Dodgeball posted:

It would be really nice if there was a visual indicator for when Winston's (and sure, Orisa's) shield(s) expire due to time. There's little pulses for visual effect on Winston's shield, just make it like, 3 pulse lines and it expires, or it loses its blue/red hue and turns whitish the closer it is to time-out.

RE: post launch characters; I tend to stick to QM or random heroes, but Sombra to me is just super fun stealthing behind enemy lines, hacking health packs, placing escape teleport-homers next to the hacked packs, and harassing supports until I have ult. I'm probably playing her wrong, but I love denying health packs to the enemy team and blinking away once they think they have me. I'm totally lost with what to do for Ana/Doomfist/Orisa, though.

Sombra is weak unless you build your team around her ult and that won't ever happen unless you have a dedicated comp team. She's very fun though.

Ana requires too much effort compared to every other support and the fact that she has no escape makes her unfun, but that's just me.

Doomfist is useless, feels useless, I don't think anyone plays him, half of the time his abilities don't do anything and the other half you get to cry about how little damage they do. Why is he even in the game? As a bonus he might have the worst ult in the game.

Orisa is good and fun at least at the middle ranks, I really like advancing with her shield and pulling bad players into pits.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Cephas posted:

the worst thing in this game right now is zarya, symmetra, and moira's beam attacks having a weird abstract range that you can't actually determine from first person. idk, maybe if they had the option to toggle a range around them like lucio's aura it could help, at least until you internalize them. Moira's range in particular feels really counterintuitive.

Zarya's beam is the worst for this. If I'm playing her it's very short, if the enemy plays her it reaches halfway across the map and is wide as hell too.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

I only play Winston in deathmatches. It sounds retarded but since you eat everyone who can't aim and/or plays a squishy, you win a lot. My last deathmatch was like, genjis symmetras a mccree and two reapers and I won handily.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Montalvo posted:

What's the best least painful DPS to learn if my aiming is awful and I'm on console? I main supports and tanks but figure I should learn a DPS to 'flex.'

Pharah since you don't need to track much, just predict your shots.

Or Soldier since you can spray so much you're bound to hit something.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

It's basically every hitbox in this game due to a combination of them being oversized and the client prioritizing the attacker.

Rein's hammer for example will hit you waaaay outside of its visual range. Same with his charge, which will sometimes suck you into it even though you're nowhere near it.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Maybe there are no good players tanks in gold, but Orisa and Reinhardt are kinda terrible against Moira. Your orb goes through their shields, and while you can't kill them it's not really your job as a healer. Roadhog can't kill you quicker than you can fade out after he lands one shot and then he's a heal battery. If you're quick enough he can't even hook you because you can fade when he throws it and the cooldown is shorter.

D.Va is pretty meh. Can't really kill you unless she chases you for ages, and if she chases you she's not tanking. If she is tanking she's a heal battery.

Zarya, however, does wreck you.

If you have to actually do the killing them yeah they all beat you, but in that case you lost the game anyway because your DPS aren't doing anything.

Thoughtless fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jan 28, 2018

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Moly B. Denum posted:

Dva is one of Moira's hardest counters. She can eat the orbs and has the mobility and dps to chase Moira down. Her armor also cuts succ beam's damage in half.

Yeah, her armor doesn't affect the self-healing however so between your own mobility and that it'll take her forever to kill you, in my experience. And of course, if she's chasing you around the map, then both teams are down one player.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

In potato tier I barely have enough time to suck on my enemies with how much damage my team takes every second of being alive. Forget about using the cool death orbs, it's healing all the way down. Including the ultimate.

And when I've spent all my juice, my orb and my ult the Genji will still be there next to me, spamming the "need healing" button, like some sort of vampire, while my team hasn't advanced an inch.

Such is life.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

I don't feel like Moira is overpowered, but she punishes low skill hard, in that if you can't hit her while she bounces around she's going to murder you, similar to Symmetra but with less damage and more healing.

She's also hard to heal effectively with because even after two dozen games or so I still have no idea what the range on the spray is (wiki says it's 15 meters but it feels more like 5) and you really can't waste any of it. There's also basically zero feedback for if you're healing anything.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Surely the supercharger should be like Symmetra's shield booster and have 50 meter range, so you could place it somewhere other than on top of a teamfight.

It still has the charging ropes pointing out exactly where it is but it'd be harder to destroy since the enemy team would have to dive you instead of firing vaguely in the right direction.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

berenzen posted:

A genji that continues to fight someone that's continuously getting healed is not a good genji. If he forces the moira to burn healing orb for herself, then that's a win for genji's team, because that's healing that's not being used for the moira's team. If a moira uses healing orb, the genji should be disengaging.

I don't understand what mystery world everyone plays in where Moira is far away from her team.

Every time I get attacked by a Genji I healthball towards my team and run to them with it. Or even more easily I can just fade to them.

If I'm extremely far away for some reason the healthball will be ready again by the time I get to my team.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Well this CTF has the exact same problem as the last one: teams capture one flag and then turtle until the game ends. Fun.

Should be forced to capture three to win.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Am I playing Orisa wrong if I'm basically getting no kills? Like, yeah I have the shield up and usually survive, but she does so little damage I can't do anything but stall unless my team's on point.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

What exactly is the trick to oneshotting tanks with scatter arrow? When I shoot it right at someone's feet it doesn't even kill squishies, but when I have it used against me it burns 400 health instantly.

Is it a specific angle, charge or what?

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Shnag posted:

When Mei is on the other team, she ice walls to protect her grav-bombed team from a double ults, throws me all over the place with ice wall, ice walls to protect her self and teammates from picks. Is annoying as hell. Mei on my team ice walls the entrance at the start of every match, every time. Throws me around with her ice walls, blocks me and teammates from getting picks with ice wall. Is annoying as hell.

My favorite Mei Thing is when they put it up way in front of the payload so the enemy can advance with full cover.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

I suddenly understand how to play Reaper: get into an enemy's personal space and stick your gun into their face. Like, physical contact ideally.

For so goddamn long I've been trying to stay away to dodge attacks but nope, you get right up in there. My Reaper play went from miserable to tons of kills almost instantly.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Oh wow two legendaries this is gr- why

Thoughtless fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Feb 18, 2018

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Have any of you tried Total Mayhem since Moira's release?

She's basically an immortal god who cannot be destroyed but also cannot destroy anything. Every match is an eternal stalemate until people just quit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

How does Overwatch define a team kill? I thought it was everyone on the opponent team dead at the same time, but a lot of the time I'm watching someone running back from spawn and it announces a team kill long after they respawned. Is it just killing everyone within a certain timeframe, or...?